Brad Delson talks about Linkin Park's upcoming, "guitar-heavy" new album

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

They say GATS is representative of the spirit or "DNA" of the album, writing a "radio song" to sell it would be going completely against the [apparent] concept of this record.

"Aggressive, visceral, disruptive.... except for the radio singles! Gotta have those to make sure it's palatable for the masses!" would make the whole venture rather toothless and inane.

2. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

No one have an idea how the instrumental song will be like ? it seems that everyone forget the instrumental

3. Frazer Leal

Frazer Leal New Member

Yea, I guess the next single will be the main radio friendly song with TF4, get the causal fans ready for the album. GATS probably won't even have a music vid.

4. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

Impossible GATS is for sure the lead single

5. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

there has been no confirmation of an instrumental track as of yet

6. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

LP isn't one of WB's "juggernaut" acts anymore like they were when their first 3 albums were released. I don't think they're spending any more money on LP than they absolutely have to these days.

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Why are so many people suddenly concerned with whether the songs will be radio-friendly or if they will chart? Since when was that LP's concern? Everyone is usually bashing them moving dangerously close to making cookie-cutter songs, but suddenly they are writing material that is in a new direction away from the radio, it's a problem.

I love GATS and I could care less about the airtime it gets. I heard it Monday night on the way home from work and didn't hear anything from the DJ about it, but the next single(s) will get promotion because they will likely be released with an announcement.

The song for TF4 is going to be one that gets heavy promotion and radio play, so there's nothing to worry about.

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No-one has really said that they wish the new single was more "radio-friendly". What we were expressing concerns about, Astat has basically explained above

9. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

It's too bad many people won't even get the chance to hear this album that is going to "help bring rock back," since it's going to barely be promoted, at least up until this point.

10. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

but like, the album isn't even done. It's an entire season away.

There is time

11. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So that explains that the songs were tied in to some movies and franchise in order to get attention because WB don't care anymore? Jeez.. LP must go independent since they have Machine Shop Recordings, that doesn't count as a problem.. LP has a huge fan base that is enough to carry out the promotions. Hence, they can revive the Street Team again...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  12. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you. Hell, Linkin Park are still pretty big. Living Things beat out friggin Maroon 5 for the #1 album atop the Billboard 200 for crying out loud. I believe this speaks volumes for how big the LP fan base is when they can beat out M5, who have The Voice on their side, plus multiple huge pop hits prior to their album's release.

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

As far as I know Machine Shop stopped being a record label a long time ago. The business was redirected to something completely different, which is related to the PlugAir and stuff.

14. Knt.Slbs

But their latest releases still being released through Machine Shop together with Warner Bros. Records, Inc.

15. minuteforce

Even if Machine Shop Recordings is dormant as an active label now, it still exists underneath its parent company, Warner Bros. Records.

16. lpandpie

lpandpie Well-Known Member

I think if Linkin Park really wanted to sell records and top the charts like Imagine Dragons or whoever the next big band group hits the scene, they easily could. Like Mike's Pigeons and Planes article talked about: He distinguished the two perspectives between what is integrity and credibility when it comes to record sales. And it's become obvious to all of us since Meteora, that the band "sonically" has exponentially drifted themselves away from the mainstream, even though their following on social media and around the world state otherwise. To be honest, I miss the days when Linkin Park was at the forefront. It felt nice to share my infatuation with the band to other people in the outside who had yet to discover the band. I'm sure a lot of us have had moments where we've shown our friends, relatives -- or a ranch party, like I did -- their early discography. The reaction of someone enjoying LP for the first time really makes being a fan a much more exciting experience. And I think a part of us still wants to see LP deserve that kind of recognition in the form of Award Shows, Billboard Hot 100, iTunes top song and album charts, and Grammy's. For me, I've instilled some hope that this album has that potential to bring back a new life to rock music again. We've seen Linkin Park time and time again reinvent themselves, but I think for once, maybe they might find the balance between creativity and integrity when it comes to record sales. I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to see LP reach that height again with the success that isn't from Hybrid Theory or Meteora. It's a long shot in the music consumption society that we live in today, I know. But it's always fun to dream.

17. Knt.Slbs

No matter what the band would do about their creativity and integrity if the fan base is in chaos and don't even understand each other, its useless.. Some of the folks wanted LP to return to its Glory days while the others wanted the band to drastically drift away from what they've become and continue to experiment.. this whole notion and principle often leads to imbalance and misunderstanding of the fan base (we'll you can't please everybody, right?) In addition to these problems is the label. The band wanted to make a record that inspires them but the label doesn't care anymore. Its like they always wanted the band to make the same Hybrid Theory over and over again...

18. minuteforce

I don't get what you mean here by a "balance between creativity and integrity when it comes to record sales"

19. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Uhm

WHAT

Living Things went #1 and is certified Gold, which is incredible in this day and age. Warner Bros. would be idiots to not market LP.

20. minuteforce

And, to everyone's surprise, they are. ;)