May 24, 2014 - Tucson, AZ: KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 23, 2014.

1. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

:D Good one.

Some parts sounded the same, but most of it seemed different to me. And I didn't like the "lift me up, let me go" part either, it was just so random :p

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

What a set list! Probably the most surprising in years due to the plethora of sampling from other songs/remixes. LP have promised a summer full of in your face concerts and last nights crowd is lucky to have gotten such a fantastic set full of the energy this band has always been capable of. The new songs sound very good live. "Wastelands" was great to hear in full, packed with energy and you could tell the crowd was really enjoying that song. And lastly "Until it's Gone" was so much better live, just like I thought Chester added some much more intensity to his vocal and it made the end of the song far more visceral than hearing it on a radio would leave you.

3. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

"There was an incident before the show with Sublime With Rome claiming that during their set, Chester called the police to take all of their marijuana because he was allergic to it. Sublime With Rome took to social media to accuse Chester and Linkin Park"

WTF?

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I see no sign of this...anywhere? Link?

5. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

6. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Holy shit, Rob's solo during Bleed It Out was dope.

I didn't care for The Catalyst crammed in there though.

7. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I've been watching the videos and I gotta say that the band sounded awesome. I'm so glad they decided to not add tons of layers on Chester's voice on the recording of the new songs. He nailed GAS, UIG and Wastelands. Rob also is killing it, I've always thought his drums sounds way better live than on the albums. Having a double bass pedal made that solo even more awesome.

As for the setlist, the way they mixed songs was pretty badass, although I'd rather have two complete songs than 4 halfs of different songs. I can imagine if they start playing my favorite song (even though I doubt Runaway or ALTNC are anyone's favorite songs) and then they suddently stop it. I'm surprised they dropped BTH too. I can't wait to see them in August!

8. InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

Amazing setlist!

But man, Brad failed HARD during Guilty All the Same, really embarassing to watch especially since that was the live debut. I mean it was not his fault that his guitar didn't work, but even when it did start working he wasn't able to recover and just kept playing the same note. I loved how Chester tried to save the silence with a scream, I'm not sure if that one was planned. :D

9. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

11. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I mean if he quit smoking pot, its understandable why he wouldn't want to be around it. While I am not necessarily against the legalization of pot, I can understand how annoying it is if a large amount of pot is being smoked and the entire area smells bad because of it.

12. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Did Mike sing at all at this concert?

LP are going to have a bad time in Colorado and Washington...

13. t_thorngate

t_thorngate Member

Chester definitely used to smoke pot. I can remember reading an article in Inked Magazine where he said that the 2 most important things he brought on the first few LP tours were his shoe collection and a big bag of weed. While I am pro-marijuana, I can understand the band not wanting it around. I'm sure most of them brought their children.

14. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So the band created apparently their heaviest album today, getting in touch with their hard rock/metal roots and then they go call the cops on Sublime for smoking some weed? That is pretty bitchy.

Don't get me wrong, I think the current incarnation of Sublime (with Rome) is fucking awful, but musicians and people in general should be able to smoke a bit of weed when they want. Chester smokes but a lot of people hate being around smokers.

15. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I don't see the connection between creating a heavy album and smoking pot. That's like comparing potatoes to music. I like potatoes but I ain't gonna make some comparison between the music they make and potatoes.

There could be plenty of reasons why they didn't like it.
    Chester used to smoke pot. It would be incredibly annoying for someone who quit to be exposed to it again.
    And its a whole different story if any of them got their kids along with them for the show.

16. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

OMG THAT HIP HOP. Can't wait to see them at download now FAP FAP FAP

17. Damyanix_Omega

Damyanix_Omega Active Member

LMAO, some tweets there make me laugh internally. And what genre are Sublime? Damn, Sublime should be the ones bitching, there were probably children there, and like other LPA-ers said, Chester doesn't like weed, since it reminds him of his bad past.

18. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

but they were performing at the time, so no one was smoking. i think it was unnecessary to call the cops.

btw, great setlist, but it should be longer, and cutting part of so many songs is not that cool, they could play 3-4 more songs, and NMS, APFMH and the catalyst would make it much better too. and In the End, New Divide, What I've Done and the ballad medley really should dissapear. bleed it out bridge was a bit weird, catalyst dont really fit there.

19. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

LMAO, best thing the bands done in a while.

20. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think that's the point: he USED to smoke pot (not to mention take every other drug under the sun). He probably doesn't want to be exposed to that anymore and I can imagine his bandmates not wanting him to be exposed to that either ;) Plus they might have had some of their kids with them..