Pre Order Linkin Park's New Album "The Hunting Party"

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, May 6, 2014.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Following the roll-out of worldwide iTunes Pre-Orders over the past 24 hours, physical pre-orders for Linkin Park's new album "The Hunting Party" are now live on the Linkin Park website. As expected there are a number of options available, including the DELUXE CD PACKAGE + T-SHIRT + LITHOGRAPH, DELUXE CD PACKAGE + T-SHIRT and DELUXE CD PACKAGE. Check out the available options below or head on over to thehuntingparty.linkinpark.com to pre-order!

It's worth noting that the CD + DVD edition of The Hunting Party will not not be included in the pre-order packages as it is being released only in Europe at this current time. The contents of the DVD is still unknown but it's been confirmed to not be a "Making-Of" documentary of any kind. We'll post more details when we have them.

Clarification on the packaging differences of the "Deluxe Version": There are in fact TWO physical retail versions of The Hunting Party. A Standard Edition and a Deluxe Edition. The one on the Linkin Park pre-order is the Deluxe version, though BOTH VERSIONS will be available in store. There are no differences in terms of CD contents, just packaging. Here are the differences from what information we can get:

Deluxe: Bound by a clear plastic band with the 36 page art book as described on the pre-order page. "Exclusive CD packaging featuring a 36 page art book including exclusive art by James Jean + song lyrics bound by a clear plastic o-card"

Standard: Comes in a jewel case with a double cover insert. One acts as a cover lithograph and the other is just the insert "standard mini-booklet".
    [​IMG]
    [thumb]http://thehuntingparty.linkinpark.com/img/linkinpark_zoom.png[/thumb]

INCLUDES:
    Exclusive CD packaging featuring a 36 page art book including exclusive art by James Jean + song lyrics bound by a clear plastic o-card
    Exclusive album artwork t-shirt
    Exclusive artwork of James Jean's "The Hunting Party" Lithograph print.
    DIGITAL CONTENT:
    An Instant download of the new songs “Guilty All The Same (Feat. Rakim)” and “Until It’s Gone”
    Digital download of the album delivered on street date
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

INCLUDES:
    Exclusive CD packaging featuring a 36 page art book including exclusive art by James Jean + song lyrics bound by a clear plastic o-card
    Exclusive album artwork t-shirt

DIGITAL CONTENT:
    An Instant download of the new songs “Guilty All The Same (Feat. Rakim)” and “Until It’s Gone”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

INCLUDES:

DIGITAL CONTENT:

[​IMG]

The Hunting Party Pre-Order Bonuses + Differences
    Complete List

The Hunting Party (Standard Edition)
    The Hunting Party (Deluxe Edition) (Linkin Park "Exclusive")
    The Hunting Party Limited Edition (CD + DVD) (US Best Buy Exclusive) (EU, JP)
    The Hunting Party (CD + T-Shirt Edition)
    The Hunting Party (CD + T-Shirt + Lithograph Edition)
    The Hunting Party (Retail Japanese Edition, Includes Stickers)

Source: Linkin Park

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

AWWWWWWW YEAH

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Sigh. No DVD. I don't know if the Amazon package will be different than this one. But I'll have to pull a magic trick if I wanted to preorder from LP.com at least for the deluxe package alone.

What is a "clear plastic o-card"?

F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

hey guys a question -> im about to buy the deluxe version (50$) and there stands that if i pre-order it now i will get the two songs, but when i click to pre-order it stands that i will get the songs on the 30th may :x u think its a bug?

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Looks like the cover has the title after all.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So what does the the Deluxe CD have that the regular doesnt?

And if I preordered from Croatia, when would I get it? On release date or a month later?

Yeah, 15$ shipping, Ill rather wait.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

Presumably the 36-page art book is part of the deluxe package only.

I put in my order for the lithograph package, can't wait to see the full art piece.

DarrenLP

DarrenLP You're Guilty All The Same

Got my CD + T-shirt preorder! But $8 shipping!? And then I put in my state and it adds $2.40 tax, which means it's shipping from my state, to me, for $8. Seems a bit much to me. But I can't wait to get it!

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I ordered the Deluxe CD + T-shirt + Lithograph edition. It looks like the CD might be a combination of the Minutes to Midnight lyric book/CD packaging and I'm really digging the t-shirt. A shame it doesn't seem a DVD is going to be included unless that will be added on later on or is going to be available elsewhere.

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

ques

what i lithograph and plastic o clear ?

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Everyone stop rushing your "pre order", they wont sell out and you can do it the day before to get the day 1 digital.

I am waiting for now and will "pre order" later, I am gonna wait for more info on this supposed DVD combo. Also those prices are very high. I like that T shirt but I don't like that it randomly says "Until It's Gone" on it.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Well, it does show the Until It's Gone cover art.

Arun1910

So? Are you saying a Hunting Party T shirt should have "The Hunting Party" written on it? Sometimes T shirts look nice with just the art.

_Depression

Who said anything about rushing to pre-order? I deemed that I liked the package, liked the t-shirt, and especially liked the lithograph. I also don't see how the price is too high, figuring $20 for the added t-shit and then $15 for the lithograph is about what you'd have to spend on the items if they were sold separately from the album.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to act like everyone who doesn't agree with you is rushing or making a poor decision.

Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

Well, well, well. I'm getting a huge paycheck on friday.
    I'm going for the top one, in other words, the full package! $54.99 is ok with me, but the real challenge is the sales tax and shipping. But either way, I'm excited!

Arun1910

I didn't mean you were making a poor decision, sorry if it came off like that. What I meant was that maybe wait a while to see if anything else pops up before spending money on a package.

_Depression

I just don't see LP releasing any other package(s), they've had all this time to put them together and with 5 weeks left until the album's release date I don't think they're still putting together new packages.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I think the clear card thing has the lyrics on it and you can match it up to any artwork in the booklet.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

They really should have the album arrive via a HYPE TRAIN. That would be awesome, seeing Mike arrive at the train station with the album in his hand saying "choo choo motherfuckers!" and throwing the CD's out to the adoring public. Be way better than Father Christmas arriving in his sleigh... that's so ancient. Time to get with the modern times... trains>sleighs.

No idea how I got off track (no pun intended) but yeah, really looking forward to The Hunting Party.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The CD+DVD edition is just for Europe.