[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Same here. 9.5 out of 10 for me. :)

2. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Dabei habe ich für dich extra einen Smiley gesetzt. Die besagte Regel bzgl Screaming habe ich aber immer noch nicht gefunden ;)
    Und die Erklärung zieht immer noch nicht, alle Songs von Hunting Party wurden mit Hilfe von "Technologie" erstellt, trotzdem ist es kein Technoalbum :D

Und ich habe natürlich verstanden worauf DU das beziehst, macht in einer Diskussion aber natürlich keinen Sinn, wenn alle anderen es korrekter Weise für etwas anderes verwenden.

Ist aber auch Wurscht, das Thema ist doch schon längst abgehakt - freuen wir uns lieber, das wir nur noch 13 Tage warten müssen =)

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  3. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Alright, post in English only please. Feel free to PM each other in German if you want to.

4. Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

@NikoLpSoldier & Flozuki: Klärt die Sache doch per Privatnachricht... Es macht keinen Sinn, das hier auf Deutsch zu besprechen, sondern verwirrt die Anderen nur.

BtT: I think that this album is going to be really awesome! Love all the 3 Songs (Until It's Gone = Wastlelands > Guilty All The Same)

5. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

NEIN ... or NO :lol:

btw i will break my rule and listen yet to Wastelands... hope its worthy .

6. Baumlol

Baumlol Member

I don't understand why no one really likes GATS. Everyone wanted LP to face away from their regular song pattern. GATS has a different pattern and people still don't like it.

Wastelands is good but I need a high quality copy of it. The leaked one is okay but far from good.

Don't forget that the physical copies are probably already on their way to Europe. No one recognizes if there is a CD more or less.

7. Michele

The people i know like GATS really much , did you appeal to the "internet gangster"??? GATS is far from a bad song. Its really fun listen to it imo.

Listen to Wastelands for the first time. Good Song , but i hope its have an better quality if the album is out.

8. Baumlol

Baumlol Member

Technically I refer to most people in this thread.
    The most people I know in real life think that the new LP is crap: "Chester lost his voice", "New LP is designed for little emo girls", "Only Hybrid Theory and Meteora are true LP albums!!11"... I bet you know these biased kind of people :)

9. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I am honestly not into any of these three songs that have been released. I'm not an ATS purist or a Meteora fanboy either, I generally find something I like about all of Linkin Park's albums- but so far the guys are 0 for 3 with me right now on this latest release cycle. I'm really hoping the rest of the album saves the day here, or it's possible that I may have come across the first Linkin Park album that I will have no desire to listen to again. All three of these songs I have listened to once and have had no desire to hear them again...

10. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Why don't you like the new songs?

11. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

They just aren't appealing to me. That's like asking somebody why don't they like a certain type of food or smell. They just aren't capturing my interest and I'm not crazy about them. I understand art is objective and everyone finds beauty in different things. I'm just not finding beauty in these pieces of art that LP is providing. I respect the art, but I objectively don't like it, if that makes sense.

12. Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I never post because your posts are my thoughts just written way better than I could ever do. Does that mean I'm supposed to like you or dislike you?

13. UnknownGuy

UnknownGuy Member

I really like wastelands especially Mike's rap verses, but i hope the other songs on the album have more diversity.

Btw many Germans here..Hallo:chuck:

14. Michele

Yeah , a shame some of them are good friends :lol:

I have to say , i really like the old songs, because there are good. But i can accept change (maybe i just have low standars :lol: ) and love for example ATS. My favorite ALbum so far by LP. I dont need twice time the same shit. I need changing.

Yeah Germany FTW :wink: :lol:

more German Fans here then i privat knoe haha :lol:

15. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

They also said about wastelands in some reviews that it has screams..

16. Vic

Vic No game no life

WTF Blake? 93 plays already? You sir, is crazy :lol:

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I definitely like GATS, very much so. I just like it the least of the 3. And I know people who share the same feeling. That doesnt mean its bad though. I love all 3 songs so far a lot!

Im not sure which songs TurtleGuy counted as screaming but we came to the conclusion of 5-6.

We know War has screaming, UIG has screaming, Rebellion has screaming, KTTK has screaming.

Thats 4 right there. so 1 or 2 more with screaming out of the following (unless he counted Wastelands, which I doubt, because he didnt count UIG, even though it has a scream): MTG, FM, and ALITS. (Derek confirmed AFN has no screaming).

and 6 songs with screaming is plenty considering only 10 with vocals. Even 5 with screaming is good enough. We don't need screams just to have them. Need them only if they make the direction of the song become of better quality.

18. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

First off: Don't appreciate the "He". But I'm not sure if you should know better than that or not, so I won't particularly blame you.

Secondly: I admit there were tonal problems with how I decided to voice my concerns with the member. And I did clarify why it's more than "just happy or enthusiastic", which I have no problems with. I do feel kind of like a jerk for handling it the way I did initially, but I won't necessarily withdraw the specifics. Just class them as pet peeves. My mood has been in the dumps more often than not lately, so I admit that unfairly lashing out wasn't cool.

Thirdly, and completely unrelated to anything in the quoted post: The lyric video is good. Simple, to the point! I think I'd class Wastelands as "What Meteora should have been". Actual evolution of their sound, with a dash of something familiar.

19. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

It is pretty funny to see how some people on the youtube comments of the wastelands lyric video think of the Raw approach of mixing, like Chester really feels more like the 'live' version of Chester, And i personally love that.
    Back in 2012 after living things it makes me remember how I asked Chester in the LPU chat how I loved listening to live versions of songs cause it felt way more ''real, natural'' and cool, And he kind off connected to my question saying he understood that. And that kind of connects again to the way this album has been mixed, so raw. so amazing! Love it!

20. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Art is subjective.