Fan of the band or the genre?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Rippin on That, Jun 6, 2014.

RYFO

RYFO Active Member

Definitely a fan of the band. To me, music is music. I may like it or I may not. You can throw pop in there, some rap, hip-hop, rock, metal, whatever. If I like it, I like it, but there's no telling just based on the genre. LP on the other hand, has kept me with 'em this long, so they must be doing something right.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

The band for sure. Having followed their music, and how they talk about their influence when creating it, it really has opened up a whole heap of music I wouldn't have necessarily listened to in the past.

Finding their inspirations and understanding them adds an extra element, which is evident when you listen to theirs.

The fact I lean more towards an alternative rock sound across the board, is probably a testament to their impact on me in the early days. However, I now listen to all genres give or take a couple. I've learned to appreciate music much more.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Fan of the band for me. I will follow and listen to their new stuff and will always give it a chance even if i don't like it. I do not like Living Things but i will give the Hunting Party a go anyway.

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

It's great to see everyone appreciating Linkin Park for their various sounds. I think it's their biggest strength that they consistently release good music while managing to keep their actual sound fresh and it appears a lot of you agree :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

For me, the band. No question. I like Linkin Park for Linkin Park. :)

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Similar to what others have already said, I like Linkin Park for the band they are and consider myself a strong supporter/fan of them. I have really enjoyed getting insight on the behind-the-scenes aspect of their music that has been shown in LPTVs. Also, they are genuinely good guys who actually care about those less fortunate than them, as evidenced in their work in Haiti and other places. I, too, consider LP to be mostly genre-less, as they have not stuck with a single sound or style for quite some time.