Random Mike Shinoda and LP Shoutout in Wale feature?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Roughneck, Apr 24, 2014.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Shh, you never said that... Too soon and we all still hate him.

But anyway about the lyrics, i guess the rapper is stating how important the "Mike Shinodas" are for rapping and other work

Zachary

Zachary Banned

I was at the show last year in LA (SSMF) and I saw Chester and Wale taking a pic together, no idea what ever came of it, it probably wasn't for anything. I was to the side of the stage and you could see the area where Pooch, Jim Digby and some members of LP and other bands would hang out before the sets, etc.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's supposed to be spelled that way. Wale is referring to an actual park in that line.

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

http://rapgenius.com/Wale-4-am-lyrics#note-166045

"Reference to Mike Shinoda who is a part of Linkin Park, an American Rock band."

"I had that rock in Lincoln Park, a reference to coke and a hood in D.C. as well as the rock group and the following member Mike Shinoda."

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

A shout out is a shout out. I didn't know you had to be a complete stranger to shout someone out.

minuteforce

Besides, I'm pretty sure that that song was written before Shinoda and Fiasco collaborated.

RoughestOfNecks

RoughestOfNecks Banned

I understand it’s suspicious, I was just being honest, shame on me.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
    I’ve never been banned with any given reason, and I have not been interested enough in Linkin Park’s music enough these past couple years to post here, there are more friendly places to discuss LP. I was legitimately just trying to share something with fans, I know not everybody is a power hungry mod.
    I do apologize for this as well. I was just being upfront with a community I was once a part of and was trying to share something with. I don’t want this to be about me I haven’t been here in years.
    I am not Pikachu or The Handyman, obviously yes, I am RoughNeck. Interesting how the mods keep banning accounts when I could go to a web proxy, register under GiraffeGuy69 and no one would be none the wiser? But I get banned for no reason, assuming being honest and mentioning I’d been banned in the past isn’t a reason.
    Thank you for contributing to the discussion. I did not know they had any affiliation at all!
    This is true, I just found it quite interesting. Listening to the song I just didn’t expect an LP mention, or any of my other favorite bands. I could maybe see it pre-MMG signing but post MMG Wale?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

In case you needed a reminder of why you, ThaHandyman was banned, it was for making a racist post about how Asians have small penises, making a racist post about how you don't want any Mexicans in the US because they're all illegal, then you called another member gay as an insult. And if you're going to deny that you're ThaHandyman, here's proof that you indeed are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ThaHandyman has a same IP as Roughneck, and Roughneck has the same IP as RoughestOfNecks, and as we learned from the transitive property in 6th grade math, if a=b, and b=c, then a=c, so therefore, you are ThaHandyman and can go fuck right off.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

*Applause*

Zachary

Zachary Banned

The video with the song was removed, what was the name of this track?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think it was Roughneck.

Zachary

Zachary Banned

Apparently this track is now non-existent everywhere.

minuteforce

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You need to up your Google-Fu dude.

I looked at the original post, saw the Youtube link that was originally posted. Googled that link and found that the song is called Dinner by Slutty Boyz featuring Rich Homie Quan and Wale.

Zachary

Zachary Banned

Thank you..

minuteforce

Quick notes:

• "Dinner" appears on Slutty Boyz' mixtape "Da New Kool", which was released earlier this month
    • "4AM" appears on Black Cobain's 2011 mixtape "Young Gifted & Black"; as with "Dinner", Wale is a guest on the track and delivers a shoutout to Linkin Park and Shinoda in particular
    • "And He Gets The Girl" appeared on early editions of Lupe Fiasco's 2006 mixtape "Fahrenheit 1/15 Part II: Revenge Of The Nerds", before the mixtape was later re-released with a revised tracklist