Pre Order Linkin Park's New Album "The Hunting Party"

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, May 6, 2014.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

What!? o_O

DarrenLP

DarrenLP You're Guilty All The Same

I've looked up the laws. In PA there's only tax if the item being bought is being shipped from within Pennsylvania. I've never paid taxes buying anything online before.

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

Thanks a lot for answering, it really helps me. Thanks :D

Muchas Gracias !! jaja. Thanks for the help, I'll PM you for an additional uestion haha. Thanks :D

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

That's what it says in the ticket package descriptions. I was more hoping somebody would clarify for me so I can be sure. lol

I love the band and want to support them, but if I already get the album with my ticket I'm good with that.

Dannje

Dannje Member

Okey thank you. Same thing happens when i try to preorder the deluxe cd without tshirt, but does it mean i will get it but probably later than expected then? Nothing to worry about since digital comes on the street date at least

niklp

niklp Work hard , dream big

I have read on some important lp fan site that the dvd will not be a "making of" , is it true? If it will be true they will probably release the "making of " just online?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The CD + DVD edition of the album isn't being released in the US so that's why it's not being included in the packages. It only seems to be getting a Europe release at this current time. The contents of the DVD still isn't known I think, but it's been confirmed that it's not a making-of documentary of any kind. When we have more info we'll post it. As for whether or not it will be released online, who knows? They could do what they did with Inside LIVING THINGS and clumsily release it through a third party service that nobody uses.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So that's how it appeared...

Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

Thanks for this clarification Joe. Another quick question, does anyone know or has it been confirmed at all if the Pre-Order Exclusive Albums are different from the album that will be in stores on the release date?

Just want to be absolutely sure that I am buying something exclusive vs buying the same exact thing in a store if i just wait.

Joe

I would imagine that the physical CD will be exactly the same as those available in store. I know the pre-order information states "Exclusive CD packaging featuring a 36 page art book including exclusive art by James Jean + song lyrics bound by a clear plastic o-card", but I'm guessing that because the "exclusive" part of that sentence doesn't state what it's an exclusive in regards to, it probably just means that if you were to buy the album digitally. I can't imagine them printing up a whole different set of albums just for pre-orders, that description is just a nice way of describing the booklet that will come with every CD, I think.

Like I said, that's what I'm assuming, probably better off asking Lorenzo or Adam as they'll know more and I don't want to give you the wrong information.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

It'd be great if someone can ask them because I have the exact same doubt. That 'exclusive CD packaging' can be misleading and like you said, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a different version of the CD for pre-order. I definitely don't want to preorder something I can buy at a store for less money.

Artorious87

Does anyone know or can ask Adam or Lorenzo if there can be any clarification of the differences between the Pre-order Exclusive album vs the album that will be in stores on the release date.

Joe

Okay, guys, we've spoke to management and here's what I can gather. There are in fact TWO physical retail versions of The Hunting Party. A standard edition and a Deluxe edition. The one on the Linkin Park pre-order is the Deluxe version, though BOTH VERSIONS will be available in store. There are no differences in terms of CD contents, just packaging. Here are the differences from what information I can get:

Deluxe: Bound by a clear plastic band with the 36 page art book as described on the pre-order page. Includes the booklet and CD, obviously.

Standard: Comes in a jewel case with a double cover insert. One acts as a cover lithograph and the other is just the standard mini-booklet.

That's all I know. I'm assuming the "mini-booklet" isn't 36 pages.

Artorious87

Sweet! Thank you so much Joe! You rock man!

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the info! :) Good to know that both versions will be in store. I guess I won't pre order then.

Artorious87

Yea me either. Now the only other thing I want to know is if they will be releasing or uploading a "Making of..." for this album. I loved the past ones and loved getting them with the albums. Don't know why they stopped that since the last album LT. It was one of my favorite things to look forward to. I really hope they let us see the process of how this album got shaped up and all the little journeys of each song as they came into existence. ^_^

Vic

Vic No game no life

I know man! I hope the Deluxe edition arrives here, if not I'm gonna be pissed.

niklp

niklp Work hard , dream big

Thank you so much for the info :) I'm italian so i'm pretty sure that i will buy the normal version and the DVD one as well , they will enlarge my LP collection :) it will be so cool if they put the Download festival's show in the dvd

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Making DVDs are a waste of money when they usually get uploaded or ripped online to YouTube/pirate sites within a day or so anyways. The band likely doesn't do making of DVDs anymore because they want to save costs. What's the point when it can be uploaded to a streaming service anyway you know?

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Wait, so, where do you order the Standard version then? And is that the version stores like Amazon will be getting? If so, then I might have to order from LP after all -.-