OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Wizardofozil, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Ok, last night's game was the first game I watched in a bar. And I'm so glad I did. The atmosphere was just so awesome. Everyone was rooting for Germany. On the first two goals everyone was excited. On the third people began mocking the Brazilians. You can imagine what happened by the seventh. :lol: I'm so glad Germany won.

2. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

[video=youtube;RLZUKqpXYzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZUKqpXYzU[/video]

And the internet goes wild!

3. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Arguably one of the best videos / GIFs there is out there. :lol:

4. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Hahahaha.

Yeah, yesterday was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I wore my germany shirt as I've done in each game this World Cup and watched the game at the office (since we literally had NOTHING to do), and I celebrated the most the 2nd goal because it was Klose who did it, I'm so happy he broke that record.

I knew Brazil was not that strong, we all knew that but also NOBODY expected the game to unfold that way, it was so perfect, everything went Germany's way, in the 2nd goal you see how a pass was intercepted but the ball kept going and then the 2nd goal came, as well as all the Neuer saves, you just knew it was going to happen.

Germany needs one more game, this is the most important of all, 12 years later, I hope everything turns out right.

5. Breno9712

Breno9712 Active Member

Oh man, I hope we can get at least the third place. :(

6. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

7. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

if argentina wins today and we take Netherlands. they will rape our team just like germany did, and they are much more offensive than the germans

8. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

At least the game is over yet :lol: Why did the game has to be so boring the whole time? The last 30 mins was interesting thought. Noone could take theire chances :lol:

Argentina will be not easy, but i am ok with it. Netherlands would just be more bering i think.

9. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Romero !!! HA I would never expect anything like that from him. He has been very good in this World Cup. I'm sorry for Robben though, I really like him.

I'm glad Argentina is on the final. Now I really have no idea who I want to win it. I like both and they were always the teams I wanted to win it since the beginning (Plus Uruguay too). I would love to see Messi winning it, but after yesterday's match I don't know. Germany deserves it and it would be devastating for them to have five 2nd places, especially after scoring 7 goals on Brazil at Brazil in a semi-final.

Well, I will be happy with any of them winning it anyway.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  10. Vic

Vic No game no life

Meh, I'm really not pleased with this result. Argentina was weak in all matches and they didn't do anything special in this World Cup. Netherlands played very bad today also.

11. Andreina

If Argentina wins it it'll be very unfair and it'll go down in history as the biggest fluke in sports. No superiority whatsoever' unable to score, and over reliant on one player. I am so nervous for the Final.

12. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Time to crush some germans. This is it, after 24 years.

13. outcastboy

exactly, it will be very unfair if argentina beat germany

14. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Hopefully they move the 2022 cup to the USA :p

15. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I don't know why people say it's unfair. Look at it this way, folks. Some of the best teams in the World Cup have been unable to score on Argentina - much in the fashion of the Greeks of Euro Cup 2004. I think everyone is under this impression that you somehow have to score numerous goals to be considered a team of superiority, but if you can prevent opponents from scoring and break them down at the last minute in the fashion that Argentina has - are you not the better team?

It's not a shame if Argentina wins, and I think everyone needs to rethink what good football is. Yes, Argentina has largely relied on Messi for offense - but they're not without their good offensive players. They do a great job of keeping the ball (and did a good job of that against a strong team like the Netherlands), and the Argentinian goalie had the better of a great Netherlands squad. They certainly haven't showed a whole lot of strength, but it doesn't make them a bad team. Would they really be in the Final otherwise?

Think of it this way - too. Germany hasn't played very well either since their opening match against Portugal. They couldn't beat Ghana and barely beat the United States. They struggled against Algeria and France, and beat up on a Brazil team that was missing players and did not really show up to play. If you ask me, by your standards, they don't deserve to win either.

If we can all admit that some of the best teams in this World Cup have been largely underwhelming, then perhaps you'll accept this Final for what it is. No one has had to pay outstanding football to get to the Final - like it or not. Either way, that doesn't mean those teams didn't deserve to get here. They did enough to win, and that's what counts in the end.

16. Andreina

There's no way you can compare a traditionally tough side like Ghana and a continuously rising team like the USA (which everyone has to admit performed BRILLIANTLY) with rivals like Iran (Argentina didn't even deserve to win that game) and Bosnia & Herzegovina, who were just a smokescreen and made everyone thought they had talent when they really were a load of crap.

Surely Germany struggle with Algeria, but if I'm going to put all games in the balance, I think it inclines Germany's side, they're more compact, have equally talented players on each line and are able to elaborate on the pitch without just hoofing the ball or just passing it to the "different" guy.

When I wasn't talking about superiority it doesn't really mean about goals, it's about the overall performance what makes you superior, if you're effective going up front, if you create clear cut chances, if you're able to hold your ground defensively, and win convincingly even if it was for a one goal difference, something that Argentina has not done this World cup.

17. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This is just embaressing now.

18. outcastboy

i feel bad for a few players that i like, but brazil deserved it

19. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

That was embarrassing, but I can't say it was unfair.

20. Andreina

I'm really glad how Brazil just crashed and burn at the end. It's so perfect.