Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade" Has Leaked | MTV Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wastelands is no more heavy than what the whole of Meteora was, of which a lot of Linkin Park fans stand by as heavy. Extensively, the track is 'heavy' in the context of what is playing right now on radio.

2. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

holy shit yes

now i'm not the biggest fan of linkin park's ballads but final masquerade was nice. it sounded familiar but yet i can't seem to match it with anything they've done before, no matter how hard i try

3. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I really don't like this song the more I listen to it.

Guys, try this. Pinch your nose and sing along to the melody. Tell me that isn't totally irritating poppy melody? It makes me cringe worse than Crawling's chorus does now. *shudders*

4. Snail

Agreed. #feels.

5. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Lol I feel that would make every song annoying

6. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Qwerty is a fucking heavy song, and the bridge of figure.09 has to be the heaviest I have ever heard LP

7. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

actually, chester's vocal melody in final masquerade reminds me of his melody in leave out all the rest

8. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

The thing is though that Chester said this is LP's heaviest record, that means heavier than Hybrid Theory. So far the guitars on THP aren't as grungy as those on HT and there are more softer vocals it seems.

Meteora was significantly less heavy to me overall compared to HT, it was a softer record.

So I don't know that THP will be the 'heaviest' LP record in terms of vocal intensity and instrumental grit throughout the whole album, but I think it will be the most aggressive, hence on that basis one may say it is the heaviest album.

9. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Just wait.

10. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I feel you bro, Hit the Floor's Chorus is also pretty heavy and By myselfs bridge. Lying From You also has a brutal bridge.
    But i think that Keys to the Kingdom and War really will be good competitors in terms of heaviness since whats being said in reviews :)

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Something about chester voice on HT is outstanding think it a mixing on that album

12. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Well fair play on the band letting some of the dedicated fans and community listen to the album first. The rest of us going nuts with anticipation while Derek sits here teasing us already having listened to the thing knowing full well how awesome gut wrenching killer sounwaves the rest of the album is. We're just a bunch of chumps really :p

13. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

First song on THP with decent lyrics.

14. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This boards tendency to use "poppy" as a synonym for "shitty" is really irritating, especially considering In The End and Numb, two of the bands biggest hits, could easily pass for particularly grumpy boyband songs.

15. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

What? Rebellion's lyrics are fantastic. The rest though, eh.

16. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

funny, I like the song more the more I listen to it. first listen was like 'meh', now listening with headphones it's a pretty good song. i'm not much of a 80s music fan but I love Chester's vocals on the song, he really sings the song with emotion and even though it is a bit pop'ish and repetetive I like the build up! It contains some surprising elements and is well worthy my time. #1 Rebellion. #2 Guilty All The Same #3 Final Masquerade #4 Wastelands #5 Until It's Gone. Though I'll probably forget about Final Masquerade pretty soon ;d

17. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That and using "poppy" as a synonym for "soft."

This melody is very much a rock ballad melody. I'm not great with musical theory, but this sounds like it incorporates some chords/notes that you probably wouldn't hear in most pop songs.

18. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

I only listened to it once, it's a great song I don't know exactly how i feel about it but I don't think that it's better or worse than Until It's Gone

Rebellion>GATS>Wastelands>Final Masquerade=Until It's Gone

19. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I love everything about this song. It's great. Amazing lyrics too. Though it doesn't take much for me to feel disappointed in lyrics anyway...ANYWHO.

I love what Linkin Park does with their ballads. I wonder how this will hold up live. I can see an extended outro similar to Waiting for the End...

20. Snail

The thing is..

We haven't heard the entire record yet.

Qwerty is a standalone demo.

Figure.09 definitely is a heavy track, but I wouldn't say it is the heaviest we've heard from the band.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014