Early Preview of Linkin Park's The Hunting Party via Loudwire

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Proper? More like common sense...

2. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

I hope the band releases another song before putting out the album.

3. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I realize this was posted a few pages ago, but I haven't had time to respond to any LP news lately. From what I gather though, nobody should be too concerned about the lack of screaming on GATS as Mike explained in one of the countless recent interviews about The Hunting Party how it was so difficult to market a song from such a heavy album as today's radio does not enjoy screaming. That instantly made me come to the conclusion that GATS has no screaming purposely so that it would be seen appropriate for a first single. Also, considering all of the talk about singles being potentially re-mixed for a new album version, it wouldn't surprise me at all if GATS actually featured some brutal screams for the album version. Just my 2cents.

4. Arjun

If their songs are considered non - radio friendly without screaming then why not put screaming in those songs? Unless Chester himself didn't feel like doing it. Screaming or no screaming, we all know that the record will be really heavy.

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree on it being the single. I hope we get it early May! As for it being on TF4. Maybe, but I doubt it. I have a feeling they might do a new song for TF4. But I also see where you are coming from!

I hope you are right! :tswing:

They said they are. We should expect a second song/single before it comes out

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. Arjun

Hahahaha, really? Who are you? The fucking oracle?

7. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

8. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But many bands choose not change their style and experiment at all after they've become a hit (to earn more money in most cases). It's alright for them to make a pop debut album to get known and popular, but then that band should experiment.

9. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

From the interview above...

Exaggerating much, or...? :lol:

10. merrillmind

Time will tell, time will tell

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:huh: Some of the acts that Shinoda mentions have only recently put out debut albums ...

And, while I expect my favourite artists to keep experimenting as they progress in their careers, not every shift needs to be as crazy and dramatic as LP's. And that is on top of all of these acts having their own unique styles which might not lend to making heavy rock albums. Furthermore, I wouldn't accuse CHVRCHES, for example, of forcefully creating a "pop debut album" with catchiness at the forefront of their minds.

EDIT: I'm just responding to Fading03Echo's post here and adding to that particular debate.

12. merrillmind

Mike hasn't insulted these bands just stated that they don't make the kind if music that should be on a rock station, he's made it very clear he's an Arcade Fire, HAIM, Chvrches, Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend fan.

13. Serox

Serox Active Member

I have never been a fan of screaming or metal music. So I don't care if there's screams or not.

What I'm concerned, is about the lack of soft/slow songs. Hope there's like 4-5 at least.

My typical favorite LP songs are like, Leave Out All The Rest, Iridescent, Burning In The Skies, Castle of Glass, Shadow of the Day, etc. hopefully, there will be songs like these in THP!

I'm more excited about the song for Transformers 4! (If there will be one...) Because they're usually my favorites.

14. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Really :/^

15. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

How does one listen to Linkin Park and not like screaming? and I honestly doubt there will be songs like that on The Hunting Party. If you look at Mike's playlist on Spotify ''Yelling over guitars'' Alot of metal, punk, and hardcore has influenced them with this album. I'm sure there will be some mid tempo songs, yes... but nothing like the songs you've picked out.

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Shinoda's rapping is not getting me excited.

Still, I guess I'll have to reserve judgement until I hear it.

17. Serox

Serox Active Member

I hope you're wrong!

I listen to LP 24/7/365 (I'm not kidding) & love all their songs. I just don't like screams much (but Chester's are an exception).
    I don't even worry about their next albums anymore, because I trust in LP & I know they'll be awesome as always!

18. DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

I prefer this review, its more broader than Rollingstone's review.

And the song that really appeals to me is "Keys To The Kingdom"can't wait for that, but all of them so far look amazing!
    Besides, I like every single one of LP's tracks, off every album, even the underground songs and instrumentals.
    Yes OK I favour some songs more than others but I love them all.

This is off topic but my favorite album is A Thousand Suns.. That album in my opinion brought out fantastic lyrics, all infront of a really dark sound, and its a story. Which I love, and I listen to a lot of metal, heavy rock.

This album might just beat ATS.. :D

19. Serox

Serox Active Member

C'mon! Why does everyone bullies ATS?

It was a very awesome & unique album!

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

HAAAAAA :lol: