[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

i dont see that much in common with the meteora sound besides the simple structure and rap verses/energetic chorus.

i think wastelands would fit well in to living things, its similar to LITE/IMR/LGM/IBG, the rap are a bit like LITE and LGM, lyrically more like LGM, and the whole vibe of the song and structure of it reminds of IBG and IMR but instrumentally better and more fresh, with a "happier" mood and more catchy chorus, but the lyrics sucks.

so far i think its my favorite of Hunting party, but i dont like it that much, it will get old quickly. i just cant take more shitty catchy choruses, its very predictable. as soon as the hype is over this song (and UIG) will be along with meteora, what ive done, burn it down and ALTNC for most people

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

That is just your opinion :)

I see Wastelands and UIG staying as some of my fvaorite LP songs ever, personally.

And I personally like WID, ALTNC, and BID. and Meteora

3. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

I want to hear how Keys to the Kingdom sounds like and how people are going to react to that song.

4. vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

I don't like it,i played Wastelands and UIG a couple of times but they wear out pretty fast on me,no desire to listen to them again because to me it feels like LP is like a factory now,pumping one song after another with no spark in them,when i listen to a song i want it to make me feel something,but this songs just don't do it for me,they sound too generic because is so stripped down and they way Chester does the choruses on Wastelands and GATS are so formulaic it drives me nuts,hope the rest of the album will have some gems like A Line in the Sand which sounds promising.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Maybe. I can see that happen because of the radio format.

Still, I like all the things you mentionned safe for, maybe, Burn It Down. If, in the future, I can still enjoy this song as much as I enjoy WID today, I'll be more than satisfied!

6. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Perhaps. But I think Wastelands is better than all of those songs right now. Burn It Down I was meh on from the moment I heard the full track, if I remember correctly. ALTNC is average. Likeable, but nothing great. I think this has a stronger staying power. There's more consistently interesting elements in the track to me. The base guitar in the chorus especially separates it from others.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  7. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

8. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

This song is awesome. Probably the best of the 3 so far (I love them all, I'm really enjoying every piece of this album so far!). One thing that really shines to me is that the lyrics on this song are way better than the others. Mike's verses are really good and even the chorus has some quality words in there. Gotta keep that up LP!

9. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

10. TakeThisAway

TakeThisAway Member

So i have a little idea which might seem stupid to some people. I think it would be very cool that when you get the album you should record your reaction to the first song keys to the kingdome,upload it on youtube and post it here. It would be very interesting too see what your reaction is! :) what do you think of my idea?
    (sorry for my english)

11. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Had the same idea :)

12. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah , i try to write an review of my first experience. Would be fun to see how all the people react about THP.

13. Damyanix_Omega

Damyanix_Omega Active Member

Hmm, good idea, the problem is that most people could over-react for the simple reason they are filming. I bet that if they aren't filming while listening to Keys To The Kingdom, they are gonna be reacting internally.

14. TakeThisAway

TakeThisAway Member

didnt think of that...i would just love to see the faces of the people instead of reading the reviews :/ but it is true that most people would over-react

15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Or under-react - either way, knowing that their first reaction will be judged

16. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[video=vimeo;96446665]http://vimeo.com/96446665[/video]

[video=vimeo;92091522]http://vimeo.com/92091522[/video]

[video=vimeo;76281304]http://vimeo.com/76281304[/video]

Why not? It could work, but you'd need some promotion on Twitter aswell.

17. Damyanix_Omega

Damyanix_Omega Active Member

Just ask someone to hide a camera when and where you least expect it :D

18. TakeThisAway

TakeThisAway Member

First of all thanks for supporting my idea!

Maybe someone of you could arrange a promotion on twitter or facebook? this would be great! :)

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To be honest, I think the biggest problem with these songs...as much as I enjoy them, is the mixing.

With Guilty All The Same, the raw/garage sounding mixing actually worked because it gave the song a more "punk" feel to it. However, both Until It's Gone and Wastelands demanded a clear and open sounding mix (because of the numerous layers in the track) and they unfortunately didn't get that. Until It's Gone is a muddy mess, and Wastelands has a super awesome bit in the bridge that is barely audible. Infact, I think there might even be some clipping in these songs.

I pray the band decides to release multitracks for this album...would be great for this album to get the proper mix it deserves. Kind of disappointed in Andy Wallace so far.

20. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Clearly you think that. Otherwise you wouldn't be a fan, and you wouldn't be posting on this forum if you didn't like the aspects of their music. I never said they weren't catchy, just saying that they're rather simple and predictable. Very little have they written a chorus that is out of the ordinary or something I wouldn't have expected. The Hunting Party so far further proves my point. Actually, I personally think they've gotten even worse with choruses for THP so far, but that's just me. It's almost too overly simplistic. Same old loud in your face chorus, makes me wish for songs like Burning in the Skies and The Little Things Give You Away. Clearly this album isn't shaping up to be what I wanted, which is fine as there's others who will enjoy it. Sounds like the Mall OST is what I'm looking for, too bad I won't be hearing that anytime soon.