Worst/Least Favourite album LP has put out?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Elaine, Apr 24, 2014.

?

Worst/Least Favourite Album LP Has Put Out?

1. Hybrid Theory

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Meteora

45 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Minutes to Midnight

19 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. A Thousand Suns

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. LIVING THINGS

48 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Honestly, I voted LIVING THINGS the worst / least favorite only because of the nostalgic value that Meteora holds to me. Who knows if I would've been a fan of Linkin Park without the huge radio hits like Numb and Breaking The Habit making me exposed to them. I owe my initial fascination with Linkin Park to that album, that's why I can't say it's the worst / least favorite album, to me.

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

But the second half is also candy coated and as overproduced as the first half, despite it remedying it a little.

3. jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

I used to be the in the LPU, from years 2 through 11, but didn't renew since. I never recall there being much disdain for Meteora. In fact, after MTM was released, there were pleas for a return of the HT/Meteora era from the majority of LPUers and "street teamers". That's just my observation and recollection, not fact.

But anyways, I am one who overanalyzes lyrics, and is preconditioned to enjoy great drum and guitar work, with turntable effects added when suitable - so LP's lack of prominent bass lines and calculated solos have never been an issue to me. I'm perplexed by those who reflect on Meteora as having poorly written lyrics. The choruses? Yes, rather elementary for most of them. But the verses were what made that album a lyrical masterpiece to me. "Easier to Run" would be one of my favorite "Cold/Staind-esque" songs if it wasn't for the almost juvenile chorus.

Anywho, my least favorite album? It would likely either be ATS or LT. I selected ATS. That was an album that seemed to have a purpose in mind, but WTCFM and WAK just were such out of place tracks for me - it detracted from the overall serious nature of the album. That's the effect it had on me - again, my opinion only.

LT has its moments; but, all in all, there aren't any tracks that I'm left saying - if I'm having "this" kind of a day. then I NEED to listen to "that" song - nothing on LT does that for me.

Cheers to The Hunting Party. I'm looking forward to it.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I understand why you'd say this but, in my opinion, it's about the same amount of "production" as "A Thousand Suns" had.

I saw enough comments from fans outside of the LPA to tell you that it definitely is fact. :rolleyes:

5. aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Most def Minutes TO Midnight. Only album I still cannot play front to back without getting mad it happened

6. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that I dislike it or hate it, but the least favorite album for me would be Meteora. I actually became a fan de LP because of this record so there's a nostalgia factor, but when I listen to all 5 albums, Meteora feels like the weakest. I completely love Breaking the Habit though.

7. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

At least Meteora has tunes that everyone knows, and while it is cheesy, there are a lot of classics on it. Living Things is so unmemorable and it's almost embarrassing. I couldn't show LT to a friend because I know they'd think it was terrible too, and think I have appalling music taste.

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Your name and profile pic made my day!

9. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I'd have to say Living Things for me. It's not a terrible album by any means, but just lacked genuinely awesome songs that all other albums had, save for maybe castle of glass.

I'm one of the minority here that loves meteora nearly as much as HT. HT for me though, will never be beaten as my all time greatest album. Meteora IMO, did it's job well. By industry standards, it's quite a short album, but had so much energy.

LT though, for all the hype about energy, lacked what HT and M had in spades. Not a single bad song on it, but lacked an X factor I guess lol. In saying all this, I listen to all albums pretty well equally.