Linkin Park Premiere "Until It's Gone" Music Video on Facebook

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Jun 11, 2014.

1. JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

BTW

on a side note,

Am I the only one thats missing the studio making of? Are they even still doing that?

2. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Yeah they recorded everything they were doing in the studio, I also miss it and am patiently waiting for it to come out. Would be awesome to hear some demos in there and some riffs they worked on:)

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fuck, no.

4. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

"Days Go By", anyone?

[video=youtube;Y5Zy2GkWVFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Zy2GkWVFs[/video]

5. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Someone with a ton of twitter presence please tweet this to Mshinoda.

Also, you should submit that to the album inspired art contest.

Also, LMFAO

6. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I wouldn't have known wtf was happening in the video with the black oozing stuff without Hahn's quote. I don't think his idea was executed too well though. :lol:

I definitely see the True Detective intro comparision here too. Decent video.

7. Dave

Dave Try the ketchup! Please.

I guess no video for GATS? I would have preferred a better song to choose for the debut video of the album. My choice would have been Wastelands, catchy as hell and radio friendly.

I do like this video, and I find Chester's go to mannerisms pretty funny.

8. marcleo

marcleo Active Member

Is it just me or does the last part of the video look like life after death? I mean it ends with someone dying on a bed then when the interlude at the end starts we see some sort of white light, almost like the light people say they see when they almost died and then we hear the baby sound which might be a new born baby. Anyone else thought of this?

I miss those old lp videos like from the inside, in the end etc but really cool video btw

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Never thought of this.

10. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Mind. Blown. I now believe there is a purpose for all of those random interludes on the album.

11. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Just read what Joe Hahn had to say about the video and what it means. What a load of bull :lol:

That's basically my main problem with the music videos of these guys, most of the time you can't really grasp what the concept is behind it. More often than not, there's so much shit going on that you don't have a clue. This video looked like it was focused on "loss" while it's about their music and its place in the music industry. Jesus :lol:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Best video in a long time.

13. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Guilty All The Same had the animated Spark video or whatever it was as its official video.

I don't know that Wastelands, Rebellion or Final Masquerade are official singles just yet. Guilty All The Same was and Until It's Gone is, and it looks like Final Masquerade will be eventually. To be honest, outside of the first single or two, I don't know that it will really matter. Singles are designed for radio play. Linkin Park has already said it doesn't know if this album will make it too far on the radio. Their best bet is just to do whatever they want on the internet.

That would mean they don't have to do traditional singles and can do videos for whichever tunes they feel deserve it rather than just as promotional tools.

14. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Nah, you're thinking about it the wrong way. The plot of the video was definitely about loss and the lyrics of the song in general. At the same time, the visual setting they were in symbolised the music industry. That can easily work if you ask me. As long as the two elements don't conflict with each other.

15. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i only watched this video for the first time today, and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed it. i wasn't too sure about this track at first but i think i'm starting to appreciate it a lot more.