[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So we have people arguing that "techno" = technological, that previous albums didn't have technology, and now using hashtags in a forum.

The LPA Newbie Class of 2014 sure has some um, stand-out candidates for magna cum laude.

2. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Wastelands is the only song i will listen too when it leaks and i am going to listen to the rest when i have my copy :)

@Warmplay:
    Learn your facts i didnt say that the previous albums didnt have Electronics
    :bradwink:

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  3. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I didnt see where the problem is with the HASHTAG :shrug:

yeah , i am new on the forum , but is this a problem for you? I just said that the discussion is longer than it should , not more.

Also i dont used hashtags often , because its more "fun" than "serious". Hope you understand the point of me.

btw i am sorry for my bad english.

4. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Ah man. I want Wastelands now! Haha

5. IllogicalSystem

IllogicalSystem Electronic

Spoilers: ATS is an amazing album because it pushed the bar. The Hunting Party also looks like it'll push the bar and also be an amazing album. Meteora is not a good album as it lacks innovation and LT is half bad because it didn't innovate until the second half.

Wastelands sounds pretty rad and even GATS and UIG give us a nice varied taste. UIG seemed like a neccesary evil for the record, but in a few weeks, we're definitely going to be in for a treat.

6. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Okay, I just read through 10-15 pages of ridiculous criticism, arguments and complaining, and I can conclude that this thread is can officially be considered a "wasteland".

What is happening to this site? I've come here almost every day since ATS released, and have been enjoying every second of being a part of this community.... except the last few months. I'm not even sure if some people here are trolling, or are they actually being serious with all the shit they are writing. This is Linkin Park's biggest fansite, goddammit! Why is literally everyone hating the band now? Is this the cool thing to do now? Have all the genuine, fun-loving people in this community been replaced by f*cking hipsters?!

Sorry if I'm sounding rude. I'm just getting really annoyed more and more every time I visit this site. And I really don't want to stop coming here, because I love LP, and it's one of the few constants in my ridiculously odd and ever-changing life.

/rant

7. Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

Well said sir. Very well said.

8. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I'd like to cast my ballot for #SayNoToLeaks

9. Minus

That's the essence of the LP fanbase. 98% of them are dolts that love complaining about every which thing. It's only recently with the idea that the band is going back to "dere roots" that some of the worst ones have come back out of the woodwork.

10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Thank you.

11. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

these words are golden. seriously, I love LPA and I enjoy this site since the ATS album cycle, and I have never seen this kind of hate towards the band. Specially when the band looks like it's making a record for the entire fan base, with everything an LP fan should like. anyway I will stop caring about the most part of the comments here and only pay attention and give credit to the ones who think before they write.

12. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

comment of the day. lets try to focus on an awesome linkin park record

13. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Why does it have to be innovative to be good? Doesnt make Sense..
    Its like hybrid theory has 13 Songs in addition, so what? The Music on meteora was good even if it wasnt anything new.

14. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

Thank you for this. I`ve bothered to read through all the pages, and what the hell people? so much trolling and spamming off-topic....damn. I have listened to the live recording of Wastelands and am really digging it. Looking forward to the full Studio version. But i won`t listen to any leaks. My Copy of the Album will be shipped June 13th, so i can wait until then,
    In the meantime, let`s get this back on topic and not derail a thread with some great news into the trenches.

Edit: and stop this annoying shit with the hashtags. this isn`t fucking twitter.
    /rant over, now be gone you hipster-folk, hush!

15. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I assume you're typing this from your long-trusted Pentium II running Windows 98. It's sooooooo good #fuckinnovation

16. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Boy howdy there's some troglodytes in here....

17. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

What's happened to this place? It was friendly when first starting posting, It had a good rep, and it was full of huge LP fans discussing the best band ever. Now it's like 4chan or Duke4.net, important threads full of off topic posts.

18. Minus

:rofl:

19. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Premiering GATS, UIG, and Wastelands the band seemed comfortable and confident. The first few performances of Castle of Glass were a bit shaky and weak, good mind you, but not the best they've done. Of course Castle of Glass is a bit different than their other songs. Glad to see them look and sound fantastic though on new songs!

20. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Come in, checked this out.. extremely happy. Though I expect some fans to not be happy about this. Oh and I CANNOT wait for the studio version of this. I was yearning for some energy from Mike and this fits the bill.

I am going to reference my post from another thread in regards to any one just complaining about this (sorry haven't had the time to check all 17 pages)