[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. jouki

jouki Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. LPGuy

LPGuy Banned

Okay

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

uib was fire tho

4. mastae

mastae Some Honky

WHAT?! UIB is amazing.

5. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

So you're basically saying that because of one line, they show very little progression?
    *slow clap*

Hands Held High was literally 7 years ago. So apparently, it's not right for an artist to rap about similar stuff 7 years later. Guess LP should never have personalized lyrics ever again about relationships and stuff since that's what they seem to be doing half the time.
    And I really do want this ability to obtain lyrics by just reading one line like you and many others. :isee:

Also, I absolutely love how critical and picky everyone gets about the entire unreleased album just because one song was not impressive. It's like all it takes is ONE mediocre song to have them lose faith in the band and the album. You guys are like a ticking time bomb.

I kinda found the baby thing creepy :p Dunno why.
    I like the song. It's not OMG AMAZING! but we all know this was gonna be a radio friendly song and it's a decent one at that. There is SO MUCH happening in the background of the song and this is without wearing a headset. I still need to give it a good listen whilst wearing a headset. The mixing is just so mehh in this song. I'm disappointed in that. Just kinda wish the synth was a little less out there. If the drums were more in front, it would have been better. But it's a decent song.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I have really high hopes for this album after these 2 songs. I'm not a hug fan of GATS, but I do love the drums and Rakim's verse, and I love this new song. So that makes THP 2/2 so far for me. If these 2 songs are anything to go by then it'll already be better than LTs for me. Now I just need more songs with rap verses and I'll be good. Also, the last 10 seconds leading into Rebellion has me curious. It's a beat so suited for rapping yet from the description there's only singing. I'm curious as to how they're going to pull it off. I really do hope there is an iTunes countdown so I can listen to it. They did say they wanted us to hear more content before the album releases so we'll see.

7. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I don't know about you guys but I don't listen to lyrics in isolation. It's the whole song and the feeling it evokes that matter. I don't care if it's "Around the world" repeated a hundred times or a spoken prose as long as it sounds good with the music.

I like the song. It sounds a lot better and less annoying than LP songs I dislike (i.e. What I've Done, New Divide, I'll Be Gone, and Burn It Down).

8. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

When someone criticize something, it doesn't mean automatically, that he is complaining /whining. Music is a question of taste, it's a natural thing, that there always will be people finding some songs bad or average. This doesn't mean, that it makes us "fun" to criticize something, this is just how we feel.

@Derek
    I get your point here. But with this in mind, i always remember how it was in "A Thousand Suns". "The Catalyst" was the 1. single, for me one of the most "radio-unfriendly" songs on ATS. "Burning In The Skies" or "Iridescent" just had fit much better (to promote the record / radio-friendly). But they still choose "The Catalyst". It just don't fit to me (like i said before), that they are sick of making "poppy" songs (and poppy songs really can be great, nothing against that) and then they are coming with that, it's unlogical to me. I will listen to this song more often of course (especially in the whole context, when the album comes out), maybe it will change a bit.

9. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Give this one and Guilty All the Same proper music videos and see people say these songs are teh greatest evurr.

10. LohithMohan

If you wanna compare singles. Then,

Guilty All the Same = The Catalyst
    Until It's Gone = Waiting for The End

Both first singles (YES, GATS was the first single) were revealed to show which direction the band is taking with this album. GATS's case was the loud, aggressive nature while The Catalyst was about the experimentation and the electronic music. The 2nd single is a song that a larger audience will like whilst retaining the album's soul which in WFTE's case was the experimentation and use of electronics while in UIG's case it's the loud nature of the song with the guitars and drums and just in general.
    I don't see ANY difference here. The only difference is that LP released UIG before the album and WFTE after the album.
    Actually, LP had made WFTE available for listening about a week before the album's release but only released it as a single in October.

11. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Let's note something positive here: IF this album isn't as good as we all hoped, it just puts into perspective even more what a masterpiece A Thousand Suns was :rastamike:

12. Joshua

Like you said, The Catalyst should show the experimentation, prepare the listener for the record. But there is a difference. The Catalyst had a music-video and was played really often in TV (in Germany at least). "Guilty All The Same" had nearly no promotion. Only some little websites (in Germany) were talking about "Guilty All The Same". When i didn't promote it in some forums, they probably never had listen that song, until the record comes out or they had found it randomly. So, in case of promotion, Until It's Gone" is the 1. single.

13. LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I thought also. Great Song nonetheless. I even put a comment on YT of how I thought that the intro part kinda sounded like Numb in a sense

14. LohithMohan

No. GATS did not get "popular" because of the very nature of the song. Loud, aggressive and extremely opposite to what people listen to. The Catalyst was not loud and even had techno in it to make it more radio friendly than GATS would ever be. And GATS had that project spark video. It's not an actual music video but it did have it. Yes, UIG is being treated as how a first single would be traditionally treated but GATS should not be discarded at all and is definitely the first single unless the band themselves state otherwise. The reason, so many are interested in this new album is because of GATS. Also there were so many articles and websites talking about Linkin Park and GATS. Even Billboard.com released that GATS video with the band talking about the direction and stuff.

15. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

TF4 soundtrack anyone and why is the baby at the end of UIG

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  16. Joshua

Ok, we reached a point, where 2 different opinions come into a conflict ;). Actually, i don't find, that The Catalyst is more radio-friendly than GATS, but okay.

I didn't said something different, of course is GATS the 1. single, but - like i said - in terms of promotion, UIG is the 1. single, that's all.

I said "in Germany". The only bigger website i know, which talked about GATS was METAL HAMMER Germany, that's it. The rest were little / unkown.

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i take offense

18. Dannje

Dannje Member

for me, i really like the song because: i wanted something very different compared to GATS, something with more energyfilled emotions in the feeling of the whole song. and that i exactly what i got. i was actually very sprised at how much negative comments it got in here. i understand why thou. but to me the song is very good and my favorite parts is the intro riff, the bridge, the melodies and ending. i like the varaiety in the details of the song. if i compare this to lets say BID, i feel that UIG is much more intresting. the only thing i feel is wierd is actually why they choose this song when all they talk about is , hard, Heavy, visceral. i feel like the song may not represent what they have been describing the album of sounding like. i hope they dont cut this song down for a radion edit? i would give this song 9/10. and GATS 9,5/10. im glad they dont sound the same. the mixing could have been better thou, but im satisfyed,

19. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Why don't you guys like the meaning of UIG?

20. LohithMohan

Yeah, I don't see the need to prove another is wrong.
    let's just agree to disagree?

[​IMG]