The Hunting Party Reactions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AkirraKrylon, Jun 9, 2014.

1. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

After a month of listening, I wouldn't say I am bored of it but its definitely an album you should be listening too alongside other types of music. I think the album is at its best when you're listening to "quieter music" and then boom the Hunting Party is on. Unfortunately, I think this album will be the one contributing the least amount of songs to my list of top Linkin Park songs. A Line in the Sand truly is the highlight of the album for me. Overall, I say the quality of the album is definitely higher than some other albums but its average is higher but its highest moments are few and far in between in comparison to other albums.

2. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this was posted already in this thread, but I have to say that a month later, I still listen to this album, and...well...

4164652+_ba863cb480297b0d0fbb81f1dff22e9a.jpg

Should I possibly see a doctor? It's getting a little embarrassing.

3. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Glad to know there are still people out there with this much love for the album and while I may not have this exact reaction, I do hold a somewhat similar reaction when listening to the album.

4. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Every time I listen to the album from front to back now, I am reminded of Chester. In some interview he said something along the lines of "we want people to be tired from the constant aggression of the album." I certainly do get tired, and I think it really helps to take a break and listen to some soft stuff afterwards (like ATS). I've found I really appreciate softer music more now, for instance I've been listening to a lot of CHVRCHES after THP came out and I think going back and forth keeps things fresh.

I think Living Things lost it's appeal for me faster, it felt much less inspired overall and much more like a group of random songs bunched into an album. We'll see how much longer I stay interested in THP. For reference though, I still listen to ATS four years later almost once a week without getting bored.

5. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

After 1 1/2 Month i am not tired of THP. I could listen to it all day :lol:

6. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I don't listen to THP everyday, or even every other day, but when I do listen to it I can enjoy it for the most part (so it's already far outlived LT). It's not a great album, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a good one.

7. Kaciekk

Kaciekk Well-Known Member

Lol, I sorta already did a reaction thing, but that was on Tumblr.
    I gotta say, Until It's Gone has lost it's love from the fans, but I really like it more than when I first listened to it. Guilty All The Same still give me a bunch of energy, and when I listen to Wastelands, I can't help but hit repeat several times
    KTTK is super catchy and gives me so much energy I want to punch a wall :D . Rebellion is super awesome, I love how you can hear SOAD in the beginning riffs, and then you start to hear LP. For me this song is sorta like a metal Castle of Glass, for some reason... Mark the Graves I still need to listen to some more, but I am able to interpret the lyrics 'nothing right, nothing left' two different ways and I think that's pretty cool.
    All for Nothing has my favorite rapping verses of all of THP, seriously I love Mike's word choices. BUT A Line in the Sand is my favorite because I feel it gives off an atmosphere that really shows what Linkin Park is all about, a great way to wrap up the album. Overall, I think the boys pulled it off again!

8. Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

Mike wouldn't approve :bradwink:

9. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

quick info the kid int the outrolude for "KKTK" is actually a kid of one of the members (source. Rock Hard magazine Germany)

10. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I feel as if the album combines all the best parts of previous releases.

11. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I'm surprised the albums score on Sputnik, not exactly a Linkin friendly site, is still relatively high.

12. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I still love the album man. I can listen to it anytime and still enjoy the heck out of it.

13. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Same here. It just something fresh to me everytime i listen to it. Maybe because Brad step up a bit on this record. Nothing against his work on HT and Meteora, but i think this is better than his work as these old days. IMO.

14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Same here too.

There are so many moments I consider as great on this record that it keeps things fresh and interesting, as I'm always looking forward something throughout the listens. I guess that now, I can safely say the record ranks along my 3 favorite from the band, and I'm very pleased with that :)

15. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

I like the album, they did a great job this time around!
    I was almost expecting an album with just a bunch of stereotypical What I've Done mainstream rock songs just to be 'visceral'
    Can't wait to see some of these songs performed on the Carnivores Tour!