Marvel Movie Universe: Phase 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ChuckCheese, Jul 15, 2012.

1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Looks like LEGO Marvel Super Heroes influenced this movie :halfkappa: *alluding to party*

I hope we get a proper explanation why Thor thought it more prudent to come to Earth again instead of dealing with whatever Loki's up to now.

2. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Assuming he already knows what Loki's been up to.

But yeah, him coming back to Earth after leaving for the third time definitely needs explaining :lol:

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Thor thinks Loki is dead.

Thor came back to Earth at the end of The Dark World, after declining the throne in favour of personally policing the nine worlds himself.

4. MKH

Oh, yeah, he wanted that Jane pussy. I wonder if he'll fly around or drive, hm.

5. Moridin

:lol:

6. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Did he? I seriously can't remember haha

7. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Does it bother anyone else that none of the photos features any of the Guardians of the Galaxy? I was kinda hoping they would appear in the film. Not sure how they would fit into the story but still I figured since they were introduced in phase 2 I figured they would appear in Avengers Age of Ultron.

8. MKH

The Guardians aren't Avengers and they're on the other side of space. The most we know so far is that one of the Infinity Stones is involved in Guardians and thus Thanos is connected - Thanos and the Stones bind the universe.

AoU is so yesterday - I want to see the post-credits for my sneak peek at Avengers 3!

9. Moridin

Guardians won't be in AoU, but they might be in Avengers 3. There's a character called Thanos, you saw him in the mid-credits scene in The Avengers:
    [​IMG]

this guy is the big bad Overlord, he's the one who gave Loki the army, and Marvel are playing the long con and are slowly building him up/threading him through the series before the big showdown in Avengers 3. He'll appear in a more substantial role in GotG, possibly another film (maybe a GotG sequel) in Phase 3 before A3.

There's several characters in GotG who have direct and indirect ties to Thanos (Gamora and Nebula were raised by him, Ronan is working for him, Drax [at least in the comics] was built to destroy him), as well as the involvement of an Infinity Stone, as MKH mentioned, Thanos wants them Stones.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  10. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Joss Whedon:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/this-weeks-cover-avengers-age-of-ultron/

11. MKH

[video=youtube;7ALqBtgna6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ALqBtgna6o[/video]

12. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Oh no don't get me wrong, I am not unfamiliar with who the Guardians of the Galaxy are and their history. I know a lot about each character so I know that Guardians of the Galaxy would be a movie that would help set up Avengers 3 in the long run but still knowing that I am incredibly disappointed that they won't be showing up in Avengers 2 because I was really excited for more heroes to join the roster of the Avengers. While we do have other heroes that be joining, I was really excited for new lead characters to join the team.

I know they weren't part of the Avengers in the comic books but the idea of the extend universe having everyone connected is really interesting and I look to the Avengers to unite all the heroes from each phase into one big clash so I just can't help but feel disappointed that they aren't appearing. Its also because Guardians aren't that well known so I figured having them assist the Avengers would be a really nice way of getting them out to a bigger audience. I am sure the movie will still be amazing but having the same core cast with only "side heroes" joining just doesn't get me as excited if they were going to be a part of the movie.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  13. Moridin

Apparently Ronan's ship, the Dark Aster, is 3 miles wide:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Guardians is going to be so fucking dope.

15. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  16. Gibs

17. MKH

My money is on the 2019 one being the final Avengers film so we can get Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Ant-Man in on that. People can bitch about Avengers 3 inevitably being "overcrowded" all they want, but the original six just barely (and luckily) beat the Chitauri. AoU already needs 3 (maybe 4 with The Vision) more to take on Ultron, and Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet is gonna be a helluva lot harder to take on than a stripped-down Ultron.

Plus, this solo Black Widow movie's been talked about a lot, and apparently Marvel's got an idea of what to do with a solo Hulk, so here's hoping to that 'cause Ruffalo's awesome.

18. Gibs

The Avengers + Guardians of the Galaxy for The Avengers 3 = AWESOME.

19. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

5 minute clip of Guardians.

[video=youtube;EzI-U1Fh9zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzI-U1Fh9zc[/video]

20. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

:rofl:

[video=youtube;2Pj8n_cEPiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pj8n_cEPiA[/video]