Final Masquerade Music Video In Production, Being Directed by Mark Pellington

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 24, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

7/3 - THIRD UPDATE: In a previous update where we linked to the casting director's Facebook page, an actors wanted ad was posted asking for a "crying baby" for use in the video. We have received two new set photos from an anonymous source that appear to show this scene being filmed. You may view them below.
    [thumb]http://oi57.tinypic.com/nxpead.jpg[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://oi58.tinypic.com/1z2dauq.jpg[/thumb]

6/26 - SECOND UPDATE: LPA Member tripleh3lix shared a link today to a Tumblr account "nuvola-grigia" that shows what seem to be legitimate photos from the set of the music video for Final Masquerade. While the original source of the photos remains unknown, the photos clearly include some of the band members - including Mike, Joe, Rob and Chester. You can view the photos here and here. We've shared a few below.

[thumb]http://37.media.tumblr.com/203fbf3c68b652b878b8f42d9395f87a/tumblr_n7sk1jQ7611tqggxdo6_1280.jpg[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://37.media.tumblr.com/29dbc99bddc4c31d79a3393aee778a63/tumblr_n7sjvuxRfk1tqggxdo2_1280.jpg[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://31.media.tumblr.com/309912e6ce2a19e1872145502f34e5b4/tumblr_n7sjvuxRfk1tqggxdo6_1280.jpg[/thumb]

UPDATE:
    The video is for Final Masquerade, and is being directed by Mark Pellington. You can view more information here. In addition, Mark has confirmed this via his twitter account. Original story follows below:

Although nothing is officially confirmed by the band as of this point; one of our visitors who is currently employed by a casting agency in Los Angeles (but has asked to remain anonymous) has emailed us over two screenshots of a 'Actors Wanted' casting ad by Linkin Park that suggests the band may be planning to film a music video today in the Los Angeles area. While there are no further details as to what song this music video is for, the ad does mention the name of a prominent Casting Director within the Los Angeles area, thus adding to the potential legitimacy of these rumors.

Furthermore, the ad also states that the plot of the music video will be 'exploring the concept of 'beauty' and how it's false standards effects us as a society'. Because we can't get this verified by management just yet, we are cautiously approaching this as an 'unverified rumor' until more information becomes available.

Take a look at the screenshots below, and be sure to let us know your thoughts/opinions in our forums!

Update Looks like this is all but confirmed as the casting director for this shoot has put a post up on his official Facebook looking for actors (thanks to @shnoise on twitter for the tip): https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=706330399434072&id=247184568681993

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/062414-071152_casting1.JPG[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/062414-071246_casting2.JPG[/thumb]

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Hmm! Judging by the description, it's probably for Final Masquerade.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Final Masquerade?

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

If this is legit, I hope - and I think - it's for Final Masquerade.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I love FM but come on. For an album marketed as "visceral" and their "hardest album to date" both singles so far have been ballards!

Derek

If it helps, I googled the place the anonymous person works for, and it's a legit casting agency located in LA. The only reason I refrained from name dropping said person is because they weren't sure if revealing who they work for would get them in trouble with their place of employment, as this kinda stuff isn't normally meant to just be released. Add it to the fact that the casting director they name is a big time casting director in the LA area, and this is likely 100% legit.

We just won't make that claim because management hasn't said anything so we're treating it as unverfied till then :lol:

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I think the last advertisement-free, non-overly-graphics'd, non-gimmicky, music video I've liked of Linkin Park's must have been The Catalyst. Final Masquerade makes perfect sense for the next single + music video. I hope they don't fuck it up.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Sounds like a cool concept. Will see how it turns out to be.

jason_a

jason_a such linkin, much park

Is that for Final Masquerade?

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

It's War

Derek

The plot of that video kind of doesn't go with the lyrics of War. Just saying :lol:.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

It's clearly The Wizard Song.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It's obviously The Summoning :kappa:

---

No but seriously, the only fitting song with a theme like that is Final Masquerade. I think.

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

It should be rebellion it would be awesome as fuck

Derek

Rebellion COULD work. Because the song lyrically is about our self-obsession and how we focus so much on our #firstworldproblems when there are people on the other side of the world suffering, and who don't know what it's like to have the things we have. Lyrically, that can apply to false standards of beauty too I suppose.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Rebellion is what came into my mind when I read the description.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Really? No one thinks that for a visceral album that the 2 softest songs are singles?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

If it's real and it's for Final Masquerade, then it's a 85% chance it will performed live.

I'm looking at you, Powerless.

Derek

Even though it's not as visceral a song, I am definitely assuming it to be FM as well. Just cause of the 'scars begin to fade' line, and the plot discussing standards of beauty etc etc. If only we could figure out where in LA this is being shot so someone could sneakily find out which song :awesome:.

omin0us

omin0us Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat...

I hope it's Rebellion. It definitely sounds more one place than FM.