[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Again the same fucking song structure, ugh.

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

So, Mike is singing the first verse twice in series, right? Is that the album version? Because the background music on the first time is really dope.

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I guess we belong to the good people, i remember when i posted that lp fans are never satisfied and they should start enjoying what theyre getting but i got bashed. And it was in this forum

Marcuscorreia

Marcuscorreia New Member

'Wastelands' WOW what can I say, the beat reminds me of a bit of a Korn style sound but with 'Hybrid/Meteora' influences. It's good to hear they have found their raw edge that has been missing of late. I am a die hard fan since the beginning in the 'Hybrid' days and love it all but this albums release excites me. I have missed out on Download sadly but I hope they tour the UK this time round. I have withdrawals and need to see them live again!

jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

Lol you people make me laugh. First its all 'we want old Lp hybrid theory meteora yeaaahhhhh' and now you're upset because it 'sounds too much like hybrid theory/meteora'. I don't get it. Its like you have to have something to be upset about with this band.

And as for the song, I listened to the little snippet from the mma deal but that's all I am allowing myself to listen to. Its killing me. But I want the rest of the album to be a nice surprise for me when I get it.

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Only not so quiet :isee:

And @Killerundies: It really gets to me some times. Disliking a song is quite possible but people can at least respect it for what it is imo. I honestly don't know what some people are doing here with this being a fansite :p I would spend my time elsewhere if I was so negative about everything that's released. Ah well, whatever makes them happy.

Anybody know if it's Brad on guitar making the high pitched kind of harmonysound during the Wastelands from let's say 41 seconds before going into chorus? Love that kind of sound on my amp (Line 6 Spider IV). Curious if it's guitar being played here or a sample.

EDIT: Oh wait, watched it again and Mike is rapping without shredding (the guitar) (and yes: bad lyric-joke) I assume the sound I mention above is sampled.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

Agree. I enjoyed the bridge most of all, the chord progression sounded fantastic.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't really get the complaints about song structure. As if everyone else in the world moved on and LP is still doing the same. Not a crime at all. All getting too snobby now.

Oh and I'm skipping this one. I'd rather hear the full song in studio version.

laura

laura Well-Known Member

First i love when They come for me second how fucking amazing song i love westlands. 3 welcome back mike

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I'm eager to properly hear the progression in the bridge, it sounded dark. I hope those screams are in the studio version, it would give the song a really nasty edge.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Disappointed that a lot of people didn't like this track. I honestly loved this when I heard it in full on the press sampler. And unlike with UIG, my opinion isn't going to change on this (which by the way, even though I now think of UIG as the weakest on the sampler, it's still not as shitty as people make it out to be). I think Wastelands is truly a fantastic track.

Really don't know what it's going to take to please some of you guys or satisfy your hype. This is why getting too hyped over the band's music is dangerous, because it seems like every album cycle the hype goes through the roof, and people set impossible standards for the record and they're somehow always disappointed. It's like you're all expecting the band to become the second coming of The Beatles and release a Sgt. Pepper-like magnum opus album. That's honestly how it feels. I love the band's music but I'm not going to expect Brad to pull out a Tom Morello level solo, or the band to do a Dark Side of The Moon. I will however, expect the band to make decent and good sounding music, which I feel they have done this time around.

Sometimes I find myself wishing the band never released A Thousand Suns. It's my favorite Linkin Park record and I feel it's truly amazing, but the issue is that it was too amazing. It was such a creative shift from the albums that came before it, that now every future Linkin Park album is going to be compared to it and everyone's going to keep hoping we get an album like that again.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I've been saying it before. People will HATE this album. I just don't even want to read news posts anymore because out of every 20 posts there's about 15 bitching and trying to find something to despise, and who knows where the hell did all that come from. Fuck that I just avoid all the crap and enjoy the album myself without people around nagging.

Heck UIG is not HALF bad as some people want to make it out to be. I never wanted to say this but it's starting to look as if the ATS people are the new "bring nü metal back" people, come at me. It's getting too intense.

It is what it fucking is.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

It's nothing mindblowing but it's definitely better than UIG. Obviously still need to hear the proper studio version. I still think GATS is the best track we've had so far, from strong structure to instrumentation... it felt like a breath of fresh air.

Hah I don't think it's that big a deal. Black Thought often does the guest verses on Roots' live shows. See it as an homage :D

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG]

People's expectations are always way to damn high. This is Linkin Park, not Radiohead, or Swans or something. They're not going to put out ground-breaking material. That's just the reality of the matter.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Seems more like a grower song than anything. I'm not gonna sit here and bitch about the "structure" or anything like that, but it's just not really hitting me as much as I'd have expected a totally VISCERAL BALLS TO THE WALL HARD ROCK AS FUCK GONNA SHOW THESE PUSSYS ON MODERN RADIO HOW IT'S DONE song. None of the three songs have, to be honest, even though I have liked them all to some extent.

It's just another case of them promising on thing and delivering another.

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

To be fair, there's not really many people hating on this track. The majority love it.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

You really can't make that assumption based off of 3/12 tracks.

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

A lot of the people who chew the band out for not being heavy enough or unique enough probably listen to (and enjoy) artists and bands that are much softer and more conventional than Linkin Park. I know of people who listen to radio pop, yet criticise the band for being too soft. That double standard is really irritating.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I know my opinion will change when I get the proper track. A Live version and a snippet doesn't cut my cake.