If you were to make changes to THP, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by tripleh3lix, Jun 30, 2014.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

- Add a double drum bass for Rob
    - Give Tom Morello a bit of guitar action on Drawbar, but Mike did said that he wants to collaborate with him again at some point.

- Add Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) as a special guest. Maybe they can invite him for their next album.
    - More turntable scratches from Joe

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

seems so.

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he has one. There are a few sections of songs (parts of GALS, especially the end, the main beat for War, a couple part of ALITS I think) that would be near impossible to do with a single drum pedal.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

Gonna check videos of them live while playing GATS on Youtube and see if Rob used a double bass.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Y'know. I can listen to it, but I prefer not to.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I'm loving MTG now, but I really feel the song could have been so much better. I've woken up, so really CBF elaborating right now though.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Get Until It's Gone off the album. Make All For Nothing and Wastelands heavier or take them out too. Replace all 3 songs with heavier shit.

"We were worried some songs might be too heavy." - Actual quote from a promo video. Fuck outta here.

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

i would take 3 more years to make it. i dont like how rushed this and LT are

KTTK could be longer and more experimental, with a badass bridge
    AFN just sucks, i would replace it
    GATS could be shorter, or use all the 5 mins of it in a better way, i would change the chorus, the vocals as a whole, and the intro too
    War could be more screamed and less punk. i would take a metal approach on this one, i just cant like punk, its so silly and dumb
    Wastelands would be replaced, or completely change it into a different direction.
    UIG would be longer and have a more TLTGYA vibe, with different lyrics and heavier instrumental. or be replaced too
    rebellion would be longer and have a new hook or a more intense chorus
    MTG could be longer, and have better lyrics, a longer chorus and a more substantial outro, instead of just aimless screams and a weird solo
    drawbar would be longer, like really long, a 9 min long instrumental with that dark and "sad" mood, with a increasing intensity that would end where it started, and then going into FM
    FM i wouldnt change it, maybe make it less repetitive and give it a darker mood
    ALITS would have a completely different "heavy" part and chorus, different lyrics and different vocals. maybe no rap

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

- Extend the interludes in between tracks
    - Bring Chester's voice into the forefront
    - Have Chester experiment and showcase the variety of screams he's harbored for over 14 years in the group as opposed to the exact same scream throughout THP.
    - Throw out 'Until It's Gone' and replace with something akin to 'I Have Not Begun', going full-on hip hop.
    - Have Daron sing prominently in 'Rebellion'.

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Keep Drawbar+FM. Throw out their 10 retarded brothers and sisters. Start from scratch.

Edit: And as @outcastboy said - take as much time as it's needed. Don't rush it. We need quality, not quantity.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I would change the title of the album from The Hunting Party to LINKIN PARK

Carnivore

Carnivore Well-Known Member

Erase The Summoning from existence.

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Shame. Shame. Shaaaaaaaaammmmmmmme.

Actually this isn't a half bad idea. I would support this for sure.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Oh boy.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Absolutely not.

If there is an album by the band that would have been fitting to name Linkin Park, it's LIVING THINGS. Why? Because the album represents everything the band do.

:lol:

"What I've Done" is fine. "IN MY REMAINS, "BURN IT DOWN" and "I'LL BE GONE" are fine. "Until It's Gone" is not.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The mixing's horrible. The lyrics are horrible. The guitar is just as in about any of their songs of the past 14 years. The drums are awesome. The synth is awesome. It's probably the best on the album, vocally (just vocal performance, not lyrics.) It's a good song, imo.

Yurieff

Yep. I ADORE everything they have put out, including Living Things and A Light That Never Comes that oftenly get bashed here. But THP is the first disappointment for me since I am a fan. Such a shame.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Have Chester do the chorus on AFN, get rid of UIG and War (these are the only 2 i skip everytime), add more songs like MTG and ALITS. Rebellion of FM are good. The rest of the songs are just ok.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

... Seriously? :rolleyes:

I see no explanation behind this other than you being a hard rock hater in general. You hated the direction LP took before even hearing the record if I remember correctly.

However, whatever is your opinion about that kind of stuff, I think "retarted" is not an appropriated term to describe music. At all.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Yurieff

I called it. I didn't like the whole concept behind THP and the result itself didn't blow my mind either. In my most optimistic expectations I wanted THP to have Muse-level guitar delivery for example. Yet most of the riffs are close to what we hear in Meteora. Sure, they are better, but nothing extraordinary. To me this album feels forced. It's like they knew that they must do it this way, not that they wanted to do it this way. Rob and Mike did amazing job, but Chester is weaker than ever. As Astat said - FM is in their top 5 of all time. All For Nothing is awesome.. But nothing we haven't heard of. Until It's Gone would've been a 10/10 song if it wasn't so repetitive and the mix wasn't so muddy. Guilty All The Same just needs another vocal take, because Chester is awful in the beginning of the first verse. War is the only song by them I hate with passion. 'Retarded brothers and sisters' sure was an unappropriated joke, apologies for that, but still.. There is not a single portion of a song in this album that I find myself repeating 4-5 times before I move on to the next song (for example: Synth solo in 'Robot Boy', vocal glitching in 'Blackout', Mike's part in 'In My Remains', the whole second verse in 'Until It Breaks', the bridge of 'Given Up' and etc.). I am a die-hard fan since mid-2007. When both ATS and LT came out I was listening only to them for like 1-2 months. Literally nothing else. But I lost my interest in THP even before it was officially released. I listen to it front-to-back only when I workout, because it has that agressive energy.

THP is (sadly) a weak album IN MY OPINION. Everyone has it's own opinion, I love that so much people give it possitive feedbacks, but it's not my cup of tea.