Linkin Park: "The Hunting Party" Track-By-Track Preview of the Six Song Sampler

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's the way it should be. Most bands just through solo's in just because and it sounds out of place.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Not really. Most solos are organic in nature in regards to the song. You need to be exposed to more solos. :lol:

3. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I was about to post something like this.

4. DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

First things first, Thanks for sharing this with us Derek! :)

Secondly, I haven't been on here for a while now, I've seen the odd bits and that's about it. I've just had to read through every news post! And said to myself "shit is getting real" so much news! I think my brain has gone into some sort of overload :p

Anyway, these preview tracks sound awesome! I love the lyrics too.

Im really really dying for UIG!!! When LP when??
    I'm pretty sure they're just reading this right now, sat in their armchairs laughing at us all! .. Its exciting though! I've never had hype like this before, I don't want the hype to end either. I like the feeling of waking up every morning before I go to work, flick through the news, granted I haven't been on much lately, but its just great! And its great with all you guys, I love it!

Also, when do you think UIG will be released? I know people have said tonight, tomorrow, and some said Friday. Im just wondering if anyone else has heard different?

Oh, glad to be back!

Had a torrid time lately.

5. Dan-e-o

Dan-e-o Member

Great review!!! Love to hear that M. Shinoda is stepping up his rhymes. I was getting worried that he was losing it by listening to ALTNC. Love the description of the guitars, drums and Chester's voice. Theres two things I wonder about the record, is there noticable bass parts from Dave? Also, is there any DJ scratches from Joe? Im a sucker when it comes to scraching.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  6. DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

It is! Yeah I gotta agree with you, I was getting a bit scared, but however, he did some amazing rhymes in Recharged. So he's still got it, plus Rakim has been in the studio, so I think that will just give him a bit more confidence not only in writing great rap verses but a good flow :D it all sounds incredible! I would love some scratching from Joe in the album somewhere. In GATS you could hear some electric elements in the layers, especially the bit in the first chorus, I've listened to it really carefully haha

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If anything, ignoring lyrics for a second...Mike's good on this album simply because he switches up the way he delivers his lines. It's not the same delivery style on each track. You'll see.

8. DchazzyP

DchazzyP Active Member

Ahh okay I get it, what I'm thinking is: its like a different version of mike on each track, so one track he could have this fast rap style, and the next it could be a bit slower.. I don't know! Theirs loads of thoughts going through my head at the moment. Honestly, I'm gonna explode. And yes, I'll wait and see.

Thanks for sharing that bit then though :)

9. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

All this happened while I was on vacation. I'm super excited now! :awesome:

10. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Haha.. :D Where have you been? :D

11. Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

Derek, could you please say if mike is the only vocalist on '' wastelands ''?

If so, dose the chorus is him singing soft iridescent like or hard like NRL?

12. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I was gonna ask this as soon as I read the descriptions but I saw that you said you weren't gonna answer any more questions about it, Derek.

That being said, which contemporary rapper would you say Mike sounds most similar to on the album?
    (I don't know how deep you're into Hip Hop but if you're not, feel free to ignore this) :lol:

13. Derek

I heard a Kanye like swagger on some tracks. And Mike is not the only vocalist on Wastelands.

14. Emiltayeb

Thanks for the answers. Cant wait for UIG.

15. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I wonder if he'll do a reggae like rap similar to Waiting for the End

16. Emiltayeb

Man I hope. wFte is my fav song because the good vibe he gives , relaxing.

From what we've got I think the rap wouldn't be the same as wfte.

17. Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

First of all, thanks a lot to Derek by this great preview of the sampler. The hype is growing even more :D

Secondly, I have a question, but is more about yours opinion, Derek: Probably Until It's Gone is the next single by LP. From what do you heard, the song, all the elements of it... Do you think that UIG could be another hit by LP, I mean, that is a song more close to the radio than the others from "The Hunting Party" and has capacity of being in a radio from a "long time", as we could see with Burn It Down, New Divide or, even more, as Numb or In the End? What's your opinion about it?

Thanks for the attention.

18. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Derek is not available right now, please leave a message after the beep. Beep!

19. Derek

I will answer the question everyone wants to know: Yes. Brad did step it up this album. This is a noticeably different Brad than on past albums to the point on one song it feels like they have a new guitarist (no, not Rebellion. I'm not that stupid :lol:).

Different guitar tone, and more complex riffs. He also does a lot of background stuff on guitar too it sounds like. No powerchords either.

20. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

No power chords makes me so happy.