Linkin Park - "The Hunting Party" Full Album Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 9, 2014.

1. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

You gave them a little hint where to look for the album, while the title only states that it has leaked, but gives no single hint where to look for it.
    Though I also think it isn't really a huge difference, if people know whether the download is a torrent or not. But still, it is against the rules. :leak:

2. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

at last someone with brains! it really isn't a huge difference, people aren't stupid!

3. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I don't see the big deal. The thread title says the album has leaked. That's the biggest clue right there.

4. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

thank you, sir!

5. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Can I ask how people are pulling these numbers out of there ass?

Post 1.
    KTTK: 9/10
    All for Nothing: 4
    FM: 9/10 very powerful
    ALITS: 2 way to weak not meaningful at all.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Post 2.
    KTTK: 6/10 bad
    All for Nothing: 9/10 great song
    FM: 2/10 very weak. Needs power
    ALITS: 10/10 very strong.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  6. Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

Sure... the title is a big clue. But that's it... only a clue.
    So people have to search it on THEIR OWN and don't break the rules of a forum.
    Downloading copy-protected music is not legal and promoting links to a download on a forum could bring a lot of trouble for the forum... So stop doing that.

Regardless of that: You're long enough on this forum to know, that you can edit your posts and don't have to always make double/triple posts.

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Praydox for the win.

This man knows what's up. Read his post and study it hard.

8. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

for me at least I give 9/10 for the song that possibility as good as an anthem and the crowds can sing along in the concert :)

9. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

Overall THP is great...

My only issue with this album is the mixing... Some songs like "KTTK", "WAR", I'm having a hard time hearing what Chester is saying because the instruments are louder... I'm hoping the album version will be clearer otherwise it's a badass album!!!

10. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

Trust me it will be. All the versions out right now are all transcoded so everything sounds bassy and muffled. By Thursday the CDQ should be out then we will all have pur albums on Tuesday!

11. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

I just hope the decision to go more "raw" sounding doesn't impact the quality, but that makes perfect sense. Next Tuesday I will be jamming to this album for sure!

12. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

It doesn't effect it. I've gotten the 5 singles for pre ordered directly from Warner Bros as they were released and the quality is excellent.

13. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Don't forget the legendary mixer, Andy Wallace! I'm sure the quality will be topnotch in the final CD.

Well, for my first impression of THP is that I'm totally amazed.. Rob & Brad are the highlights on this record. I was hoping of more screaming from Chester.. I want him to scream like there's no tomorrow.... KTTK is not enough for me, it feels lacking in some elements.

14. Fernando Nuñez

Fernando Nuñez Well-Known Member

those 6 songs with screaming are not enough? damn

15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

you can noticed that there are some weak scream parts of Chester but it's no big deal since the instrumentals cover it. not enough in a sense Chester's screams were...I don't know, somehow forced? maybe... IMO. Overall, THP is an amazing record.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  16. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Okay I've sat the past 2 days and played through it three times. My Opinions:

Keys to the Kingdom: When it started I was already in hype mode. The song is great, although felt a little flat thinking it was INSANELY heavy like reviews made it out to be. Nonetheless still happy with it. Going to be a great pump up song live for sure! 8/10

All for Nothing: I freaking love Mr. Shinoda on this track! He kills the verses in my opinion. Chorus is cool, it's my first time hearing anything with Paige Hamilton. 8/10

The Summoning: Interlude, kind of random. Wasn't expecting much out of this one. 4/10

War: This is short, but works so well. Couldn't help but smile while listening. 9/10

Wastelands: This feels like a traditional LP song to me, not a bad thing by any means. Fun to rock out. 7/10

Rebellion: This track is on fire! I'm a big System of a Down fan and huge LP song so I had huuuge hopes for this and it did not let me down! 10/10

Mark the Graves: I have no idea what to say about this one at one point I'm like 'Oh hey, it's the slow son....wait heavy..oh slow...HEAVY..confused!' 6/10

Drawbar: I don't understand why people don't like this track. I love the cinematic feel I get from this. Especially the 'Final Masquerade' piano lead in. Sounds beautiful. Wanted more of it. Wish Morello had more of a 'feature.' 8/10

Final Masquerade: This song honestly gave me chills first listen. So good! 10/10

A Line in the Sand: Closing out the album with power! Heck yeah this is by far the best track in my opinion. Such a JAM! 10/10

THE HUNTING PARTY: 8/10​

Side Notes:

Really like the random interludes. Very prominent in the album, but aren't annoying,
    Mike's singing is awesome.
    This album never stops with power.
    I think I'm in love with an album.
    Mixing seem a little weird though.
    LP should continue this route.

17. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Let's make one thing clear. The Hunting Party completely strangles the life out of Living Things and its partner, Recharged. It does so in the most brutal of ways and is completely unforgiving. It does the same to any naysayers who ever claimed that the band have lost their edge and could never go back to being heavy again. The Hunting Party straps you into a visceral roller coaster of noise that only lets you catch your breathe once or twice before shooting off into hell again. Linkin Park have, once again, completely redone their style and rediscovered themselves as musicians and song writers. I am ranking this as the second most impressive album ever done by the band, right behind A Thousand Suns. Brad and Rob have finally come out to play and they completely steal the spotlight for the entire ride. If you went back in time and had me listen to something like Keys to the Kingdom or War in a time when I was listening to a Linkin Park song like Iridescent or Roads Untraveled, I would have never believed that it was the same band. In a time where indie music is dominating rock radio, Linkin Park has come out with their most unexpected and just purely awesome record to date. Strap in. Here we go.

1. Keys To The Kingdom - We are wasting no time here, folks. The opener to the album kicks your teeth in right off the bat, with Chester screaming in a way he never has before. We kick straight into a riff that would make heavy metal fans bang their heads. This is one of the band's heaviest songs to date; most definitely the heaviest chorus. Rob punishes his drum kit while Brad shreds a true guitar solo for one of the first times ever. This will get the pits moving for sure. Mike singing over the final chorus really makes this song. Couldn't ask for a better song to start this thing off. Now hang on tight, because we're just getting started.

2. All For Nothing - This song does a great job of carrying on the energy unleashed from KTTK. Mike jumps on board and lets loose some filthy rap verses. The "1,2,3,4!" before every chorus is definitely a highlight. Bound to be an anthem for the band live. I find the chorus to be very lacking here though. Page Hamilton doesn't have too gripping of a voice and the chorus itself sounds much too generic. Luckily the energy carries this song all the way through. The song ends with you hearing "Put the heavy shit there." "The heavy shit right here?" Now you know that it's time to get really serious.

3. Guilty All The Same - Here it is. The core of this album and a representation of all that it stands for. This is Linkin Park at their best and my personal favorite song off this record. We are treated to over a minute and a half of an introduction (and a hell of an introduction it is!) before Chester does his first singing on this album. He is raspy and ready to rock. The riff is infectious and will stick with you all day. Nobody can resist banging their head to this jam. The bridge really breaks it down here and the band goes into full jam session mode while Rakim unleashes some of the best rap lines I have ever heard. His flow is all over the place and there is no way of knowing where he's going next. We kick back into the chorus (which you can probably sing along to at this point) before the song goes out with a BANG with thrashy drums and a blistering guitar solo. This is definitely "the heavy shit".

4. The Summoning - Take a quick breath and try to process what just kicked your ass. This is an instrumental but it definitely will not let you rest for long. This track is one big build up that lets you know that something HUGE is about to happen. Perfect precursor to the skull fucking you're about to receive.

5. War - Linkin Park goes full punk on this fast paced heart attack of a song. Rob completely tears up the entire song with Chester shouting all over the place. This will cause heavy damage in the mosh pits. Brad shows up to do work in his best guitar solo to date for the bridge. This song takes no prisoners and lets you know that Linkin Park is ready to shred. If you're still alive after this song, get ready for...

6. Wastelands - The riff for this song will definitely get the place jumping. Mike has his best raps of the entire album on this. Chester sings the catchiest chorus off the album as well. The synth in the background of this track really makes it stand out. It is a very safe song for the band but still holds its ground firmly and never lets the onslaught that is The Hunting Party falter in the slightest.

7. Until It's Gone - The inevitable hit single off of the album, the song starts in the most classic Linkin Park way imaginable, except that there's something a bit different. This song is infinitely more a wall of noise than hits like Burn It Down or New Divide. Lots of stuff going on in the background of this song. The most simple lyrics of the record, perhaps even of the band's whole career. Even this song doesn't let the energy fade for one second. Rob stands out yet again with some of his best drumming on here. This is a giant anthem that will have the crowds singing along for sure. The ending truly brings it all home. Huge production for this song.

8. Rebellion - This is a Linkin Park song with a System of a Down riff, which is of course thanks to actual SOAD guitarist Daron Malakian supplying said riff. Don't get me wrong though, that is a very good thing. This is the new BOUNCE song. Nobody will be able to resist jumping around to this jam. Mike sings and carries us through the best lyrics on the album. Chester lets loose some of his best screams on the chorus, which bring to mind other memorable Chester scream bridges like Given Up. One of the best of the album.

9. Mark The Graves - This song is really all over the place. It goes fast, it goes slow, it goes heavy, it goes soft; it is EVERYWHERE. Phoenix has finally arrived on a Linkin Park album with one of, if not the best bass track of the band's career. This song features another long intro that shows off a lot. A constantly changing guitar part that is accompanied by Rob's drumming that is also constantly changing before finally settling into a nice groove that Chester sings over. Really really really great harmonies happening between Chester and Mike on this song. The bass line stays with you long after the song ends. And yet ANOTHER guitar solo finds its home here to showcase Brad. The drumming here really gets you grooving as well. Easily the most unique song on the album.

10. Drawbar - Tom Morello brings a haunting mood to this piano driven instrumental. Now is truly the time to catch your breath and relax for a couple minutes before we end this album. The piano builds up perfectly to the next song.

11. Final Masquerade - We have arrived at some of the best singing ever recorded by Chester to date. Really different sounding than anything he's done. This is the ballad of the album, but make no mistake, it's far from boring or slow. This is a true highlight of the album and the lyrics and emotions that run through it will stick with you. THIS is how you write a slower song. It completely shoves others like Roads Untraveled, Iridescent, Shadow Of The Day, ect. right out the window. Brad's guitar tone really sells it here. Great stuff.

12. A Line In The Sand - We have reached the grand finale to the record. It was quite a ride. We had ups, downs, loops, and complete drops. The closing track of The Hunting Party begins with a slow build. The sound of a thunderstorm rolls in and the ambience settles with Mike delivering some of his best singing to date. Truly chilling. Don't get too uncomfortable though. Rob arrives to pick up the pace one last time and then the guitars kick in, borrowing the sounds from every song so far to make a forceful, driving riff that carries the rest of the song. Guilty All The Same returns in a big way, bringing the album full circle. Chester unleashes some final screams for the chorus and Mike raps over a piano just to make sure that every base is covered. Just when you think it's over, Brad switches it up and he and Rob start jamming huge. The atmosphere definitely lets you know that this is the end. The song goes out in a huge way, with wailing loud guitars and drums over Chester screaming his lungs out. The final notes are of Mike reprising his singing from the intro and we're left in the wake of the destruction that this album has left us.

I love this album and I could not be more proud of my favorite band for making it. This is exactly what the world currently needed.

18. Vic

Vic No game no life

I agree in everything you said man, proud to be a LP fan honestly. :bow:

19. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

I love reading your review, its really fun to read, thank you :)

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Cookie, your review was great but it didn't need to be posted in two threads as that's technically spam. In the future, please try not to duplicate the same post in multiple threads. Pick one and stick to it :lol:.