[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I prefer GATS but I don't think this song is bad. I enjoy it. They need to have a radio friendly song like this anyway. If this is as soft as it gets on the record then I think we're in for a treat.

2. MarkTheGraves

MarkTheGraves Banned

Very good song. :cool:

3. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

why is everyone bitching about the lyrics?!! Linkin Park is an international band, they have to keep their lyrics simple and understandable so that other non-english speaking countries could understand their songs and relate to it, i once heard Jonathan Davis of Korn talking about this subject and how universal bands tend to keep their lyrics simple to reach and relate to people all around the world.

4. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

As much as I do like the energy in this song, I have to disagree with this mindset. Some of the biggest and most well regarded bands of all time never had to resort to cheap lyrics for wider airplay, so I don't see why Linkin Park would have too as well. Simple lyrics are okay for a commercial song, but there's simple lyrics for everyone to understand and then there's just plain lazy. I don't see any real way to justify this song lyrically, I dunno maybe lyrics just weren't a priority with this one? Regardless of the reasoning you may have, they were incredibly poppy/uninspired. I think the problem that a majority of us have is that this whole song goes against everything this album supposedly stands for (weeding out the emo? anti-pop?). It's confusing, but thankfully for us Derek's 6 song sampler experience has been able to steer away any doubt for the album.

5. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

After sometime to reflect i have decided i like this song. However i feel the song is lacking the energy of Guilty all the Same, something is off with the mixing, sounds to overproduced. I hope the actually album sounds as raw and organic as GATS.

6. ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

good melody+good lyrics > good melody + bad lyrics > bad melody + good lyrics

7. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

I Hope We Get A Good Music Video For This Song.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I have a feeling if the lyrics weren't weak everyone would be all over this song, because instrumentally it's not that bad. I feel like everyone is clinging on to the lyrical quality and ignoring everything else.

9. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yep, definitely my feeling too.

Though I wouldn't say that "it's not that bad instrumentally". I would go further and say that it is good, even very good instrumentally. There are a lot of little things to discover in this.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah honestly the more I play it, the more I hear things I didn't before. It's the (still) very horrible mixing that buries most of the background elements on this track. The iTunes version is better mixing, but it's still nothing spectacular. Really stunned Andy Wallace produced a mix this bad.

11. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I love the melodies in this song...they're amazing. While the mix is pretty bad I still think the iTunes version saved the song in that regard. It doesn't bother me much at all anymore.

The criticism I am struggling with is "Chester sounds terrible and weak"....wait, what!?? I think he sounds fantastic on this track.

He is also singing in a way where it can translate well to a live performance. This song is going to sound huge in concert.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I have said that I would hail this as a classic if the lyrics weren't God awful. But there is a lot going on in the song, and Chester's delivery is amazing, which is why I can still listen to it.

13. Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

Well I've basically been a Linkin Park PR member since I've harassed all my friends to listen to the song and pre-order the album. They like it a lot, with most of them being the target audience of this song. As for me, the song has grown on me with the instrumentals being the real interest point.

14. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I listened to MTM and LT today, thereafter listening to GATS and UIG.

One thing I distinctly noticed is that UIG, with regard to intensity, is far superior to any ballad off of MTM and LT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's a better ballad than any from the past two albums. I noticed that UIG has an extremely restless, loud and dynamic sound that songs like LOATR, IMR and even LITE don't have. There's a sense of intensity and strength in the music of UIG that I haven't felt in LP for a very long time. Not a moment is wasted or spared, it shifts from section to section of music with fluidity and purpose.

This is, of course, just my opinion and not fact. If the rest of THP has a similar effect however, I'll be very pleased.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, I really would've liked to hear Mike have a rap verse at the end like in Burn It Down. Might have made the song a bit more interesting and have less people complaining about the lyrics being bland (Then again with Mike's rapping people would still complain). Or instead of Chester singing the whole song, have Mike have multiple verses and only have Chester on the hook, that would've been awesome! Nonetheless, I'm starting to feel like one of the few who genuinely really like this song and doesn't have a problem with the lyrics. This is one of the best performances I've heard from Chester in a while, and this is coming from a person who thought Chester sounded awful on GATS.

I hope Mike has more of a presence on the 6 other tracks we haven't heard about yet.

16. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

17. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

As I have said, UIG needs a proper music video. And next time, LP should think twice before making a lyric video of a song with weak lyrics.

18. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

People are bitching about the lyrics and I'm just sitting here just wondering if you guys have ever heard "Don't Stay"

19. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Or Nobody's Listening

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

this!

and I love UIG