Brad Delson talks about Linkin Park's upcoming, "guitar-heavy" new album

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Mar 18, 2014.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

/thread

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm just one Man's opinion. And NSYNC is great, so that's probably why they went off at you

kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

Does anyone else think that what they're saying is that there will be other collab songs on the album, but they'll be with Rakim? Just a thought.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Maybe the other guests will not be vocalists...

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Hope we don't get any more iterations of stuff like "You were that! Foundation! Never going to be another one NOOOO!" Lol.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

lol, after that we will get an Steve Aoki interview. I bought the lyrics and the sound from LP. Look out for my new album LP fans, I will have a guest appearance by Mr. Hahn, insane Guitar riff incoming.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Dat DNA doe...

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This is what I have a problem with. I don't really know why has this single gone totally unpromoted, besides the official announcement and the interviews where they're asked about it.

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Maybe... they actually planned another collab with Steve Aoki acting like an MC but it was so bad that Mike is now looking for the LPGoat to scream when his verse starts... :kappa:

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Seriously, GATS turned out to be LOST IN THE ECHO... If you know what I mean.. The song rarely received any sort of promotion or something that needs to be publicized to let the people know like "Hey! We have a new track from the upcoming album, Checkt it out!" Then BOOOOM! suddenly lost into the unknown.. Jeez.. I don't know if this is Warner's fault or the band itself but its like being ignored since LIVING THINGS era..

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

In France, there are (or were) 2 main rock radios. They haven't play GATS at all. Funny cause when BID came out, they played it every hour for months (but yeah BID is written for radios).
    It reminds me the article from Mike about the state of Rock music, rock radios don't play rock anymore, it's all about pop, electro-pop, indie-pop. I like this kind of music, lately i have enjoyed Arcade Fire, Lorde, Broken Bells... But I'm kind of bored "rock" radios only play pop, I want some big and dirty riffs to come back. And I would be happy if LP succeed to bring back ROCK on radio.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't listen to the radio, so I have no gripes about what is or isn't played, but I agree; the announcement of "Guilty All The Same" could have been a larger moment outside of the fan base.

I still don't understand why the band opted to reveal this song so early. They're not putting too much energy into promoting what is, for all intents and purposes, the lead single from a new album which is supposed to tell everyone that Linkin Park are back with new music

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah.. but if there's something tied in that song like Transformers OST, or any songs that being partnered with any huge name in the company.. The band heavily promoted that stuff... like we remembered BURN IT DOWN being tied in the NBA Play-offs, that song was heavily promoted by the band and the label.. then LOST IN THE ECHO came out, its like what happened to this Facebook photo crazy stuff interactive blah blah... and poofff!! it suddenly gone into nowhere.. then this CASTLE OF GLASS tied for Medal of Honor: Warfighter, it was heavily promoted again with addition scoring of the game from Mike...

The sad part is that its almost 2 weeks since GATS being released, No plans for Music Video? even BURN IT DOWN has its music video right away.. while they are mastering the song, they're shooting for the video...

KevinLP

KevinLP Untitled

Maybe Mike was saying that there are no more rap collobarations on the album. Since the site is called HiphopDX and it fits with his answer.

But I agree, there was almost no promotion for GATS. They could have done it way better. I couldn't even find a news article about the song from my country...

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This song is basically a promotional single that you can buy. It says: ''Hey, we'll have new music out this summer, here's a taste of it.'' It just fit with the announcement of the tour, I guess.

snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Here's my hypothesis: They said two songs were done way before the rest. They also said they wanted to release more music. GATS may be a good sample of the upcoming album, but is nowhere near a mainstream rock song for the radio. My guess is, even if this is the first single, it won't get as much of attention as the next single (or 3rd) (which I do believe is the Transformers soundtrack). The reason why that track wasn't single number one is simply because it wasn't/isn't done yet - or if they just wanted to give a brief overview of the album in whole - or to hype up the release of the new album even more just before the release date.

You can in some way compare this to Eminem's latest album, MMLP2. Berzerk, which was the first single, gave a brief overlook of the album, meanwhile his 3rd or 4th single (Rap God and Monster ft Rihanna) got all the attention. They are much more of the mainstream spirit, at least Monster. Monster was released about a week before the album dropped - which automatically raised the hype for the album. He dropped four tracks (singles) before the release of the album.

Maybe LP is going a similar way?

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Even with some more promotion, I doubt the song would do much better in the charts. This song doesn't fit the mainstream criterias at all.

LP members seems aware of it, they knew where they were heading to when they decided to release this as a first single. And yep, I wouldn't exclude the possibility of them releasing a second more radiofriendly single before the album drops.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Absolutely. GATS wasn't supposed to really promote the album to a mainstream audience. Everybody knew it wouldn't be played on mainstream radio and it wouldn't chart any high. A single gets promotion only if it's worth it.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Maybe this isn't technically a "lead" single. Maybe this is a prelude to a properly promoted lead single. :kappa:

20. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Could be. Also, there next guest appearance on the album is Brad Delson because he hardly played at all. :bradwink: