[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

[​IMG]

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

it was?

3. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

credibility lost: Don't say this is the worst lyrical album from LP ever when you have only heard 2 full songs....please

4. misery

misery Well-Known Member

I don't know what everybody was expecting, didn't all of the previews say this was the softest and most radio friendly? This is still "heavier" than most stuff on Living Things and everything on A Thousand Suns and Minutes to Midnight, save for No More Sorrow and maybe Wretches & Kings and Blackout (those are debateable). Yea, the lyrics are pretty bad, but after hearing Living Things I can't say I'm surprised.

When you have two or three distinct sounds (depending if you clump ATS in with Minutes to Midnight or not.. I don't), you're never going to please everybody, since most people are going to lean more towards one style than another. This thread is definitely proof of that.

As for me, I liked it. But A Thousand Suns is my favourite album, so I'm not as hyped for all of the heavy stuff as a lot of you are.

5. vyonizr

vyonizr Active Member

Guys, I got the m4a version somewhere. I analyzed it and it's not a transcoded audio. It's like an extended version of UIG [3:53] and has a weird interlude ended by laughing baby sound. :WTF:

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Well I definitely think I'm in the minority when I say that GATS and the pre-album interviews were leading me to expect an album full of 12 VICTIMIZED variations... This song has thankfully lifted that expectation. Looking forward to cranking it up in the car but would also prefer an iTunes release to do that with :)

7. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I.... Really like the song. I think I'll enjoy it more when it's played with the rest of the album. Bring on The Hunting Party! :awesome:

8. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how the song will do with the mainstream audience. It's been a few years since people listened to music this loud throughout any given day on the radio and my guess is that a lot of people will say or think something in the likes of: 'Damn what's with the screaming!'. When Bleed It Out was pitched on a Dutch (very popular) pop/rock/alt station people were like 'It's so negative and noisy'. Never heard it again after the pitch :)

Personally I really love the beginning. First listen made me say WOW aloud during the first build-up but after that the song drowned a bit in layers and not often heard harmonics in the singing. Where I was expecting a nice clean build-up it left me a bit confused.

I think that I will like the song more and more after listening to it a few more times just like many of you. The only thing that I'm going to miss a bit is the lack of build-up to higher notes in some places and the missed chance (imo) of the Muse-like synth at the end. I love that kind of sound and I would like to hear it come out on top there and in a LP-song in general for once. Ah well... :p Oh and the lyrics are great for me as I can relate to them very well (as simple they may be). Sometimes simplicity is a very beautiful thing, especially in a topic as love and relationships.

I'm challenged once again by the soundscape they've layed out for me to explore and I applaud LP for doing that in their 'radio-single' effort.

9. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

After listening to it a couple of times, it's pretty good. It's not there best work, but it's better than most of LT

10. RazorEye

Is it me, or has Living Things become the new Meteora for you guys? :lol:

11. FLV18

FLV18 Member

The Hunting Party and Until It's Gone are up on the UK iTunes Store as of midnight - it's now also showing some new track lengths for Wastelands, Rebellion and Final Masquerade :)

Attached Files:

12. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Once again, it has absolutely nothing to do with "soft" or "heavy".

13. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

The lyrics man. the lyrics.

14. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

I've had enough of the 3 minute songs, give me more 4 min or 5 min songs! Or hey, if they feel creative.....7 minutes! I want a long LP album, a 30 min one like HT Meteora or LT is unacceptable!

15. RazorEye

iTunes Countdown? :crikey:

16. a7xfreakdrummer

a7xfreakdrummer New Member

I think what most people (including myself) are disappointed about is the fact that Mike has been toting this album as a "raw, heavy, guitar-driven" album influenced by the likes of Refused, At The Drive-In, Helmet, etc. and GATS sort of reflects that...this song has absolutely ZERO to do with that and even if this is just the "radio single for WBR" it sucks that it's the lead single of an album devoted to entirely the opposite of what this song sounds like. IMO, it's too poppy, super generic, repetitive, and totally a product of the very sound Mike has been railing against the past few months. This is like the "Never, Never" of THP...

Also, the band decided to take this stand against poppy indie electro-rock like the likes of say Imagine Dragons, yet they're not running 100% with it and THAT is what is frustrating. If they had toted this album as LT part II I think there would be a lot less backlash...the guys are capable of more for sure. Derek, how different did the other songs sound compared to this?

That being said, I still have faith this is the only one "stinker" song of the album. With guests from Helmet and SOAD, I don't think we're gonna get an album full of this sound at all.

17. FLV18

FLV18 Member

It's already past midnight here in the UK so it's available to us now - it's also there on spotify, been there for the last half hour :)

18. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Well, maybe... But Meteora had the best mixing and mastering than LIVING THINGS.. LT is horrible in terms of mixing.. LIVING THINGS needs a remaster & it will be good and beat Meteora out of the way..

19. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

After 2 listenings, i can say, that it's pretty weak and generic. It sounds like a "Minutes To Midnight" B-Side Track with synth elements, to me. I really can't see anything special here. Even when this was written for the radio, it isn't an argument making this boring song (imo). Radio Songs haven't to be "save" or "harmless". There can be excitement radio songs, too, which are pretty original. It's all about, what artists do with their potential. Songs like "Papercut", "Crawling" are exciting songs in my opinion and they were played also on the radio or "The Catalyst" (!) - not really a radio-friendly song to me and it was even the 1. Single. Besides of that, this doesn't really fit to their intention acting "visceral", because it's such a stereotype LP Song, they have made such songs thousand times already.

But i'm still pretty optimistic, that there will be better & more original songs.

Agree here totally.

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I actually really like this song now :)