One Month After (and counting)... Thoughts about "The Hunting Party"?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by 3DU4RDO, Jul 19, 2014.

?

Rate THP One Month After

1. Masterpiece

17 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Very Good !

56 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. It could have been better, but it's still good I guess

23 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Average Album

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Mediocre Album

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There are tracks from "A Thousand Suns" and onward that I do dislike but none that I feel any strong urge to skip during listen-throughs. I certainly don't consider "The Hunting Party" to be perfect but there are basically no tracks that I seriously wish were not there. :)

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I like this album and I listen to it every day. The only song that I don't like is Until It's Gone. Also The Summoning and all those interludes after songs are absolutely pointless...

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

You do not like interludes, eh? :lol:

I liked the part where you said I was right. :shifty:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I'm not the biggest fan of them.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Unlike some *gives evil eye to them* I tend to like them more and more with each new album. I personally love this one!

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Mentioning those other two bands is taking it way too far. You pulled strings on a subject that were just far too short for you to actually grab. Try again.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I greatly enjoy listening to The Hunting Party, though I haven't been listening to it front-to-back recently. I tend to use the Shuffle feature on my iPod to keep things fresh. Having a THP song come right after a softer or mellowed-out song is both humorous and jarring. It's a shame that some people can't get behind the overall sound and vision of this album and have already dismissed it as being a least favorite. If anything, its instrumentation and in-your-face approach make it stand out even more to me compared to other rock bands.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Its a hit or miss album

A Thousand Suns >hybrid theory >meteora>minutes to midnight>living things =the hunting party.

If LP's first two albums were Living Things then the Hunting Party then they wouldn't be as popular.

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

I still really enjoy the album, but I don't think Wastelands or Until it's Gone will ever grow on me. Those two songs are just crap.

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

I really like it. Not only is it my favorite LP album, it's my third favorite album period. Drawbar (especially when coupled with Final Masquerade), A Line in the Sand, Keys to the Kingdom, and Rebellion are all great. A little tired of Mark the Graves and All for Nothing but those are still both good songs. Only weak point is Wastelands IMO.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I still really enjoy the record. If I had to pick a favourite, I'd still say KTTK just because of that bridge section. God, I love that part.

Mark The Graves has also grown on me a lot more. Still, there are moments that I can't stand but I guess it's easier to ignore now that some time has passed.

So yeah, it's decent!

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

tbh, this album is a push back of progression. It's very black and white. Where's the flair? It's generic rock imo. I'm sad to say but I'm disappointed. Some of the album is stuff weve heard over and over and over again from other musicians. It's not a lazy album but the band isn't moving forward. It's almost as if they gave in for the fans that wanted harder music. Also, where's Han on this album? This isn't Linkin Park anymore. The only thing I can say is that Rob did one hell of a job. Credit well deserved there. Just my thought...

Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

When THP came out, I couldn't stop listening to it. Now, I still love it, though I kinda wish there was a little more versatility to the album. I still listen to it nonetheless.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Hahn probably did plenty in the studio while producing these tracks, especially synth sounds and whatnot. Problem is: what is he going to do live? So yeah, agreed, they could've gone the extra mile there. Now he's probably just going to trigger samples live when Mike's too busy.

And it's a step forward in terms of instrumentation. Sound-wise, though, I'd call it "moving around" since they haven't been very consistent there over the past couple of albums.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That is a better way to look at it. It isn't as simple as "forward" or "backward". :)

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

Honestly I think they did it.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Linkin Park has only had two steps forward, and those were Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

THP is one small step in progression, but one giant leap in building confidence to making "different" albums in the future.

:wat:

HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Meh, I still like it.

Mark The Graves has made it's way into my top 5 LP songs.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Yup, still listen to it everyday. I always listen to Final Masquerade since it's my favorite song from THP, but surprisingly I've been listening to UIG a whole lot more than usual and actually still like it. Yeah, I understand the complaints about the song, but in terms of my life lately, UIG surprisingly is starting to hit close to home now. Say what you want, Linkin Park still knows how to get to your heart.