Linkin Park to Headline mtvU Fandom Awards

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 5, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A news post on linkinpark.com tells us that Linkin Park will be performing a headlining slot at a brand-new event called the mtvU Fandom Awards, which will take place as part of the 2014 Comic-Con convention at Petco Park in San Diego on July 24. Additionally, the band will also be playing a "corresponding" event called the MTV Fan Fest, which will take place at the same location.

Anyone attending the convention can gain free admission to the MTV Fan Fest show and, apparently, the Fandom Awards as well, while attendees for the Fandom Awards event can be chosen through a competition called "MTV's Ultimate Fan Experience", which gives participants "a once in a lifetime VIP trip for two tickets to fly to San Diego and attend the mtvU Fandom Awards, meet the band and have VIP access to watch Linkin Park perform", among other things. No details on how to enter the competition have been revealed as of yet.

On July 27, three days after the event, MTV will be airing a special covering the mtvU Fandom Awards, which will feature footage from Linkin Park's performance.

The Hollywood Reporter has an article about the event which provides us with more details about what will be happening:

Are you planning to attend Comic-Con? Discuss this news on our message board!

Source: Linkin Park on Twitter via Decay

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Never even heard of that event but it will be cool to see what the band plays and if they pull a full set or a shortened one :)

EDIT: My reading skills were off. Just realized the OP said "Brand New Event" so that's why I've never heard of it :p

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wait, MTV is doing something music-related?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

What is the point of the LPU anymore? :kappa:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Linkin Park at Comic-Con?????? :flugen:

minuteforce

EDIT: LogicalJoker, Cely and Blake, I've moved your posts over to this thread.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I wonder who wlse will be playing the event.

minuteforce

Yeah, there's actually been no information about any other performers. Makes me wonder if it's actually a festival-type thing at all or if LP's doing the only musical performance or something. But the announcement is relatively fresh, I think, so we can probably expect more details later on.

LPUAdit

LPUAdit Member

Oh wow, well I have the 4 day badge for this year so hopefully I can see them! This got me so excited

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

This news is like two weeks old. lol.