Linkin Park accused of calling DEA on Sublime with Rome

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Erica, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It illustrates how shaky some fans can be as well.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Which fans do you mean? Are you talking about fans who will believe anything they see or hear, positive or negative?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And one last thing...let's not forget that at the end of the day, Sublime still broke the law. It doesn't matter if people feel pot should be legal (which I do), per the current laws in this country...it is still illegal in most states to possess marijuana for recreational use or for the intents of distributing it to others. By possessing the large quantity that they did, they were publicly and defiantly acting against the law. They clearly felt they were above the law and the event security, or even the venue were well within their rights to notify the proper authorities.

I believe the war on drugs is flawed, and marijuana should be legal...but until that day comes: Sublime were partaking in illegal behavior and got the proper legal ramifications for it. Maybe they shouldn't be so cocky to believe that their celebrity status will protect them in the future.

Xero-G

It's interesting you mention all this, as Sublime's manager seemed very OK with the fact that Rome possessed marijuana at a public event regardless of the current law. At least this was the impression I received from the audio interview. He and the host even made fun of the alleged symptoms of marijuana inhalation and made a joke out of it. They even called Brad a "pussy" for what he was accused of doing. These fellas couldn't stoop any lower at this point, or could they?

REF

REF Member

At first it was really funny to me (just like thisarticle about "Linkin Park" being involved on a drug scandal :isee:) and thought it would be part of the past in short time, but now, it's getting kinda annoying, just go and read some tweets or comments about it, even so-called "fans" are saying they lost respect for the band just because of this. It's amazing how people are running their mouths without any concrete evidence, if anything, it only shows how most people let the media manipulate them.

Xero-G

It's amazing how fickle and fair-weather supposed fans can be at times like these. Let's just hope that when The Hunting Party releases, these same fans will be so blown away by it that they will take back their largely unfounded criticisms. By the way, Derek, did you find the 6-track sampler mind-blowing :head:, compared to their previous albums?

Diablerie

Diablerie Member

Linkin Park is a horse?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ask me questions about that in the stickied news thread about it. I'd prefer this thread to stay on topic :).

Diablerie

Diablerie Member

don't make up your mind either way before actually listening to the tracks yourself. other people tend to overdo it on the hyperbole front. personally, I trust only my opinion and noone else's.

Xero-G

Sounds good. Did you see my second post on this page? The manager seemed like he was hardly concerned that Rome possessed an illegal substance at a public event. He actually seemed somewhat professional about it in the first half of the interview. Once the name-calling and bashing started, I found it very difficult to take him or the host seriously.

minuteforce

There are fans who've turned against the band because of this.

REF

REF Member

A drug addict horse to be precise haha.

Xero-G

Well, it truly is their loss if they let something now proven to be entirely false dissuade them from the band. I can almost guarantee that they will be missing out on THP if they refuse to listen to it because of this.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's been said already, but on a side note, that manager Cheez was actually a member of the cover band "Buckets of Wenies" with which Chester played around 2005/2006. That explains why he insists so much on Chester being legit and rock'n'roll and such.

Anyway, this whole thing is so fucked up lol. Wether or not snitching happened, Rome and that manager are still acting like douche. Ranting about this for one week? Come on, stop being a crying baby looking for publicity and attention.

Now, if snitching happened, that was not a cool move either. But I'm not inclined to believe this until it's proven 100% correct.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    minuteforce

I don't think that'll be the case for the majority of them; they'll still enjoy the band's output but they'll hate online because they think it makes them look cool.

Diablerie

Diablerie Member

someone call Paris Hilton. she saved the drunk elephants, she can save Linkin Park too!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

You and I definitely have opposing views. I won't get into the debate though.

I just think my state is stupid for legalizing it

NimaLP

NimaLP LP Persian Soldier

Fuck Rome! Law Breaker!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

20. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

... wait Linkin Nark are the bad guys here? fk outta here, they're the ones with the illegal substances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.