'In the Studio with Linkin Park', Brad Delson interview with PREMIERGuitar

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Apr 18, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Living Things" was the band's fifth album, not their fourth .. and why is this tracklist thing bleeding into so many threads?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Shouldn't focus on what "sites outside of LPA" think. You do your own thing and that's what makes you LPA.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My bad, I mistakenly credited that thread as from ATS era. I'll fix it now.

Wayne7x

Wayne7x New Member

I can't stress how much I hate to have to do this. You may (or rather may not) recognize my username as one from LPL that made one of the posts to which your'e referring.

Firstly, at no point in time, on my part, was there any criticism or intention to criticize your policy on rumours. I actually made it clear via a second post that that was not the case. So as much as you may mistake it as such, your administrative decision or "journalistic integrity" was not being called into question. I'm certainly of the view that creating hype, for the sake of hype is absurd. In addition, your actual decision to abstain from discussing your source wasn't the problem.

The issue was how you went about voicing these decisions, with the provoking supporting comments. Untactfully, from someone of your station on this site. Unprofessionally, in that respect almost. I'm sure I don't have to explain how some of your posts, while knowing LPL had already reported the rumour could be at least a bit inflammatory.

So I'd appreciate if it's not made to seem as if I was ever referring to your decision or your policy. I'm very much against inter-fansite fighting as much as, or even more than the next guy.

I don't see you as a bad guy, but it's my view that some bad moves were made.

I like making friends, not enemies.That's my last take on this.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's so out of the blue it's turquoise :awesome:

Derek

I appreciate you coming here to clear the air and thank you for making your reply. This being said, none of my comments you've referred to (past and current) were intended as slights towards LPL. If any of my comments appeared inflammatory, it's because conclusions were drawn from those comments, that were not supposed to be drawn. You're perfectly free to express that my methods of handling my decisions on here were handled in an untactful manner or that I had made some poor choices, but you would be basing these opinions off of a misconstrued understanding of the original meaning of my comments. I respectfully disagree with you, and feel that neither I nor my staff did anything wrong today. At all. We followed the same policy we've followed for years, which is to not post unconfirmed news.

I've gone on the record publicly several times on this forum (and on LPLive in the past) to state that I have no issues current or former, with LPLive or their moderating staff. Granted there may have been some issues back in the very beginning when certain members of our site left in dramatic fashion to go over there, but I (and we) seriously have no issue with them. I even went as far as to not mention LPL by name in the post of mine you quoted for the purpose of not making my reply about LPLive, but instead about the comments I've read.

People take us as slighting LPLive because of some manufactured belief that the two sites are currently at odds with eachother. Ask Jen or Mark over there, and I'm sure they'll agree with me when I say the reported "feud" between us is bullshit. Sorry for using such an ungraceful term, but there's no other way to word it. My words were misconstrued because of a bullshit feud. There is no feud, and I certainly wasn't referencing LPLive which is why I made the post you responded to. Any claims to the contrary are false and looking for trouble where there is none.

Still, I do appreciate that you came over here to clear the air and I too wish to make friends over enemies. Welcome to the site :).

Wayne7x

Wayne7x New Member

Thanks for the welcome, as unfortunate as it may be on the note that it is. I certainly understand your position more than I did initially. I still respectfully disagree in that, in my opinion, whereas an average Joe member could get away with making that post, an admin has a little more responsibility in being clear in certain comments, especially in a circumstance such as the one today. I do agree though, that at the end of the day, you're not ultimately responsible for everyone who misconstrues the meaning of your posts where you've been reasonably clear.

My biggest regret is that this played off as it did at all though. For some reason I think you may feel the same. I assure you there are no hard feelings, at least between me and you or LPA, at least on my part.

And while I'm here, I may as well enjoy the festivities of this album cycle with everyone here too. Thanks again.

EDIT:

I know my post still comes off somewhat standoffish, but that isn't the case at all. I've never been the best at this sort of thing. :) Sorry!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Derek

It's understandable. When people ally themselves with a certain fansite, any comments that could be misconstrued as inflammatory towards that site are met with a defensive response. LPAers defend us just like LPLers defend LPL. All I wish to get out there is that there is no need for anyone to have to defend their site of choice on here. We welcome everyone and don't encourage site bashing. Our intentions are for friendship!

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Sometimes I think this band has some of the rudest fans out there.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

This album is losing steam for me. Every piece of text released and everyone boards the hype train, me however am getting bored with the repetitive nature of interviews and lack of news overall. Living Things was an average album at best but the hype was unbelievable.

I remember we got the album artwork, track list, and Burn It Down all in one day with a little over two months of a wait. A track list is trivial and will only lead to people "predicting" what the songs will sound like but at least we know how many tracks the album will have, and get to see the titles.

Maybe I'm just not visceral enough for this pre release hype.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Some bands are worse than others. Being a Tool fan, the Tool Army can be crazy. As can the Echelon.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes. At the end of the day, at least we're not Echelon. :)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Minutes to Midnight will sit by and document an event like no other as 'The Hunting Party' stomps all over 'Meteora' and 'Living Things'; high-fives 'Hybrid Theory' while 'Reanimation' and 'A Thousand Suns' share a blunt.

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

did it leak yet :kappa:

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

:leak:

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

After trying to learn Guilty All The Same on guitar I must admit it is actually not as easy as it may sound. There is a lot of shifts in Rhythm and chord patterns.

And so far no one has been able to recreate the solo(on youtube anyway) Which tells me it is a bit tricky to get down. While it only last like 10 seconds or something, the speed in which he plays those notes are with out a doubt the fastest he has ever played on any other LP song.

I just take this as a - "Stop making fun of my guitar playing, I wasn't trying to make it sound technical before but this time i stepped it up."
    I can't personally wait to hear the rest on the record and see how it evolves(hopefully also on the future records, where the music might be a little more electronic)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Derek

My attitude is that this is their put up or shut up album. There's a lot of claims that everyone has stepped up their game on this album (Brad impressing the 15 year old Brad, Mike revisiting his lyrics after working with Rakim, Rob going through physical training to prepare for the album etc), so if there's any chance for them to show off their true skills it's going to be on this album. And so far the press has been blown away, so we'll see.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

When will the next song be out

Derek

In the end it doesn't even matter.

20. SYD

SYD Active Member

I totally agree bro. People shouldn't judge his guitar work before actually listening to the upcoming album.