Stream Linkin Park's The Hunting Party on iTunes in Full

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jun 9, 2014.

1. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

He became an administrator on this forum.

2. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

He's the baby you hear in the album #jokes

3. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

It's not their worst album...but it's not their best either. It's really as simple as that.

4. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

all for nothing is definitely something for fast and furious. The rest of the album had the same impression that ATS had on me just surprised. it would take some time for this album to grow on me. Plus i am no way listening to this album in the morning again its a little too much for me i feel like a just woke up from a punch in the face and no i don't know what that feels like until now :lol:

5. Fcrazy08

Fcrazy08 New Member

I've been visiting this forum for quite some time, never posted but damn today i had to, this album rocks so much, it`s really the best since HT, i guess they are really back in the game this time. Just Amazing.

6. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

Man I really wish I could enjoy this album but I just can't knowing its not the "official" thing and the way its meant to be heard.

I need an official CD explicit rip

The CD is meant to be heard explicitly. Its meant to be heard in HQ. its meant to be heard with all songs flowing perfectly together but we just don't have that yet. I know it sounds picky but I'm just reallyinto hearing the music the way it was made and meant to be heard

7. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

It really depends on what context you look at the album in. Yeah, simply put, it's LP's rawest output to date. That doesn't necessarily make it cutting-edge, though. Neither would a bunch of EDM, super experimental sounds if it sounds like it's been done before or isn't catchy.

As a modern rock album, released in 2014, I give it a generous 7/10.

As an album where Linkin Park openly channels their more fist-full-of-nails side and more prominently than ever display their interpretation of their earliest influences as a collective group, translating it into an undeniable LP sound, I give it a solid 8.5/10, "Wastelands" and "Until it's Gone" being the weak links that prevent a 9 in my eyes. Every other song was great in it's own right, but had smaller, less distracting frayed ends or formulas.

8. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Well all I have to say is that I'll be buying the album come release day.

9. lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

Wow. I'm impressed. It's unexpected, and while I consider about 2 or 3 songs a bit weak, it's an awesome album. Although mark my graves words, after a few times I'll probably love all of it to no end!

By the way, does anyone know if Joe felt prominent enough in this album? I see Mike playing so many things during the concerts that I don't know what's Joe's work this time around in the record

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  10. theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

I love it too. Great song.

11. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I haven't listened to anything besides GATS and I'm holding out by tooth and nail until the physical CD is out, as I have done since Meteora. Glad everybody else is enjoying though! I'm also glad this is more or less an official "Leak" with a band-supported iTunes stream.

12. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

It sucks I mean I have the leak downloaded and listened to almost all the songs but I've been so excited for this album and now that I have it I don't even want to listen to it BC I know its not the right version. All I want is a proper leak to hold me over until I get my album in the mail. I don't get why it hasn't surfaced yet. The 192kbps is a proper CD rip just not good quality I don't get his someone hasnt ripped it from the CD in HQ yet.

The 320kbps is good quality but edited and cut wrong so it doesn't flow. Just can't win. This sucks

13. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

On my second listen through the album. Pretty damn good I think. I can't wait to listen to the CD, so I can have it at higher quality, and without those irritating breaks.

14. lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

Hopefully all the released songs (lyric videos) and the stream won't affect the sales of this record. I think the band is confident that this will only push the sales. I hope so. They deserve it!

15. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

Would have liked to hear tom morello do something along the lines of this on drawbar

http://youtu.be/n-mq0uJ7rlM

Around 6:45 is what I'm referring to, but the whole video is worth a watch.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  16. JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

Fourth time i've listened to the album. Gonna do it again once more before I fall asleep. But as of right now I enjoy every single song, except MTG. It just does not fit at all. Drawbar grew on me though so that's good!

17. Sibranex

Sibranex Member

Listened through, still processing. Kinda have the "the hell did I just listen to?!" feeling, much like when I first heard ATS fully. The first two songs brought me back to a childhood memory of playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 as the soundtrack there was similar to the style of these songs (at least to my ears).

A very fun album overall, can't wait to go on runs with it.

18. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Am I the only one not getting any breaks? Maybe it has something to do with the preorder I've registered with Carnivores tickets, or adblocker or something. But my playback so far is seamless.

19. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

This is the best Linkin Park album. The songs all seemed so different as they were coming out one by one, but the album ended up being so cohesive. Much like A Thousand Suns. But this album, by the time the chorus of Final Masquerade hits, makes makes me fully realize it for all of its beauty. Then ALITS, holy shit. This album is a lot to take in.

And Rob Bourdon.

20. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Is the 320kbps iTunes rip as good as the iTunes itself? Or is iTunes itself clearer to listen to the album?