August 9, 2014 - Tampa, FL

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 9, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

After kick off to The Carnivores Tour with 30 Seconds To Mars and AFI on August 8th in West Palm Beach the tour moves on to Tampa.
    Here the band has played six times before, in 2001, 2001 again, 2004, 2007, 2008 and the latest being in 2011 in support of A Thousand Suns. From the 2004 performance the band released the performance of the live cover of the Nine Inch Nails song "Wish". The performance can be found on the LPU 4.0 CD. You can check out the audio of the performance here below.

[video=youtube;xRZgM-abP7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRZgM-abP7s[/video]
    Join the Underground at LPUnderground.com

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/080814-175719_tctb.png[/thumb]​

Last night the band played in West Palm Beach, the band was late to the stage which caused them to drop Given Up, Points of Authority, Runaway, Wastelands, Castle of Glass and the Ballad Medley. During the encore break, Chester came out on the stage and apologized for the delay, keeping it secret as to why and only saying it was "for a good reason". Further changes to the setlist from the European Festival tour were made, and for the West Palm Beach show they were:

• New mash up intro to the show consisting of Session, The Requiem, Guilty All The Same and The Catalyst.
    • Until It's Gone got cut down from it's original form, and the extended intro was removed. Instead they played the samples used for the extended intro before leaving the stage for the encore break.
    • The cut down version of Crawling got a new outro, adding on the first verse of With You.
    • They debuted both Rebellion and Final Masquerade.
    Forum member RyRy recorded the band's performance of "Rebellion" from his seat:

[YOUTUBE]snVKmBx1VOo[/YOUTUBE]​

As previously stated, we know that the band are not rotating setlists this tour, so we can expect the same setlist for this show, but hopefully with no dropped songs. If you're going to the LPU Meet&Greet, make sure to give Mike some subjects for him to talk about in the weekly VLOG he is doing during this tour. In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on the LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it be known you are attending the show to meet some other awesome fans.

After this The Carnivoures Tour moves on to Charlotte, NC on the 12th and after that it heads to Bristow, VA on the 13th.

Did you attend the West Palm Beach show? Are you going to a show on this tour? Come and discuss in our forums.

--------------------------------

Setlist:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority [Shortened]
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, When They Come For Me)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (Until It's Gone Sample Intro)
    23. New Divide [Shortened]
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    25. With You [Shortened] (Verse 1 A Capella)
    26. Until It's Gone [Shortened]
    27. What I've Done (Extended bridge)
    28. Bleed It Out (The Catalyst refrain with drum solo bridge)

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Such a shame that they don't perform The Catalyst in its entirety anymore. It's my favorite LP song to date. I think they need to drop Crawling permanently because Chester can no longer sing it properly and hasn't been able to in years. Wouldn't mind seeing if they dropped Lost in the Echo and New Divide either. I would love to hear Mark the Graves and A Line in the Sand live instead.

Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

Does the LPA not post the full set list from a show anymore. Like an actual list. And I can't tell if this is for the first show of the Carnivores Tour. Any response from the LPA team about posting an actual set list like you guys have done in the past?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Here is the news post for the first show of the Carnivores tour. There's no setlist because we haven't gotten those details yet.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Need to see the official recording of Rebellion soon.

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

If you want all the info about any LP live show, go with the professionals: www.LPLive.net

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

mike's vlog seems like an attempt to keep their youtube channel more active, the views on their videos dropped drastically, I dont know if youtube shows actual view count for their videos but its hard to believe that FM music video is only at 1 million views.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

:rolleyes: and I suppose we're not professionals? Is that what you're trying to say here?

Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

:wat:

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Can't wait for tonight! Although I am bummed I did not get Meet and Greet.

Also, what kind of lame-o joins the competition's web forum and has over 100 posts on it? :dafuq:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We don't even view the other fansites as competition...we view them as allies. Of course when people insult our site to shamelessly plug another site like Diablo did, it doesn't really help people think the two sites are getting along, when in reality...we are. We respect them, and they respect us.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Fight, Fight, Fight!

Did no one record Final Masquerade out of that entire crowd?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, a quick YouTube search says 'no'. Maybe we should give it a day or two

l4g_testify

l4g_testify Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how long the show lasted from beginning to end? Jw trying to estimate my time when I go on the 12th

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6qksD6x9H8

Sounds really good! (if you ignore the less talented singer next to the camera)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

did anyone mention the MALL trailers and clips yet?

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Applause for the band for flawlessly pulling off Rebellion and shush-ing haters and doubters off. Great job.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

http://youtu.be/x6qksD6x9H8

Final Masquerade debut. Posted this in the other thread but here too in case that thread dies. The crowd was annoying but the band was good, Chester was off at a few parts.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I wonder how Chester was doing today. He seemed to have hurt his foot yesterday at the end. Hopefully, he didn't get injured again during today's show.

Yeah. I always never got why people doubted Brad and Mike. They aren't extraordinary guitarists but they are quite decent. Also, like I've said before, I think Brad is lazy rather than incapable.

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Anyone going to the show tonight need a ticket? I have an extra GA (non-VIP) I need to unload for less than the face value.