Linkin Park Offering Digital Download of Hybrid Theory Performed Live from Download 2014 w/ The Hunt

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 12, 2014.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It appears that Linkin Park have updated The Hunting Party album packages as LPA user MKH spotted an addition to The Hunting Party Deluxe Edition purchase page on linkinpark.com. According to the product description, for a limited time if you buy the album from the website, you will now get a digital download of Linkin Park performing Hybrid Theory in full at the 2014 Download Festival that is scheduled to happen this Saturday, June 14th. All of the bundles on the official website include the digital download and there is also a digital bundle with just the The Hunting Party and Hybrid Theory Live at Download 2014.

[​IMG]

I guess if you needed another reason to buy the album from the official website this is it, as not only will you get the exclusive CD packaging with the 36 page art booklet with lyrics, which isn't included in the standard CD / CD + DVD jewel case editions available in retail stores, you'll also get this cool little bonus too. Offer is only valid until June 22nd and will be delivered on or before August 12th.

Source: Linkin Park Store via MKH

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

WOO! Fantastic! I hope this means that those who have already pre-ordered it from Linkinpark.com also get it.... We no doubt will.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered when it first was available, hopefully everyone who did the same will get this.

Gibs

We also got Wastelands, Rebellion, AND Final Masquerade, and those where never part of the original package. Those who already pre-ordered it will get it.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I think this may just be a new thing today because I got another email about my order information today even though I pre-order it on the website when it was first available.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I would totally get it if it were a physical CD package, but that wouldn't be available for a little longer for them to produce CD's of a show that is just 3 days before the album's release. I plan on buying the CD in stores on the 17th but hopefully there is a CD of Download '14

wolfboy

wolfboy Active Member

Wait, I thought it was confirmed that the Deluxe Edition (non jewel case version) was also going to be available in retail stores?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

A physical CD + DVD combo of the performance would be a must-buy.

Also, *Crossing fingers for HIGH VOLTAGE

Joe

No idea to be honest. Management told us that both versions were going to be available. They then back-tracked and told us that both versions might not be available in store after all. All I know is that the images I've seen today from CD's that have been sent out have all been jewel case editions that include the mini-booklet without lyrics.

Gibs

I got sent it again too, but why does that make you think we won't get it? The new package offers all 5 singles, ones I've already received, even though they were not announced initially. If you pre-ordered it before the supposed deadline, you will probably get it.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

The retail version (I ordered the Special Edition with the DVD on Amazon) doesn't include a proper booklet with lyrics? That would be a pity!
    I would've loved to buy the CD at LP.com, but the shipping was kinda expensive (~ 8 dollars in Germany).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Joe

No, neither the CD or CD+DVD edition has a booklet with lyrics. It has a booklet with artwork but it doesn't include lyrics. You can see some images of it here.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Buzzing for this. Can't wait.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

At least it has some cool artwork. I think I can live with this... (Thanks for the link!)

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Is there anyway you guys can ask management if those who preordered already will get the download as well?

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Is there going to be a documentary or anything for this album? I kinda thought it was going to be part of a CD package but I haven't seen anything about that.

wolfboy

wolfboy Active Member

Ahh, oh well. I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but I bit the bullet and just ordered the deluxe from the website. Dang, friggin' almost $30 for this album after shipping, 2x more expensive than buying it in stores! No clue why they couldn't just retail it like they've done in the past.

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Cannot wait for Saturday!!!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

good thing i pre ordered :)

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Only if you buy THP? This just killed all my hype.

:(

I can't buy this separately?

Also, I assume these are just going to be the Hybrid Theory tracks and not the whole show?