NBA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Abel, Oct 31, 2012.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I seriously can't get over how much the Raptors have improved post-Rudy Gay. Jesus.

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

Yea. Thanks for the reality check. When there's a good chance your team won't win the last 3 months of the regular season, all you can do is hope. Nearly everything has to go right. Their 2 1st round picks have to be gold, and at least one of their 10 2nd round picks :D has to be gold. Also, Noel has to live up to the hype, and MCW has to not become the next Tyreke Evans or Brandon Jennings (great rookie season, but rest of career doesn't live up to it). I'm hoping for Wiggins, Parker, or Randle with their 1st pick (they'll get one of them), and with the potential top 10 pick they for from the Pelicans, a scorer like Doug McDermott; or Marcus Smart if he falls to them.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Agree with Minus and Louis.

Plus, Joakim Noah's been playing like a man possessed over the past few Bulls games, so Chicago's fine even if Rose never reaches his old self again. The Raptors have been crazy, the Wizards are only going to get better with Wall and Beal leading the charge, the Knicks MIGHT become less Knicks-y with Phil Jackson at the helm now, the Pacers are not stupid and are not going to let up over the next few years, and unless LeBron jumps ship/Wade goes down permanently, the Heat are the Heat. Brooklyn's a BIG maybe depending on the health of MOST of their team (Truth and KG are in their twilights) and Atlanta's going to be stuck in mediocre land for eternity until something helps them win or they tank.

The Sixers are tankadelphic and the Bucks are accidentally tankadelphic. Both need more time, but in your case Leo, like Louis said, don't get your hopes up. :lol:

As for the West, please please PLEASE tell me Phoenix still has a chance to get to the Playoffs. I want Dallas out so bad since Memphis isn't going away any time soon.

And since we'll have mid-to-late firsts with our picks, the Wizards' pick and the Pacers' pick, please come to Phoenix somehow, Doug McDermott.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

As far as Phoenix is concerned, it's pretty hard to say. For whatever reason, the Suns are struggling. They haven't won too many games recently, and the pain is that they're losing close games and solidifying a 9th place in the West - which is literally the worst place to be in as a team (shitty lottery and no playoffs). With Bledsoe returning and finding his way back into the groove that the Suns managed to find without him, there's a chance that things will pick up as they approach the end of the season. However, with everyone in the West finding pretty good rhythm - Phoenix really has to win most of their games and hope that teams like Dallas, Memphis, and Golden State lose some crucial ones down the line to sneak back into the playoffs.

Minus

Fantasy Basketball Update! Nobody cares but I feel like bragging.

I just lost the first round of the playoffs. No, that's not what I'm bragging about.

The upside to losing the first round is that I'm in a keeper league, meaning we carry our rosters over from season to season. In light of my loss, I just dropped Shaun Livingston, Gorgui Dieng, Tyreke Evans (there's a good reason), Anderson Varejao, and Kendall Marshall for JJ Redick, Larry Sanders, Brook Lopez, Kobe Bryant, and Nerlens motherfuckin' Noel.

This is what my roster looks like now:

John Wall
    Eric Bledsoe
    Luol Deng
    Terrence Jones
    Anthony Davis
    JJ Redick
    Kawhi Leonard
    Gordon Hayward
    Chandler Parsons
    Larry Sanders
    Brook Lopez
    Kobe Bryant
    Nerlens Noel

I'm fuckin' stacked for next season of Fantasy.

In other news, BLAKE GRIFFIN DON'T BE HURT TOO LONG, WE NEED TO PLAYOFFS SOON.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

The Playoffs are set.

West
    (1) Spurs
    (2) Thunder
    (3) Clippers
    (4) Rockets
    (5) Blazers
    (6) Warriors
    (7) Mavericks
    (8) Grizzlies

East
    (1) Pacers
    (2) Heat
    (3) Raptors
    (4) Bulls
    (5) Nets
    (6) Wizards
    (7) Bobcats
    (8) Hawks

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Some of these series are just bonkers right now.

Atlanta has a great chance to knock off Indiana being up 3-2 and having the next game at home. Indiana would have to win game 6 and 7 and the team hasn't won back to back games in 2 months!

Spurs are in a dog fight with the Mavs and although it is tied 2-2 I can see this series going to 7 and the Spurs just getting by.

Portland looks like the power house they were for the first half of the season. Aldridge is a beast. Harden isn't a leader. Dwight is Dwight.

Miami is Miami...although I wouldn't put a ton of stock into their first round sweep of the Al Jefferson-less Bobcats.

OKC v Memphis? Who knows how this series will end...3 out of the 4 games have been decided in OT I think? Crazy...

Clippers morale has been shot to hell with the Sterling thing but now that a decision is made it may motivate them to play well against GSW.

Where has this Washington Wizards team been all year? John Wall is developing real nicely...Bulls need a healthy Rose and a go-to-scorer (hi2u Melo?)

Brooklyn Toronto is another back and forth series. Hope Brooklyn pulls it out because they are the only team in the East that has a legit chance at stopping Miami.

----

tl;dr NBA Playoffs are wild this year. Who is gonna get in the Heat's way and stop the 3peat?

My prediction: Portland Miami is looking like a great Finals. Portland in 6.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

these playoffs are dope af. in the east, Atlanta can't lose the series now. even if Indiana somehow got through, they're not getting past the Wizards. i hope Toronto win, simply because their #WeTheNorth promo is amazing. i am not so sure Brooklyn would be able to stop Miami in a 7 game series, LeBron wouldn't let them. meanwhile the west is the west. Mavericks/Spurs, Clippers/Warriors no fucking clue. Portland is beast mode, fuck the Rockets lmao. Grizzlies are putting in work v OKC, dope series, KD/WB are getting shut down good.

lmao wtf Portland in 6? u high bro? almost every team in the west would show up v Blazers dude. gotta get past those WCF.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Minus

This is the most entertaining playoffs in a long while.

Except the Heats' lame sweep. Boring basketball is boring.

hawk

wish it was MIA/ATL and IND/CHA and Al didnt get injured

AkirraKrylon

Hahah def not high xD the way San Antonio and OKC are back pedaling right now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Portland came outta the West.

As for Portland in 6 over Miami - that's just the hater/NYK fan in me talking lol ;)

Edit: OKC and Memphis going to OT again is just ridiculous. What a series.

hawk

lmao fair call, I guess. but each series will match-up differently and adjustments will be made game in and game out. Memphis' defense is dope and matches up well vs OKC, but if OKC were to pull this series out (game six, seven), they'd have a better chance, offensively at least, vs. LAC or GSW. they're getting out-played, out-coached (and fucked by Joey Crawford) more than they are back-pedaling.

really happy to see Washington made it.

edit: i'm sorry but this is hilarious.

[​IMG]

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Portland will make WCF and potentially finals.

Portland-Thunder or Portland-Clippers WCF. (I still want to believe in my Team :cry:)

Wizards-Heat ECF.

Heat-Portland finals. (unless Thunder make it out of this series)

Heat will win it tho

AkirraKrylon

@Hawk - that drose playoff jersey had me dying LOL :D

OKC lose in OT again! I'm kinda doubtful they make it outta this series now.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Everybody will lose...

Minus

Predictions:

Round 1 West
    Spurs over Dallas.
    Portland over Houston.
    Grizzlies over OKC (although I hate this as a Clippers fan)
    Clippers over GSW

Round 1 East
    Hawks over Pacers.
    Wizards already have it.
    Heat already have it.
    Nets over Raptors.

Round 2 West
    Spurs over Portland.
    Clippers over Grizzlies.

Round 2 East
    Wizards over Hawks.
    Nets over Heat (in 7 games)

Conference Finals
    Clippers over Spurs (I hope)
    Wizards over Nets

NBA Finals
    Clippers over Wizards

AkirraKrylon

If there is any horse in this race that I would prefer to see win, it's the Clippers. I just don't know if it can/if it will happen.

Minus

THEY CALL HIM DAMIAN LIZARD 'CAUSE HE'S COLD-BLOODED

hawk

so, basically, Atlanta fucked up.
    Grizzlies are fucked, lata ZBo
    Spurs/Mavs will be dope but i think we all have an idea who got this
    and Lillard the based god put the Rockets down cooold

pray for Atl
    pray for Mem
    Pray for Tor
    pray for gsw/Lac
    pray for Sas/Dal

AkirraKrylon

Dat Buzzer beater from DL doe...

What a first round. Best NBA playoffs I've ever seen honestly, crazy good ball being played.

OKC and LAC is gonna be an insane series as well as IND and WAS. Can't wait to watch these games.