What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

What Ive Done :kappa:

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This "what do you expect from a Transformers film bro?" argument is so fucking lame. Like Gib'N Up said, there are many films that are targeted at kids but still manage to be great at the same time.

I guess some people are desensitized to the Bay-fication of the franchise so they don't care anymore. But that's no reason to call people out for criticizing the films. Take away the funky CGI and you have nothing else to hold the films up with. Michael Bay's uninspired/TV ad style direction, "humor", characters and unnecessarily contrived plots are the reasons why I hate this franchise.

3. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

not really. it's true. i got through the movie this time (without a damn blackout) and whilst i agree with the most of the shit people are saying about it, there is absolutely no need to bash the fuck outta this. it was long af, i felt cheated because [spoilers] Galvatron and most of the other transformers were not even genuine, but rather some new coded element garbage. but i've seen it, and with that will not need to watch it again. sure i'll jump on the obvious TF5 but damn, y'all motherfuckers expect way too much.

4. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I really don't expect a whole lot. Godzilla didn't have a lot to offer in the way of character development and acting (Aaron Taylor at least). BUT, it was well paced, had interesting direction choices and the fight scenes didn't look like something out of a car commercial. Same goes for Pacific Rim.

5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Here's a thought: if you know the new Transformers is unintelligent crap, don't see it. If someone makes you see 165 minutes of unintelligent crap, then I hope you get laid afterwards.

6. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol you keep saying we expect too much. I don't expect jack shit at this point. I even expect them and to projectile vomit mindless nonsense right in my face. From a better movie I would expect someone put effort into it. Not from this. As Gib and Agent said, you can have those things that you go to see transformers for and also have decent writing. My Little Pony has better writing than Transformers :lol:

7. hawk

i must say, Bay really fucking threw that Imagine Dragons song down our throat. it's a good song no doubt, i like it, but damn they overplayed that way too much and had it playing during the weirdest parts.

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Have you ever even seen a Transformers movie? Dark of the Moon played Iridescent somewhere around 6-8 times, and New Divide was incorporated into the damn score of Revenge of the Fallen! :lol: I haven't seen Age of Extinction, but that really shouldn't be surprising.

9. hawk

the first one was fine. the second was blended in well but yeah man, TF3 and TF4 really drive it home :lol:

10. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I don't think T4 deserves so much hate, I haven't enjoyed a Transfomers movie this much since the first one. I'd give it a solid 7.

11. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Still a better song than New Divide.

12. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Opinions.

13. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It could be if they weren't sellouts! :kappa:

This is a joke, please let us not start that conversation again lol

14. Filip

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 5/5 - Holy crap I love these Spiderman movies. I get that this one has it's flaws, but damn, it was so enjoyable to watch. I'm not a movie critic, I'm just rating it this way 'cause I loved seeing it. When the [spoilers] Max Dillon dude transforms into Electro, with the burned body falling apart it looked like something straight out of a Linkin Park video. :lol:

Emma Stone - 7/5 - Hory shet this girl. She is so damn beautiful. I'm just waiting for Robert now. Also, [spoilers] OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOD WHYYYYY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HOW WILL I WATCH PART 3 NOW?!

15. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:sheldon:

16. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Kill Bill Vol. 1 - 4/5

The thing I've notice from the few Quentin Tarantino movies I've seen, is that they never hold back anything. Be it super gory fights or witty dialogue, they never feel censored in anyway. The movie had interesting story telling and some pretty great shots throughout. Definitely worth re-watching

17. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Cool Hand Luke - 4/5

Such a damn good movie. Was waiting for "what we've got here is a failure to communicate..." for quite a while. Paul Newman kicks ass with his smile alone. Though it was hard to sit through his 50 eggs challenge without feeling a little sick :p

18. Filip

How To Train Your Dragons 2 - 1/5 - Uhhhhh. Whaaat? I fell asleep.

19. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

They totally expected it to make huge numbers, but it's looking to be a disappointment!

20. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The Guinea Pig 4: Mermaid in a Manhole 10/10- Let me fill you on this god damn cinematic masterpiece. So painter dude is just fucking chilling in the sewer, right? NBD. All of sudden he finds this motherfucking mermaid. First thought? I gotta draw this bitch! So he starts drawing and this shit is gonna be the next God damn Starry Night. But out of nowhere these motherfucking boils pop up. Bitch be freaking out. So fucking Michaelangelo here takes her home and puts her in his fucking tub. Genius, I know. So he's gonna paint the shit out of this mermaid, but he ain't got no fucking paint. Bitch be like "just use my fucking multicolored boil pus!" Dude is freaking out, she's like "don't be a God damn pussy. Fucking cut me." So dude cuts her and she starts putting this shit into cups. He's painting, getting this shit ready for the Louvre, when out of fucking nowhere, worms start bustin' out this bitches boils. She's hurling the shit up everywhere. Dude, ain't gonna stop now. He's got millions on that fucking canvas. So he's painting but this fucking mermaid starts dying. Next step? You guessed it. Hack that bitch up. He's the doing the dirty deed, when wait a minute. Twist. Who's directing this shit? M. Night Shyamalan? Bitch is fucking pregnant. Now just when shit is starting to get weird, neighbors come up and bust the fucking party. Now... Are you still fucking reading this? Why aren't you watching this shit RIGHT FUCKING NOW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.