Linkin Park: "Final Masquerade" video premiere on MTV

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jul 29, 2014.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I liked that video even though it was a bit busy. I'm not sure if I liked it because it's no a Joe Hahn directed video or if it's really good. I liked the job the band did as a whole with their facial expressions and body movements. The overall tone was very apocalyptic which I like.

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Well, It's not on MTV.ca, and MTV.com refuses to play it for me because of where I live. Yay. ^.^;

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[THUMB]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Btugs7WIAAIEOE0.jpg[/THUMB]

▲▲▲​

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

#ShrekIsIlluminati

RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Hopefully this is on Youtube soon. MTV's video player is fucking terrible and won't stream above 400 kbps video.

Edit: That said, awesome video.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. I'm hoping we can get some high quality audio of this version without the baby crying, etc. so I can insert it into my album. That's almost assuredly not happening, of course; maybe it'll just make sense with the Until It's Gone outro baby. :lol:

mshinoda20

mshinoda20 Member

i.jpg

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Such a great music video now i just need such great music videos for KTTK and Rebellion

M&M

M&M Banned

Pretty cool video!

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

What did I just watch. 0_o

shikshakk

shikshakk New Member

1.jpg

2.jpg

The other two graffitis made it clear. Someone's into crazyass David Icke's theories, LP members or the director idek.

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I have a love hate relationship with this video. On one hand, the shots of the band are absolutely amazing. Every single of them caught either a perfect physical moment or a great emotional one. On the other hand...what the hell was the rest of that thing...

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

God I want Joe Hahns life. Get paid to show up and bob your head. Left hand on the turnable that's not plugged in to any power while flailing his right is his contribution to Linkin Park. Highlight of the video. It was just visceral and unapologetic

The video was good, but i'm just not a fan of music videos that doesn't capture what the lyrics are about. It never works for me. They're talking about relationships, but they have a baby deserted on a post-apocalyptic street in his diaper. Dafuq? It's why i've never been a fan of 99% of art out there, it's literally just chucking shit against the wall and hoping some of it sticks with the viewer.

He shot the Final Masquerade video very well, but the content didn't resonate with me. I don't think he understood the song, and the band created it for more radio/streamlined intentions so there's a duality there that ultimately makes the video fall flat.

Highlights:
    -Chester as usual. He's always the standout in LP video.
    -The What I've Done-ish band shots.

I would love to see what this director could do for a Mark the Graves video though. When I listen to that song I always think of drugs and it's effect and after the bridge having that Requiem of a Dream moment where you see your girl waiting for you on a bright day symbolizing the light at the end of the tunnel, but then get sucked back in the abyss with the way the song ends with Chesters screams after the final "nothing left nothing right.." lyrics, but knowing Linkin Park they'll probably have giraffes upside down in a post apocalyptic world with a hot girl screaming to quick shots of the band including Joe Hahn smashing those turntables with Brad mouthing lyrics during guitar sections for a Mark the Graves video. Art!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Can we all just take the audio of 0:00-1:00 and insert it before FM.

I shall call it "Empty Spaces Part 2"

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Beautifully shot. Horribly busy.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

They've come out and said it's a relationship song? The words could just as easily work as a dying/religious based narrative.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Watched this a fair few times last night as I found I was spotting new things every time I watched it (a given, due to the frantic pacing of the video).

I love it. Definitely one of my favourite LP videos.

Interestingly, this guy directed the first music video of my previous favourite band Silverchair. The track is called 'Tomorrow'. You can actually see quite a few similar visual cues between this video and that one.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Jeez, this is easily the best Linkin Park music video in...10 years? At least? And easily one of their top 2 or 3 videos period.

You can tell Brad was still recovering from his back injury when this was filmed, he's definitely sitting down in all of his performance shots.

All of the extra stuff in the intro/outro is in the album version, they just pulled a few of the stems out and stuck them at the beginning and end.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Why was there a random baby crying in the middle of the street? I don't really see any meaning to that. And for fucks sake, it was a baby! Just in the middle of the street. No one picked it up till the end. The poor baby was crying there for hours. Why was there a random lady dressed up in angel wings throwing fits?

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Metaphors.