Music proFANacje - a music podcast devoted to LP remix scene :)

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Nook, Nov 25, 2013.

Nook

Nook the noise manipulator.

Linkin Park PROFANATIONS - a music podcast devoted to LP remix scene :)

Hi, guys. I want to share with you something I've been doing for some time now. Initially we thought of it as just a compilation of fan remixes by Polish fans of LP, but the idea quickly evolved into a podcast that features everything from the LP-remix scene. Remixes, mash-ups, cover versions and everything in between. Again, at first I wanted to focus on the Polish scene only, but it turned out there's too few of us and that's why the latest episode features my fellow compatriots as well some well known guys from outside Poland. The latest episode featured the works of Lizzi Cloverman and Intensity.

I launched the podcast at the end of August of 2013 and I've released two hour-long episodes so far. It has the shape of a pre-recorded radio show with jingles, themes and my commentary between the songs. The name of a show is Polish for "profanities". The spelling indicates that the show is all about the fans (pro-fans) and their contributions to the scene. Everytime the show premieres, I do a special streaming of an episode combined with a chat, so people can comment on the songs on the spot. On the next day, the shows is available for both online listening and download. Right now I'm gathering stuff for episode #3, that will roughly premiere in the beginning of 2014. The podcast unfortunately focuses on the Polish audience, hence the commentary is in my native language. But if you want to gain some new audience, you can send the track to me with a short biography. The e-mail is:

profanacje [at] gmail [dot] com

The podcast looks like this:
    Episode #001 TRAILER
    Episode #001 FULL

Episode #002 TRAILER
    Episode #002 FULL

Like the podcast on Facebook!

What do you guys think about the idea? :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Fucking awesome!
    Nice idea!
    Bookmarked!

lynxcarl

lynxcarl Member

Really amazing no matter i have watched it many times, thanks for sharing

Nook

Just dropping some news. The episode #03 premieres on March 22nd, 8 PM of Polish time. In the episode, as always, you're gonna find a nice portion of the best fanmade remixes / covers / mashups around. Plus this time you'll also find an interview with my fellow compatriot - ZwieR.Z. as well as his selection of his best works.

Here's the trailer:
    Episode #003 TRAILER

EDIT:
    Here's the new episode for you to listen. As always it's a selection of best fan-made LP-related works. The important thing is that the next episode will undergo some changes. The most significant of them being the change of the spoken language of the show, namely from Polish to English. I guess thanks to that the show will get more recognition from the LP fanbase outside Poland. One thing that remains unchanged is that I'll always deliver what's best in the LP remix scene. If you want to be featured in the episode #04, please send what you consider your best work (plus a short bio) to:

profanacje [at] gmail [dot] com

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Nook

Alright. Sorry for double-posting, but I need to post this. The trailer for episode #4 is online for your listening pleasure. You may find some familiar sounds here and there. For the first ever it's done in English only. New logo, new name, but the core of the show remains the same. The best things from the LP-remix fan scene.

Episode #004 TRAILER

Enjoy!

_Ev_

_Ev_ Member

Latest episode is now available for streaming and download.

Tracklist:
    01. Linkin Park – With You / Wretches and Kings / When They Come For Me (mixed by m_macdonald)
    02. Linkin Park vs Celldweller & Tom Salta – Ghosts in the Echo (mixed by zwieR.Z.)
    03. Linkin Park vs Limp Bizkit – Forgotten Stuff v.2.0 (mixed by Nook)
    04. Linkin Park vs Crazy Town – Burn It Down / Butterfly (mixed by Jankiel)
    05. Dead by April vs Linkin Park – Losing You / Lost In The Echo (mixed by Gab.Z)
    06. Styles of Beyond vs Fort Minor – Nine Thou / Petrified (mixed by Gab.Z)
    07. Linkin Park – What I’ve Done (Back to Trancentral Remix by Glen Orpheus)
    08. Linkin Park – Forgotten (Xefuzion Remix)
    09. Linkin Park – High Voltage (Cypher Remix)
    10. Linkin Park – Guilty All The Same (remixed by blackout.)
    11. Linkin Park – A Light That Never Comes (Mikeset Remix)
    12. Linkin Park – Until It Breaks (Demolished by Dreamulacrum)
    13. Devansh – Castle of Glass (Linkin Park Cover)
    14. Virgin Soldiers – Numb (Linkin Park Cover)
    15. Riverline – Points of Authority (Linkin Park Cover)

You can stream it from here:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/profanacje/linkin-park-profanations-episode-004/

And download from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzbcyzhjfcrywu1/profanations_004.rar

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I love the random Hulk Hogan bits throughout :')

Nook

I'm a long-time wrestling fan so I couldn't resist adding those :p I'll be adding more references to pop-culture in future episodes. But how did you guys like the episode? I'm dying to hear your feedback. It's been almost like a new beginning for me since I changed the language in which the show is hosted. I need your opinions so I can make the show even better. Thanks :)

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I found it really good, I'm quite lazy so it saves me having to find good remixes/covers :p

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

"Oh snap, there was a playback error!

Press play to try again."

man , why did my Soundcloud didnt work anymore. I can listen to the first few seconds and then it jumps to the end. The session on mixcloud didnt start for me :(

_Ev_

_Ev_ Member

maybe your browser doesn't support mixcloud player? I listen on Opera and it works for me... Anyway, you can download podcast from here. :)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Weird , now it works. And its amazing :) You do a great job , well and also all the artist with their remixes and covers !

Nook

And the Golden Shovel Award goes to... yours truly.

I've decided to revive the podcast after a year+ hiatus. A brand new episode premieres on Saturday, March 25th, at 8 PM, CET. This time around I'm focusing on the best renditions of "Heavy". Plus the episode will feature a guest. His name is Łukasz Kaźmierczak and he's the lead singer of Phedora. A young, up-and-coming band from my native Poland. If you guys like old LP sound, bands like Red of Breaking Benjamin, you should definitely give them a go. We'll talk a bit and listen to their original tunes and their own cover of "Heavy". I think there will be something for everyone.

Here's the trailer:
    https://soundcloud.com/nookprofanacje/linkin-park-profanations-06-trailer

And a Facebook event with all the additional info.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/203929276757223/

Cheers!