Darkest Times of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Josh, Apr 2, 2014.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

What do you think some of the darkest, moments in linkin park were (pissed at each other, others not involving, etc.)

I think the darkest time was when ATS was due and they were all stressing out and mike was getting really pissed. As seen in the making of A Thousand Suns video, it shows the band trying to negotiate with each other about the album.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SESoDhfkdfI

Starts at 22:30 to the end, and Lmao at mike rage at 23:00, "I'm not on some what I've done shit" :CUMULUS:

What's your thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I'd say the pre-record deal times. I'm sure there must have been some drama over Mark quitting and Dave leaving for a while to tour with the Snax. It was a time when the were all pretty much broke too and they were together for a while before getting signed so that must have been stressful. I also remember a video somewhere of Chester freaking out at one of the guys over a parking ticket.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

http://youtu.be/VGOkFdqSAk0 at the end they talk about the tickets. Chester seems like he's joking because he's on camera but you can tell he's mad when he says he's basically broke.

One I can think of is in The Making of Meteora when Chester is questioned by Mike or one of them and he says how he couldn't write anything good enough for the work on the album. Pretty sad.

Also, things have been dark because they have been "Waiting for a Light That Never Comes" /pun

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"A Thousand Suns" was no more difficult for the band than any of their other albums in terms of deadline-related stress.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Haha I haven't seen that video in a looooooooooong time. It's funny to watch the biggest mainstream rock band in the world practicing in an apartment room. lol

And yeah, I think Chester was mad at Brad...and I remember that part from the Making of Meteora. It's hard to tell though, because it looks like it was recorded on a really old phone camera and can't be seen too well.

minuteforce

I actually saw that on YouTube earlier today and I think that he was just being sarcastic.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Meteora. Because they put out Meteora.

REF

REF Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

:lol:

Seriously though there was that time when Chester was living in his closet with heroin.

minuteforce

Yeah - the period leading up to "Midnight" where the band were locked in a legal battle with their label

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I believe it was also in the same time period that Chester got stalked by that crazy bitch.

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

From what we know: 2005.
    The band was exhausted after the looong Meteora / Projekt Revolution Tour, they took a big break.
    Chester was in a dark time of his life : divorce, "legal battle" with WB, drugs...
    Mike pushed his creativity with Fort Minor (not a bad thing for him, but he felt that he needed another band to shine).

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

All of this leads me to believe that their upcoming album could very well be their finest effort ever. Presumably, the band is now completely comfortable in their own skin. Musically, they'll only continue to soar as they have established that they're a versatile band capable of selling records regardless of whether or not their albums fit under the label's conventional norms.

There's just a certain vibe of "Fuck it, let's do it" attitude without the underlying motive of breaking barriers and being different coming from the band; they seem confident and ready for the summer release. Or, I'm just talking out of my ass.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

October 12, 2003. They were recording at NRG during a :turrible: thunderstorm. Legend says the power was out for five hours that day. It was during this five hours of no electricity that Linkin Park wrote te entire Meteora record.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Hahahaha

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

7 months after Meteora they wrote Meteora? Wowowowow

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

:rastamike: it's early man, I rolled over and wrote this on mah phone, give a man a cookie.......

Filip

You don't get a cookie. When I wake you up at 3 am and scream ''When was Meteora released?'' you scream ''SIR, MARCH 25 2003, SIR!''

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

True story: I had January 2003 written in the comment first, then I realized thunderstorms don't usually happen in January so I switched it to October. Forgot to change the year D'OH!!!!!!!!

Filip

[THUMB]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Choco_chip_cookie_half.png[/THUMB]

I'll give you half of a cookie.

Can't believe there's a png of a half of a cookie. Gotta love the internet.