[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What ever lead you to expect them to be great musicians? why are you listening to LP if you expect that?

To me their music is fun and that is why I like it

2. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Bro that's bad. I don't care what you say. Those lyrics and that song is complete and utter trash. At least BID has a nice hook and something you can work out to. With In Between you'll be brain dead as soon as it ends.

3. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

lol this thread.....

After listening to it maybe 7-8 times at work, and then in the car on the way home I feel like I can finally make a decent judgment. We all know how much those change in 2-3 weeks or even months but hey...

- Definitely sounds better through speakers/car stereo.
    - God dat mix....please re-mix this shit LP. The quality of the song would rise exponentially if this was mixed properly. perfect example? The intro progression sounds the best when it doesn't have the synth blaring over that AWESOME guitar riff. If this riff was highlighted in the chorus and the synth just an undertone, the song goes from 7/10 to 9/10 instantly for me.
    - Love the verses and the OHH's.
    - Love the "epic" sound of the track overall
    - Solid single. Definitely a move in the right direction.

Even though people are crying "pop/mainstream/generic" this song is far more edgy than the LP of recent memory and definitely packs a punch. If you look at its placement on the track list, it is right in the middle of the album and therefore probably servers as a little change of pace. Overall I think it is successful and I like it.

Edit: one more positive? GATS just sounds super raw and even more energetic after listening to UIG a dozen times. That isn't a knock on UIG - in fact its a plus. I think this shows even further than in the context of the entire album, UIG is a welcome addition.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  4. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yes! a few more tweaks and it will sound more better....

5. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

Now I get about the orchestral thing that Derek said, if you listen close there is a choir singing through the chorus, it sound really great, but in the mix it's really buried.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Few things:

1. I do agree that LP's lyrics have gone downhill for whatever reason. Chester is less creative now and seems to iterate on the same topics and words. Fire, gone, why, what, don't, know, you, got, etc. I'd like to see more than that. GATS has better lyrics, but I like the music in UIG more. LP has never been AMAZING with lyrics. Very casual and easy for the average listener to grab a hold of, but it's to the point where I can predict what Chester will sing in the next song. The lyrics to "Somewhere I belong" and "Breaking the Habit" poops on UIG's lyrics. I felt a more personal connection with the lyrics from HT and Meteora. They're too cliche and general now.

2. I can see why UIG reminds some people of LT. Guitars, synth, electric sounds, similar lyrics. It just hits a lot harder, more layered and has a slightly different structure. I'm not blown away by GATS or UIG, but I don't hate them enough to skip them when I'll be listening to the full album. I skip a lot of songs on LT which means so far so good for The Hunting Party.

3. ATS still looks like it will remain the bands most creative, unique, and daring album.

4. There will never be another HT or Meteora.

7. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Honestly, it is poppy, but if you ranked all of LP's songs from least to most intense it would probably still be in the top 50%. And if this is the most toned down thing on the album...

Compared to the other songs of the same "type" (possibly WID, New divide, powerless, numb, pushing me away, maybe some others, maybe not all of those), it's probably the most in your face, balls to the wall, dramatic one. The most visceral.

As I said somewhere else, the lyrics are... Lyrics..., there are a few mixing issues (thought not as bad as my first impression), and there's a bit of joltiness in a few places
    Other than that, it's a solid song. Hopefully one that will bring a lot of attention to the new album.

Don't forget that if they don't make commercial music then they can't afford to keep spending months in high dollar studios to give us the stuff that whoever is listening loves more.

8. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

double post oops

9. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I dig it, just sat down for a first listen. I knew it would be a more pop sounding song, so I expected it. I enjoyed it. Sounded like a 'rockier' Numb. Sure old LP fans will bob their heads to it. GATS still kills this though. Gives me more hope for the album though! Just a little more than a month!

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What?

In Between top 3 song on MtM

11. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

Forgettable. The lyrics are shallow & broad (par for the course with LP). It's the safest song out of the last two records they've released.

12. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Safer than Burn It Down? no way =p

13. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So after hearing the song, finally (what a day), I love everything about it. It feels like it is a classic Linkin Park song, even though it is new.

14. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Don't post here often, but just thought I'd say I'm enjoying this song more than GATS.

15. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

Also, I do not understand how this band hasn't progressed lyrically. Don't they get bored writing about the same emotions and filling their songs with cliches? Occasionally Mike will have a good verse on some tracks, but just about every single one of Chester's choruses is shallow and dull. Does having six band members prevent LP from writing personal tracks about specific experiences? Do they try and compromise and make a song relatable for everyone? The lyrical quality of bands like early NIN, The Shins, Phoenix, RHCP, or Radio Head is so far beyond "No you don't know what you've got, Until it's gone". Fuck, Blink 182 is poppy as shit, but at least they write about REAL EXPERIENCES.

16. darmart123

darmart123 Member

Where is the new "Numb"?

17. Bobby

Bobby Yo

I really like the intro of this song. Especially when Chester sings 'A fire needs a space to burn, A breath to build a glow, I've heard it said a thousand times, But now I know', I just love the tone of his voice there. Though the guitar drop part could have been longer.
    The instrumental of the song sounds really great but it feels more like a demo to me some why.. Honestly this whole song sounds just like a nearly to be done song, a demo pushed so far that it's almost done to be a song. It doesn't feel well produced.
    The lyrics were easy to learn by heart. Mainly because the song is so repetitive. Good or bad? Imo that's great. This song will be great to sing while in the audience on a LP live show, especially the 'OOOOOH' parts :)
    The solo part could have been better, some kind of a scream like the one at the end of the song perhaps. It's doesn't even feel like a solo part, it's too short imo.

I give it 7 out of 10 (sun) (why not 10 you ask? Well mainly because it doesn't feel well produced imo.)

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Complete waste of time going through this thread. I don't even know why I expected less drama when we could all see it coming.

19. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Suddenly, everyone turns into music critics and sound producers.

20. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Look at all these fuckers who never comment on anything else bashing this track.

I LOVE this song and my only beef is the mix.

That guitar in the intro is very unlike LP or anything currently on the radio IMO.