May 30, 2014 - Lisbon, Portugal: Rock in Rio Festival 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 29, 2014.

1. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Can I just say that while Chester's singing sounded fairly weak his screams were on fucking POINT. Lost In The Echo was a definite highlight of the night for that reason alone. Too bad it wasn't in full.

Even Faint sounded better than it has in years.

2. Garrett Dash Maichel

Garrett Dash Maichel Member

I don't know what to think about the setlist...most of the songs are snippets and barley any full on songs. I hope thats not the setlist for Carnivores. D:

3. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

if would be better if they droped some HT songs and bring back Breaking the habit/From the inside/ lying from you/No more sorrow, the set would still be energetic. and burn it down must be droped, its not a huge hit and its mostly bad live.

4. shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I think the set is very creative. They just need to fix the technical difficulties they are having. The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is that I'm going to see LP for the first time after being a fan for 9 years in Tampa, and I wish that they would play more full songs. I'm sure no matter what, I'll still have a blast, but maybe they'll change back to predominately full songs.

5. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

If by "barely any full songs" you mean "15 full songs plus Mike and Joe's solo spots," okay...

I'll come out and say it, make of it what you will: I think this is the best setlist the band has played in at least 6 years.

6. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Alright seriously...that WAK/RTN/STB mashup gives me fucking chills. Mike is on fucking fire in that segment.

7. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

15 songs is not much, and joe solo is a solo, the whole band gets a break during it. and they need to fit 9 more songs in the set once THP is released.

8. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

They will never play more than there standard 90 minutes i sadly think :/

9. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I'm finally recovering from what happened last night. All of my muscles are still hating me! :lol:
    The crowd was epic as always, though somewhat frayed at the LP set because QOTSA show was fucking rough, at least in the front rows. Most of my muscle pains are due to them! xD

As for the band's performance, it was the first time I had seen them fucking up so much. I enjoyed as fuck anyway, but all the fuck ups kinda saddened me.
    GATS live feels like they need to put more energy on it. I was hopping for a really heavy-epic-raw sound for it live but it turned out to be just a louder song. APFMH in 2012 was heavier, tbh.
    The snippets of some songs were a little disappointing because the crowd wanted more and they just cut the energy in between. Thankfully I was already counting on it since the Tucson show or else I was going to be like "what the hell are they doing?", as some of the crowd reacted…
    ALTNC really needs to go out of the setlist and give its place to A Place For My Head or even No More Sorrow.

Anyway the band was really enjoying the crowd so much and Mike's delivery to the show made it for me. Rob was the other one doing it brilliantly, as expected. Phoenix was good too, as I didn't catch any fail from him. And honestly, I barely know if Chester sounded great or no, cause his volume was a bit low and the crowd was fucking loud on his parts :lol:
    But maybe I'm just bitching because one of the Wastelands CD just flied 20cm over my hand and I wasn't able to catch it. I'm a little bummed because of that LOL
    Anyway, the overall show was great, but not as great as their last shows in Portugal, being Rock in Rio 2012 the best I've attended so far.

PS: sorry for my english, but the last two days were really rough to me and I'm really tired to do a better job :lol:

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Should note the "new gear" comment came from a conversation I was having with Mr. Terrell. He made a comment about using a 'new rig' in front of 50,000 people...and that's why I posted that. My bad.

And totally agree that the new software Joe's using appears to be shit.

11. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Just watched most of this show...

Can we talk about how fucking great this whole show was in general? just sayin'