Linkin Park Premiere "Until It's Gone" Music Video on Facebook

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Jun 11, 2014.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

OMG I CAME!

lp_ostri

lp_ostri Active Member

I dont like music videos but this is quiet good

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

It is what it is, not a lot new here, a performance based video with some decent effects to help illustrate the mood/theme that the band are aiming to convey with THP. I do like the song and this video helps boost it further atmospherically, so that's good, however the lyrical theme of the song seems completely unconnected to the video.

Personally my favourite era of LP videos were some of the unofficial one's that they made for Reanimation, some trippy stuff there lol.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Songs won't always connect with the video, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. What have the upside down ninjas have to do with One Step Closer? What does that gigantic flying whale have to do with In The End? With those there are thousands of videos from many artists whose videos don't have an evident connection with their songs.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Oh man, if even the music videos begin to be good.... THP :wub:

I'd have prefered another theme-color though. Blue - black would have worked better than white - grey -black in my opinion. But otherwise, very cool, especially the bridge!

Forfeit to Break

I agree, and in fact most of LP's videos don't have an evident connection with their songs, what I meant was that I generally get more out of videos that do, unless their epically awesome and have upside down ninjas or flying whales. Those 2 videos are fucking awesome. I would love to see LP to return to epic videos like that, whether they make sense or not.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

About the video:
    It is better than LITE
    Good video

About marketing:
    This pre-album cycle really sucked
    It started great
    with GATS
    The 2 months gap with a lot of interviews (wich were the same over and over again)but generated hype
    the premiere of UIG and its lyric video (wich is also good IMO)

and then all started to get out of control after the night mike throwed those cds with wastelands
    that was the moment to culminate the hype camapin

I mean 3 songs in one week? Wastelands, Rebellion, FM
    and a itunes stream wich was unannounced- not promoted until the very day of the stream
    add the leaking coming the same day, i mean its almost obvious that the album was going to leak that day
    the stream should ve been the sunday (besides sundays were the days to release big anouncements during this campain)
    and now another UIG video to confuse casual audience

Why i m saying all this shit
    because with other strategy this video could have caused a lot of impact with the audience
    Right now im a litlle bit meh about the video
    and i believe some of you too

Edit:
    I want LP to obtain their 5th in a row number one debut at charts

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Hello to everyone! i'm new in this fantastic forum. I love it so much the hunting party, I think that it's an incredible album. By the way, the official video of Until it's Gone it's great! but in my opinion, they are other songs that transmit much better the essence of CD.

PD: I'm from Spain and my english is not so good, sorry :p

hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

Definitely something open to personal interpretation, but there were several areas where the images presented in the silhouettes dealt with personal relationships or situations depicting loss. Woman waking up alone, man in a hospital bed, guy rushing out to a car (which presumably hit someone?)...all a matter of contextual perspective I guess.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Typical of you :shinado:

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Easily the best LP music video made to date in my opinion.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

The music video is pretty good. I like it. It's a shame that the song is so bad though. I will hardly watch it because of the song itself.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 1.17.40 PM.png

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

Cool video! I like it. I came up with a great idea for another video for the Hunting Party.

It will take place in the ice age. All the members of LP will be cavemen tracking and hunting down a mammoth which will be done in CGI. The Cavemen (LP members) are the "carnivores". The are the "Hunting Party". The mammoth will represent current mainstream music like Lil Wayne and Bieber. Towards the end of the video, the cavemen will take down the mammoth which is current mainstream music. I think this video idea will be epic.

Forfeit to Break

Fuck Hunting a mammoth. Just track and hunt down Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber. That would be a cool video.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Andreina, please. The flying whale in the video of In The End is clearly tied to the song, it's so obvious!!!
    Chester is standing on this huge tower, while Mike raps on dry ground suddenly getting green again, while this whale is flying by unimpressed by the whole scenery.
    It is surrounded by a mystery aura of altruism, even sportsmanship and floccinaucinihilipilification for the singers, implying hope and ice tea.
    But this is only the ostensible interpretation, which lays the foundation for the final meaning.

Ultimately the band wants to show us this one thing: Despite this deep scenery open to interpretation and helpful for self-discovery, one thing stands out:

In the end, it doesn't even matter.

Cely

Cely Active Member

I think the color scheme it's to match the visual identity of the album cover. I really like the video btw.

The visual arts of this album has been incredible, the cover, the photoshoot's concept and the show's visuals (especially the Joe's solo) has been amazing to see until now. It's my favorite "art cicle" so far. Well done guys :awesome:

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

For a second I thought that this was the new opening for True Detective Season 2.

The video is cool though, much better than LITE.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I want whatever you're having.

RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

I'm telling you right now man, I work in a building with almost 100 employees and have many friends there, many that I discuss music with on a regular basis. None of them listen to Linkin Park regularly, none of them even knew Living Things was an album and most of them haven't heard anything from them since HT/Meteora except scattered radio singles. Filling the airwaves with 4 new singles from the new album from this new... wait this is Linkin Park. That's how you market your new sound.

If all those other things had to fall into place for you to like "the video" then I just think you didn't like the video. :bradwink: