June 7, 2014 - Wershofen, Germany, Nurburgring / Eifel - Rock am Ring

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jun 6, 2014.

lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

Yeah that makes sense. Maybe a different setlist could improve things for Chester. I just don't want him to suffer for like 3 months forcing his voice to no end lol

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Chester sounds pretty good to me here. But nevertheless guys, it's not like he's being forced to do all this. They chose to make a heavier album, they choose the songs on their setilist (yes I recognize some they would never drop because they are hits but still), Chester loves what he's doing even if it physically hurts sometimes. The fact that he's still adding screams where they aren't originally (all throughout GATS and Wastelands) should be taken for something, too. If they were so painful or devastating, he wouldn't throw those in (along with the "SIDE EYES LIES, STEP ON PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO", the scream in what i've done, the catalyst, beginning of from the inside, etc.) Also, with proper technique, screaming isn't screaming like we do normally. When you get mad and scream it's not the same thing he's doing (I'm sure most know this but I'm sure some have never thought about it). When you scream and get mad, and your voice hurts, that's not what he's feeling lol. That's not to say it's great for the voice, but it's not unbelievably painful. Running around/jumping, and regular high notes are probably more tolling than most of the screams. I'm not a vocal expert but I say this with some confidence. Also, if you've ever been to a concert, you know you're not standing there judging his voice. Even if magically loses half his range in the next year, people are still gonna go crazy at these things. Maybe he'll fail when it comes to singing critique, but he's still got the ability to make the crowd go insane.

/end rant, probably not gonna reply to and more posts about this but every now and then I have to jump in

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    lparmy

Hey @BTorio Hopefully you didn't see my post as me just complaining, I meant that I was worried that Chester would not kinda enjoy it if it were hurting him. I get what you're saying. As long as he's not kinda suffering throughout all the concerts then I'm fine :) He's done a good job lately, I'm just worried about him in the long run. I remember he was kinda ill a few years ago in the middle of a European leg? And yeah in a concert you have a good time singing along LP and the crowd :)

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I have seen so many concerts the last days and I am really proud of LP. It is a completely different level in comparison. Of course there will always be a few notes here and there that aren't perfect but in the end it doesn't even matter.

The nice tribute to RAR gave me goosebumps, very good crowd. Brad was also really solid today, modern Guitar god redeemed :D

Edit: and it was the only concert where I haven't even seen one complaint in the feed :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    lparmy

:bradwink:

Cely

Cely Active Member

Pretty solid concert!!

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

What a fucking show, damn!

21stitches

21stitches Member

This was an amazing performance imo! Much better than RIR, and the crowd was insane! Looked like the band had so much fun! Haven't seen them smile like that in a long time and chesters solo run for aplaudse at the end says it all :-D

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

That was an awesome show! Chester was on top form, loved the extra screams he threw in. He did pull some odd notes, like REALLY odd notes here and there but its okay :p way better than the first show. GATS was KILLER this time as well.

lp_ostri

lp_ostri Active Member

+1

TakeThisAway

TakeThisAway Member

fuck i missed it. only saw bleed it out and chester seemed soooo happy lol.

same setlist as before?

lp_ostri

lp_ostri Active Member

Yeah. Rap Medley was with hands held high but rest was the same. I'm sure whole show will appear in the next hours on YouTube, it was a very good streaming quality

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Me too, only bleed it out ._.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I just saw it in TV, one word: INSANE!
    BTW, BRAD KICKS SOME ASSES THERE :bradwink:

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

the stream sucked to me, missed a lot of stuff. but the show was great, i think they should change the setlist before it gets boring but it was good.

chester's vocals are pretty bad, and the use of autotune proves that, his voice is thin and strained, but i think he did better than on RiR overall.

YourWurstNightmare

YourWurstNightmare New Member

It was like the very best-of their entire discography!
    makes the final Rock am Ring a legend

Christos

Christos Active Member

Brad nailed the No More Sorrow ebow intro this time. :bradwink: Solid show all round. And Hands Held High was a nice change.

Francois Dillinger

Francois Dillinger Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;og9xsKBQ9zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og9xsKBQ9zk[/video]

The autotune is embarassing :facepalm:

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Can you point out to me which specific part?

The quality by the way, lol. Was that how it was for all streams?

Why should they already change the setlist? They always do small changes, perhaps change a song or two, that´s it. They are playing these shows for the audience and not the selected people that watch bits and pieces online.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

the first verse is awful, they dont even need it, its not a hard song for chester.