Stream Linkin Park's The Hunting Party on iTunes in Full

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jun 9, 2014.

1. stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

It's funny how much your viewpoint illustrates the subjectivity of music.. Including your earlier post about not feeling you could relax to this.
    I'll admit upfront that I do "prefer" what I guess gets referred to as "heavy", but it's far from all I listen to. I like a pretty wide range (including things I would use for relaxation), but my favorite thing about music is when it get me excited.. Not like "punch people in a mosh pit" excited, but like.. Driving 200mph, jumping out of a plane, cliff-diving , I can fly and I'm rocketing skyward excited. I love it when I get a rush.. and then HAVE TO learn to play it.
    I also love beautiful melodies, harmonies, haunting instrumentals.. But the adrenaline rush I get from "exciting" continues to win by just a little bit even now in my late twenties. I've gravitated toward that feeling since I first fell in love with music and picked up the guitar at age 6.. It's never really diminished.

When I'm in the mood for "relaxing" I think Jack Johnson, or Andy McKee, or something really really mellow.. But even then I'd likely have a hard time ignoring it and chilling out..Even things like mellower Thrice tunes, Half Moon Run, City and Colour, folk music, or instrumental strings tend to enrapture my attention too much for me to "relax"..Music is foreground for me, never background .. It ends up grabbing my FULL attention every time.
    I would liken listening to ATS to deciding to marathon the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy.. Not 'cause my attention is short but because it's a front-to-back experience. (I can't shuffle.. almost always listen to full albums in order.. but that's merely preferential).. My point being I don't find it "chill" or relaxing, even tho it's measurably more calm than THP..

All that rambling said: I like THP. It isn't the best thing ever for me, I just like it. There isn't really anything I explicitly dislike. My only partial complaints are a few of the un-fixed
    vocal things that conflict with my engineering side.. don't dislike the overall rawness, but I'm used to being asked for polished.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

My dumbass thought that Mike was singing the chorus on All For Nothing.

3. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

AHHH!!! FUCK YOU AMERICAN EXPRESS!!!

4. BurningTheCatalyst

BurningTheCatalyst Member

Why is everyone hating on War? I love it! :)

KTTK: A+
    AFN: B
    GATS: C+
    TS: n/a
    War: B+
    Wastelands: B
    UIG: C+
    Rebellion: B+
    MTG: A
    Drawbar: C
    FM: A-
    ALITS: A

I absolutely loved this album, heard it about 4 times as well, well done lp

5. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Because they have different opinions than you? Shocking, I know.

I'd give the track a solid "Okay".

6. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I can totally understand why a lot of you don't like the album. LP did say that it would shake off a lot of listeners.

I like this album quite a bit. Some songs still have to grow on me. I love the catchy, melodic side of LP, but honestly this album is a breath of fresh air to me.

KTTK and ALITS are beast.

7. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

When I click on the link, it stays on the "One moment please" page. I can't stream it. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. thor

thor Well-Known Member

On All For Nothing is it most likely that Chester will sing Page's part, like how Mike rapped Rakim's part if they play the song live

9. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Wastelands and AFN are a nod to HT and Meteora.

Final Masquerade is a nod to MTM.

Mark The Graves is a nod to ATS(Blackout).

ALITS is a nod to LT(Victimized).

10. Marcuscorreia

Marcuscorreia New Member

I'm not listening to it until the 16th when it drops onto my iphone. I know it's gonna be epic so I have told myself that each track inc final masquerade which I haven't heard yet will be played very loud from my car when I play it for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I go onto iTunes UK and look at the magic button and know that one click will give me what I've waited 18 months to hear but then I tell myself no :) any of you in that position?

11. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

Yes man

12. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I don't hear Blackout anywhere in MTG. Nor do I hear Victimized in ALITS. At all.

13. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah, I just listend to GATS, UIG and Wastelands. When i buy the album on Friday morning, i will put the CD into the CD Player and hope it will punch me into my face :lol: I like the feeling before the storm (randomly there was a storm yesterday here in Germany :lol:) and this is why i love it to buy the album from the store.
    This will maybe TOP Hybrid Theory for me (my list at the Moment: ATS>Meteora>Hybrid Theory>>>>>Minutes To Midnight>>>LIVING THINGS). i have to wait 3 days yet :)

14. UnknownGuy

UnknownGuy Member

Love the album but i need to listen to it more times to see how much.

15. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

Dude, I'm waiting for the actual cd to come to my mail box lol.
    And when it does, im going to wait until the evening to listen to it. I will be driving up to a place which will contain an amazing view of Los Angeles. I will park my car, put the CD on, and enjoy the experience with 2 of my closest friends.

16. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

That sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome. Yeah , i have to listen to it alone :cry: :lol:

17. Francois Dillinger

Francois Dillinger Well-Known Member

I think this record really stands out for things that've been missing in LP's music for a very very long time. And the main thing is that they seem that they actually went for it this time without holding back, without playing safe and being formulaic in ways they have been in most of their past albums. That's why this album is somewhat on the same side as ATS, in terms of trying to carve a certain musical path,recreate a specific atmosphere that surrounds it. And though I found ATS failing to live up to my expectations of an experimental record and creating that very unique atmosphere they aimed for, I find THP gets that job done. And that's because the band seems more natural doing it. Everything feels more organic,truthful and unfiltered.

So, I press play and suddenly I feel like I'm in an underground gig in the late 90s, with a crowd of 500 people. I hear all these "live" moments of LP that werent present in any of the previous well-polished albums. The amount of "fuck you, I do whatever I want" in this album is pretty much one I'd expect from a band of that popularity. There's no "epic" stuff here, not the kind I'd expect from LP at least. There's that kind of guts to it. Every song is different, every song is special in its own way, except for UIG and FM, which this album can live without. That's why I could say it sounds like a more mature Hybrid Theory EP.

I dont really care writting about which songs I find specificly good or bad. The best thing about it is that it's musically honest. It's raw and surprisingly well delivered for a band that hasnt been raw since forever. It's fucking rock 'n' roll.

For the record, my favourite songs off of it are Keys To The Kingdom, Mark The Graves, Drawbar and A Line In The Sand.

18. Christos

Christos Active Member

Holy shit, I also got the Foo Fighters vibe as well. Also not getting the negative comments about MTG, I'm really liking it and doesn't seem strange to me.

And pretty much thought the same as others about ALITS (Victimized and GATS sounding), MTG sounding like Blackout and the end of Drawbar could easily be mistaken for Matt Bellamy on piano.

Also annoyed that I caved in a listened to all the singles released before the leak (well, GATS was hard to ignore, but the others I should have waited). Now I'm finding it hard to rate the songs without separating the singles from the rest.

19. mainap

mainap Well-Known Member

i still have mixed feeling about thp imo
    rebellion is awesome
    kttk is a great one to
    i also like allfornothing,uig,wastelands,alits but
    my 2 main problems are what the hell is that distorted sound Chester has in most of the song? :dafuq:
    and however they said that thp is a "heavy" album,i dont get it
    when i listen poa,figure or papercut i fell that explosive energy but now i dont
    same as LT came out 50/50 still good but not great

20. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

you got a 192rip