Linkin Park - "The Hunting Party" Full Album Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I have to leave for work now :sad: but I got through UIG and I have to say this album is fucking amazing. Easy contender for best LP album ever!

2. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Can't still fucking find it been looking a past 4 hours :(

3. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

You made me LMAO hahaha

Yes, I compared the spectrums. It is legit but is the censored version.

4. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I wonder what was Joe's input on this album...

5. Wizardofozil

WHY CANT I FIND ONE :/ FUCKING SHIT 192 RIPS AGGGGGGG

6. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

I won't do a whole track by track review, but here are my two cents on the album:

Heard it once without headphones and from the poor quality leak. Initial impressions were that the energy was great,as expected, but that it would take at least on more full listen before knowing how I felt about each song.

After listening to the Itunes stream with good headphones, my thoughts are positive, yet mixed at the same time. The good stuff is just how great it sounds and flows. I thought I would be sick of GATS and Wastelands but the way the tracks flow they all fit really well. Keys to the kingdom is great, All for nothing is actually one of my favourites (i so wish we could hear the chorus with Chester or Mike though, just to know how it could have been), I don't get War that much, but then the second half of the album is excellent. And here is where the mixed feelings come in: The second half feels even better to me because of it being a better mixture of 'hard' Linkin Park and 'Softer experimental Linkin Park'. Mark The Graves, Drawbar, Final Masquerade and A Line in The Sand all are superb, because (for me at least) they come closest to a MTM/ATS type of song. The atmospheric sounds in Drawbar and A Line in The Sand especially remind me just how amazing these guys are at getting glorious sounds from synths and pianos, and creating a beautiful atmosphere.

The reason this gives me mixed feelings is because I understand Mike's interviews saying he wants more visceral music that is more hard hitting. Yet I feel the band can be so much more than 'just' a heavy metal band. I hope they have another experimental album in them because they are better musicians than the 'simple' heavy songs suggest.

Still like this album a lot. Will be playing it lots more for sure - 7,5/10

7. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

it's legit, 320 and all but its the damn censored version!! i hate that shit!

8. RYFO

RYFO Active Member

Even better, the NZ release is also the 13th. That means that it's already June 10th in New Zealand and 3 days out from release.

9. Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Quick thoughts after first listen

Pretty average album
    Doesn't flow as well as previous albums
    Turning up the guitar to 11 doesn't make it a heavy album

Best songs

Keys To The Kingdom
    Guilty All The Same
    Wastelands

10. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Fixed ;)

11. Wizardofozil

I found one thank god

12. GuywithShades77

GuywithShades77 Member

ATS=THP>HT>MT>LT>MTM

13. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

pretty sure its the iTunes stream rip BC if you listen at the end of UIG you hear the first part of Rebellion like it wasn't cut right same thing with GATS. Now that could be just how it flows from track to track but I won't know until I put it into iTunes to see if it does indeed flow perfectly which I'm expecting it wont

14. jsantoslive

You know its edited right boss?

15. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Go to getmetal they have the 320 vesion :headbang:

16. jsantoslive

the 320 (iTunes stream rip) version is everywhere the only problem now is its edited. Unless your version from getmetal isn't

17. RYFO

RYFO Active Member

I don't believe you're supposed to post sources of leaked downloads, whether there's an official stream or not.

18. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

We're not allowed to say that

19. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

My feelings after 1 listen

1- wham bam where the hell did that come from. If I like it as much on the next listens as I did the first it's overtaking best opening song. I would say comparable to Papercut, ending gang vocals over Chester, there's brilliant melodic singing from Mike, he spits out a decent rap verse, the melody and music generally is just... Yes

2- never listened to Helmet but I might now. This sounds to me like a heavy remix of "What I've Done" with rap verses. The guest vocalist definitely adds to the song

3- already heard it A LOT but I must say, when I first heard the song the long into I thought detracted from the song cos it took too long to get going but it really helps the flow of the album

4- The Summoning is a bit wierd, not sure what to make of it but I like the almost ATS experimental element. Even though it's ATS experimental I wouldn't expect it and it wouldn't fit on ATS if that makes sense

5- without doubt the most disappointing over-hyped waste of track listing ever from linkin park. Not even heavy in my opinion. It felt like a B-Side demo from Chuck-era Sum41

6- wastelands heard before and is a welcome back to Hybrid Theory esque music without going back to their roots too much

7- until it's gone grew on me through this single listen through. Definite album filler but what the album needed

8- rebellion is then the end of the 3 I've religiously overplayed these last weeks. They fit with the album well.

9- I definitely liked mark the graves. I immediately thought LOCKJAW but heavier for the opening minute or so. When the singing starts it's Chester with what I feel is more decent lyrics and then it kinda fades in and out of heavy instrumentation with Chesters vocals and Mike backing vocals. Not really a standout at all for me but a great song none the less and I can see a lot of fans loving it

10- drawbar is absolutely beautiful. I great break from the album and is now tieing with KTTK as my favourite song on the album. Blew me away. The piano melody compliments the synths and distorted guitars in a way you couldn't predicted
    predict

11- and then this follows up and ties with drawbar and KTTK. What a great melodic vocal display from Chester. Maddeningly catchy and soft enough to listen to in most moods. Chesters vocals just sound raw and emotional in a way he's never quite displayed before

12- this for me just summed up the whole album in a few minutes. Mike sounds great and completely unexpected. Then the rap is good. The way this track is put together and the different linkin park sounds in it make it a definitive song for the band and a perfect closer. These 6 are the only people who could create a song that diverse and make it work. It is up there with the other 3 standouts I highlighted

20. oh5srt4

oh5srt4 Member

I can see ALITS being the new fan favorite show closer... Really does a good job of wrapping up the album. It's early, but this may be my new favorite LP song.