LPAssociation.com Monthly Mix-Up April 2014 - Guilty All The Same WINNER (Picked By Mike Shinoda)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 12, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Three years ago, back in July of 2011, I found myself staring at Nine Inch Nails' official remix community (remix.nin.com), with A Thousand Suns blaring over my headphones, and an unfinished remix project for Waiting For The End sitting in FL Studio, awaiting my final touches. I found myself browsing through pages upon pages of absolutely stellar remixes by Nine Inch Nails fans, being amazed by the excellent way these remixes were compiled together, when inspiration finally struck. “Why doesn’t Linkin Park have a proper remix community?” I asked myself, curious as to why Linkin Park fan remixes were not made to be a bigger thing, and why more attention had not been paid to the concept before. From this, LPA’s Monthly Mix-Up remix competition was born.

First introduced in August 2011, we never quite anticipated the popularity that this competition would achieve over three years, and the notoriety it would bring to a once somewhat underground group of Linkin Park fans. Suddenly the remix community was brought to the forefront. Linkin Park fans with musical abilities were now given the chance to show off their talents, competing against other contestants monthly in a variety of categories for the chance at having their works gain exposure to millions of Linkin Park fans across the globe.

Then, in November of 2011 (three months after the launch of Monthly Mix-Up), everything changed. Impressed by the talents of Linkin Park fans, Mike Shinoda took it upon himself to make a blog post about the Monthly Mix-Up, further elevating the MMU’s status within the community and the importance of being crowned the winners on the LPA. Suddenly, it was not just the fans that were listening: the band was listening as well. This fueled the fans and their inspirations as interest spiked. We even had band members occasionally suggesting themes to test the fans and see what amazing ideas they could come up in comparison to the mainstream DJs currently running the electronic billboard charts.

Last month, returning after a short hiatus (to keep things fresh), the Monthly Mix-Up returned in the wake of the release of "Guilty All The Same". For the first time in MMU history, we welcomed a guest judge: Linkin Park's own Mike Shinoda. Mike would help us determine the final winner by giving one lucky musician the honor of being deemed the ‘band-approved’ fan remix of "Guilty All The Same". Driven by the dream of being selected by their inspiration and musical idol, fans flocked in the by dozens to submit remixes, and made it a truly difficult month to judge.

But, alas, there can only be ONE winner, and, for that, we’ll pass the reins to Shinoda and allow him to deliver the news himself:

“I'm always impressed by the effort and talent of the LP fanbase whenever there's a creative contest. The submissions for Guilty All The Same were all very different, and it was tough choosing a winner. But one really stood out because of the creative approach, style, sounds, and mix. With that said, Xefuzion is the winner!” - Mike

https://soundcloud.com/xefuzion/guiltyallthesameremix

Blending a Pendulum-style intro with a dirty lead synth that gives away to a pounding trap beat, Xefuzion’s remix sounds like something that could have been featured on Recharged had "Guilty All The Same" been released around that time. Striking in its composition, and notable for its stellar mixing/engineering, Xefuzion’s was a clear cut top pick among our staff as well, and we could not be more impressed with the winning entry.

Congratulations to Xefuzion! And great work to all the amazing, and equally notable remixes that were submitted this month. Here are some notable entries some of the staff chose as their runners-up:

[TABLE="width: 550, align: center"] ARTIST TITLE
    AG_89 [ankit.lp89] "Guilty All The Same" (AG Remix)
    Decay x Simple Automaton [Zak] "Viserion"
    m_macdonald "Guilty All The Same" (m_macdonald Remix)
    zwieR.Z. "Guilty All The Same" (zwieR.Z. Remix) [/TABLE]​

This was not an easy month by any means and we commend all of you for your fantastic work. To hear all the submissions, click on over to this link.​

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Awesome remix. Congratulations Xefuzion.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Congrats to X!
    He's going to be laughing his arse off.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

X GON' GIVE IT TO YA

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Congratulations Xefusion.

I'm not a fan of remixes in general, but yours is pretty damn sick. Amazing job.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

awesome
    congrats

Derek

I'm aware he made the remix to parody the fact that there are trap remixes of everything out there, but the fact is...it's brilliant. Better than remixes on Recharged.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Hm. Can't seem to listen. Looks like it's broken at the moment.

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Not to diss other past remixes on here, all have been great, but this stands out as my favorite. Incredible job. And I agree, stands out too from those on Recharged.

Derek

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

He's done it again! Congrats, Xefuzion!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

That remix sounds so filthy in a good way! Congrats X!

blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

Congratulations Xefuzion! :)

ShurpB

ShurpB Active Member

Rightfully so - Congratulations Xefuzion!

Glad i participated, almost each and every remix in this MMU made me inspired and drove to step my game up even more :)

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Well-earned congrats, Xefuzion! You'v earned the highest praise - Mike Shinyoda style!

This really is better than most, if not all, of RECHARGED :lol:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Wtf??? Damn b
    Congrats x but ffuuuaaarrrkk

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Thanks for choosing me as a runner-up! Also congrats to the other guys: ankit.lp89, Decay, Zak and Mike. All of you did great!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Congrats, Xefuzion!

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Runner up? Whoo!
    Congrats to the other folks too!

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

i mean to be fair that wasn't exactly a high bar to get over...

Congrats to him though. Handpicked by Shinoda? Pretty fucking rad.