New Linkinpark.com Now Live

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jul 21, 2014.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Linkin Park's official site Linkinpark.com has now been elegantly updated and revamped to match the artistic style of their new album, The Hunting Party. Fans can create a personal profile through the Community Hub in order to communicate with fans from around the world.

Check out images of the new site below and visit the new site HERE.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/072114-173420_Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 3.30.54 PM.png[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/072114-173440_Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 3.33.20 PM.png[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/072114-173456_Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 3.33.45 PM.png[/thumb]​
    Source: LP.com

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's like, the site looks cool - but it just has terrible flow. This is a weird format for the website - not sure if I like it.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

^Agreed. I'm sure it will improve with time though.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You can't "stream their entire discography," they just have short samples of all of the songs...

And for fuck's sake, this is Linkin Park's OFFICIAL website. Would it kill them to get in touch with the band and actually get the REAL lyrics to songs rather than apparently having a half-deaf WB intern transcribe them? Check out the lyrics to the Skin to Bone/I'll Be Gone remixes from Recharged - they're TERRIBLE. There are even question marks in some places, and they have the lyrics for the two I'll Be Gone remixes backwards, too. Laughably unprofessional. Nobody should ever attempt to pass off unofficial lyrics on an official website.

But hey, at least all the features of the website seem to be functioning properly, unlike the horribly-broken website we've been dealing with for the last couple years.

M&M

M&M Banned

Wow, they really need to fix the lyrics!

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

Same here, can't access the site anymore, it just gives me "404 Not Found" now.

But I expect it to be just as badly programmed as their last one, just as Louis said it is. They keep using a lot of scripted animations and such that takes up SO much power, and I can't figure our why! That's just so inconvenient! You can really tell the band has NOTHING to do with the official site, it's probably just WBs PR people at this point.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah i think too. But did the band recognize how bad te site works? :lol: Its their own interest to be good for the fans.

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

I will get this fixed, you can always contact me on twitter when you catch things like this.

Thanks-

Lorenzo-

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

Thanks for your feedback- HTML 5 and parallax designs are the new standard. I promise you we took many months to develop this, not WBR not PR.

lorenzoerr

lorenzoerr Active Member

it will take a day or two to fully populate, trust me this site is a beast!

-Lorenzo

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

Dope ass looking site.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'm liking it. The previous site was a disaster, to be honest. I had seen blogs that looked better than it.
    This is better by miles.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

Typical Linkin park fans ^^^^ :lol:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I love the new website! Better than the super-slow one last time!

Thanks a lot bro! You're the best. :awesome:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This. It's actually has made the idea of redesigning this site a headache because either we simply reskin the site with new colors, but have an 'outdated' standard for our design, or we adapt to the new standards...which none of us on LPA are versed in. We lost our main designer 2 years ago, and have been looking for a new one that we can trust...to no avail.

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Its Cool Now!

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

The mobile version of the site is pretty good. Miles better than the previous version.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

The site looks nice, kudos to the developers!
    But honestly I have to admit that I prefer simple sites which don't lag on old (or even new) machines. I don't know anything about web programming, but I think the LPA looks good and doesn't really need html5 or something. Does it even have any real advantages for a forum-focused site like the LPA?
    Of course you can create pretty stuff with the modern standards, but you can also create simple, less demanding sites which look good!

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I personally love the LPA website. It's super simple, doesn't lag, and each forum section is good. Plus the people for the most part are cool. If I had to change something I would just add new skins. I like the dark colors best. Something with gray, navy blue, and white would be cool. And add some THP design in the background like at the top of the screen.