What is your favourite thing about Linkin Park? Why are you a fan of them?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Jun 2, 2014.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

This. No clue why I love them.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

My bad xd GATS

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Uhm, actually i never said i dont like ATS? I like it but not as much as the other Albums. There is a difference.

I said that because thats what happened to me at my school when i presented ATS to my class. They all were like "That's not Lp thats shit" etc

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think it wasnt so clear for him (hope i put this in right english language :lol: )

I Love ATS , its my favorite LP Album, but otherwise people who i know, whose first Rock Band was Linkin Park , didnt like or hate ATS (ok , some people i know are not very open for other things ).

Its all about opinions. People who like softer songs should love many parts of ATS i think.

NimaLP

NimaLP LP Persian Soldier

1- Linkin Park
    2- Linkin Park
    3- Linkin Park
    4- Linkin Park
    5- Linkin Park
    6- Linkin Park

I just couldn't write all the reasons because they're uncountable! So I just write Linkin Park! :shinado:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

My favorite thing about Linkin Park is even they have admitted that Meteora tread on recycled territory and is Hybrid Theory Part 2, but worse.

Also they don't seem to be playing Somewhere I Belong this tour, which is a welcome return to the glory of the ATS tour cycle.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Not the only throwback to the "A Thousand Suns" tour either :rolleyes:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

HT got me to listen to a lot of genres of music I never had really delved into before, so I like them for that alone.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I like that Linkin Park has always put out the album that I need at the time it's released. For the first two records, I exclusively liked loud, angsty music so those albums resonated with me.

When Minutes to Midnight came out, it was at a time where I was starting to branch out my musical tastes to other forms of rock. The eclectic nature of that record that included lots of different styles and genres was perfect for that mindset (even if I was a little disappointed on my first listen). A Thousand Suns then came out after I started listening to music with more electronic elements and less traditional song structures. Living Things came out while I was on an alt-pop/alt-rock binge and as I have been listening to a lot of heavier music for the last few months, Linkin Park is about to release their heaviest album to date.

I guess I just love that the band's direction moves right along with my own tastes in music. I'm sure there'll eventually be an album that doesn't sync up to whatever it is I'm listening to at the time but it's been a great ride so far. lol

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

That's what A Thousand Suns did for me. Because of that album I looked for a lot more in music.

minuteforce

Mmm. "Reanimation" for me.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I like their music? :shrug:

minuteforce

Actually, this is it!

Hearing and seeing LP lights up the reward circuits in my brainz. That's pretty much all there is to it.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Before I get into why Linkin Park is my favorite band and has remained so, I wanna dissect a couple of the reasons you guys said they've been regressing and such.

1. They use the verse / chorus/ verse / chorus structure too much.
    Well guys, that IS the majority of how most songs ever written go. Everyone does it, from pop to death metal to even EDM songs without lyrics. It's pleasing to the ear and easy to pick up on and enjoy. Now of course LP stuck to this formula all the way until A Thousands Suns (although The Little Things Give You Away did break this formula a bit). However, the majority of the songs A Thousand Suns still used this formula. Burning in the Skies is very much this. When They Come For Me is this as well. Robot Boy truly breaks this and makes for one of if not the most unique Linkin Park song to date. Waiting For The End goes back to the formula. Blackout sticks to it until the end, however this is nothing new as TLTGYA did this prior. Wretches And Kings and Iridescent both follow the formula. The Catalyst is also pretty basic, but what makes it unique is its sound. It goes off script the same way that Blackout does. And The Messenger is your basic acoustic song, but I'll give it credibility for being something LP hadn't really done before. So here we have 3 songs off that album that stray away from the basic song structure a bit. Not to say that ATS isn't a very impressive and diverse album (it's my favorite album the band has done), it's just that for whatever reason some of you think the song writing of it is way out of left field, which it isn't.

2. Guilty All The Same / Until It's Gone / Wastelands and thus, the entirety of The Hunting Party is uninspired and a further regression of creativity for the band.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that I do like Wastelands, but it's nothing new or really special for the band. It seems to be a pretty "safe" song for LP. I'll say the same for Until It's Gone, however there are some very interesting sounds hidden in it that remind me of ATS. But I need to disagree with anyone who says that GATS is nothing special. First off, a song, even a Linkin Park song, does not require screaming to be considered heavy. This song is truly a feat for the band. It's six minutes long. That is longer than ANYTHING off of ATS and is only rivaled by TLTGYA. It has an almost 2 minute intro, which is another unique aspect. I will keep comparing this to ATS because that is the band's most experimental album. No ATS songs have an intro that lengthy. GATS has some of the crunchiest guitars we've heard from the band, probably only competing with Given Up. It's fast, it's in your face and it leaves an impression on you like no other LP song does. The drums are equally as impressive as the guitar is. What makes this song truly unique though, is simply the lack of that Linkin Park "sonic" sound that we've all talked about. The sound and feel for this song reminds me of MTM and the way there aren't many electronic elements carrying on in the background. This also makes the first time we have a guest vocalist on a major LP album. It also features a true guitar solo from Brad, which is something we never hear. This song IS unique and experimental, and Linkin Park going in a heavy direction is truly a good way for the band to continue on at this stage in their career. Mike said that before they were writing indie songs, which is exactly the music you hear on the radio every day. Now which you would prefer from LP?

I think that Living Things is the band's weakest album and that it WAS a regression, but The Hunting Party is going to get them back on track.

Linkin Park is my favorite band because I grew up with them and they were the first band that truly got me into music. I was 11 when I first heard One Step Closer and From The Inside. I was instantly hooked, got the two albums and continued to delve into the rock music scene which got me into a lot of other bands. When Minutes to Midnight first came out, I hated it for having so many slow songs. Once I grew up a bit from repeated listens and realized that softer songs could in fact be great songs still. LP had once again expanded my musical tastes. I had the exact same reaction when ATS came out and then once again learned and began to enjoy more types of music. Now with The Hunting Party, and me being 21, the band and I finally seem to be in sync with one another, so to speak. I've always liked heavier songs more than anything else. I like songs with a lot of energy. So the current rock scene has left me yearning for something different. Not that the type of music most bands are coming out with nowadays is bad, I still enjoy them (Coldplay is one of my favorite bands and I love their new album), it's just not what I wanted to listen to. Lo and behold, Mike comes out and says the EXACT SAME THINGS I've been thinking this entire time. Then GATS drops and my love for LP is re-energized completely. This album is exactly what I'm looking for and I couldn't be more excited for it. Linkin Park also seems to truly care about their fans most of the time and are always very appreciative. They've remained pretty down to earth guys and never let fame get the best of them even when they were HUGE. They continue to impress me in just how good their song writing is (Mike seems to be the master of writing hits) and how they've used that to survive as long as they have and still remain relevant. Listening to LP always puts me in the best mood and I love discussing them with anyone who cares to listen.

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

when i was younger my best friend introduced me to linkin park. he was a heavy metal fan and his parents were always dressing up as heavy metal style.

he was a fan of them too and when i first heard LINKIN park i liked it and since then i just been a fan for so many years. i also like the linkin park sound.. all the early linkin park songs have deep feelings or i must say so much feelings in these songs.

Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

My brother introduced me to LP. He is now 19 and is in University, and he is a big music fan with over 1000 songs.
    One time I decided to search up Linkin Park and I found some songs. The first ones were In The End, Numb, Breaking The Habit, Burn It Down, and No More Sorrow. After that I decided to ask my brother for some of their albums, and I got their first 2, which I loved. Then he gave me Minutes To Midnight because I wanted the album with No More Sorrow. It took me a while to get used to their soft songs, and I much preferred their heavy stuff when I first heard MTM, but now I love all of their albums.
    I'm not sure what I like about Linkin Park. Their just a great band, and if my brother didn't tell me about it I probably would have found their songs anyway :kappa:

Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

:trollface:

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

That one guy that screams all the time and guitars. The emotions felt inside. Hybriditity of the hybrids. Sweat.

And Recharged