August 13, 2014 - Bristow, VA

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Aug 13, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Following on from the third Carnivores show in Charlotte, NC, Linkin Park are now moving on to play the tour's fourth date at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA tonight, August 13. The band performed at this venue once before, while headlining the Honda Civic tour in 2012. Prior to that, three Projekt Revolution festival tours (2004, 2007 and 2008) included shows at Nissan Pavilian in Bristow.

Last night's show in Charlotte featured a lengthy setlist which was fairly similar to the one from the Tampa show before it but also included a couple of changes, which included "With You" being played in full for the first time during this leg, and "Somewhere I Belong" and "Lying From You" being added in.

After this date, the Carnivores tour will make stops in Camden, NJ and Mansfield, MA.

Will you be attending this show? Let us know on our message board! Anyone looking to meet up with fellow LPA members at this show and others on the tour can find meet-up information and put your name down here.

------------------------------------------

Setlist (via [url="http://lplive.net]LPL[/url]):

01. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    04. With You
    05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened] (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only; Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
    07. Papercut [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    08. Rebellion (Ext. Intro)
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name Chorus + Verse 2; Ext. Outro Transition)
    19. Lying From You (Dirt Off You Shoulders Intro/Bridge/Outro)
    20. Somewhere I Belong
    21. In The End
    22. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    23. Burn It Down [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    24. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    25. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); Transition Outro)
    26. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ Points Of Authority Rap)
    27. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Source: Setlist via [url="http://lplive.net]LPLive[/url]

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I am going to this show! I also have a meet and greet! It seems like nobody else is going to this show on LPA

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I missed out on Lying from you and Somewhere I belong? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, glad Linkin Park are changing their setlist.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Yeah, I was worried they would stick to one set this entire tour. But it's nice to see them change it up. I'm not a fan of the shorter versions of the songs though. Takes away some of the effect, imo.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

So happy this day is finally here! I hope we get the setlist they used last night. I would love to see With You live again.

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Let us know how the meet and greet goes! :lol:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I'm going :awesome:
    It's my first concert, too.

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

I'll be going! There is a meet a greet? How much is it?

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

I'll be there!!

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

Joe seemed to have a bad night. His Dj set felt like there was too much going on. And then butchered the RTN to DOYS transition. Mike looked at brad & started laughing, but Joe couldn't pick it back up to the point where Mike looked at Joe and said "Keep going Joe!." After that Joe seemed stoned face and then right before they finished one of the songs he seemed to just give up and rushed off stage. One of the techs took over and finished the song. After the break he came back though and seemed to be back into spirits.

Other than that, the show was amazing and the energy was insane. I was worried going into this concert, I had been watching fan videos trying to get an idea of what the show would be like (as I do for every band I go see,) and it felt stale. But being there was a whole other experience. It was nice to see/ hear soo many people know all the lyrics. I always forget there's an entire fandom that exists outside of the forum community. Chester's vocals sounded way better than they did in the previous years. Mike held his own singing wise and overall everything seemed kosher. It's always interesting to see Brad perform because he's definitely off in his own place a lot of the time.

Another gripe I had, was that during their transitions & medleys they didn't feel perfected. You could hear the idea there but when it was executed it felt a little rough and at times jarring.

Again though overall it was a great show man. I was pumped!

peetagts

peetagts New Member

Josh

Hey guys, I got a picture with Phoenix during the meet and greet. It'll be my cover photo for now on.

minuteforce

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening to anyone in the band before

Nice! You should write a full-on review of the evening :)

Josh

Alright. This is my full review of the LPU Meet and Greet and Bristow, Virginia concert.

LPU Meet and Greet:
    Me and my dad first went to the spot that LPU told us to go. We waited until the disclosed time and lorenzo signed us in and gave us our meet and greet passes. We waited until everybody was signed in, which took around 10 minutes. 30STM started and we were still waiting. Finally, we got taken back through this door, down some steps and walked up to this medium sized deck. The deck was neither huge or small. Lorenzo told us that we were going to take a group photo with the band first. We waited around 20 minutes for the band to finally arrive. Joe showed up first. He was funny and started signing stuff. Then came Phoenix and Rob. Brad came up around 30 seconds later in Pajamas :lol:. Mike and Chester came around 3 minutes later.

~Chester~
    Chester came last to the Meet and Greet. He seemed very rushed and was signing stuff really fast. I was kinda disappointed that he looked "rushed." Eventually he made his way around and i got both of my items signed by him. I then asked if i could take a picture with me but he said no due to "time." I was kinda pissed because when he went onto the next person (girls), they asked for a picture and he said yes. I was pissed then. (Chester signed my stuff last.)

~Mike~
    Mike came second to last as mentioned above. He also seemed kinda rushed. He was still happy to see everyone though. He eventually came around and signed my stuff. He seemed happy to meet me. He said he liked my Magazine signed by Paul Reed Smith (Also had LP interview in it) and signed both pages. Was good.

~Brad~
    Brad was wearing Pajamas as I said above :lol:. He was 3rd to sign my stuff. He was kinda quiet but was happy to see everyone. I told him about my magazine that was signed by Paul Reed Smith as he was kinda walking away but turned around and said "Wow, that's really cool!"

~Phoenix~
    IMO Phoenix was the best with interacting with. He was 2nd to sign my stuff. He was really happy to see everyone. He signed all of my stuff and I asked for a picture and said yes! (My avatar now). Then me and him had about a 2 minute conversation about "The Hunting Party" and iwas saying that they went the right direction and it was really good. He was happy to talk to me and was the best to meet IMO.

~Joe~
    Joe came to the Meet and Greet first. He was 1st to sign my stuff. He was funny but yet quiet. Like you had to talk to him first then he would respond. He wasn't really like "Hey whats up" he just came up to me and signed my stuff and said "have fun tonight." Later he was taking pictures with everyone so it was cool.

End of LPU Meet and Greet
    The band took 3 photos with us and then said bye and left. We had to wait 2 minutes for Linkin Park to leave. Then we got let into the concert.

Beginning of Linkin Park Concert (In The Pit)
    Linkin Park started off with GATS and were very energetic. A couple of songs in we got to OSC which really pumped the crowd up. A couple of songs later and at the end of (can't remember which song) Chester said: "Man you guys are kicking some ass tonight!" A couple of songs later they played Runaway which led into Wastelands. Before Wastelands started chester gave a shout out to LPA! Chester said: "I wanna give a shout-out to LPA for Wastelands."

My Special hand grab from Chester twice!
    Then, the song "In the End" came. This is the performance that changed this song forever for me. Before "In the End" started Mike said: " I've never seen Chester in the crowd so much before." In the End started and was great. Chester then came down again and was walking the front PIT fence. He was eventually coming down towards me. Then He saw me, grabbed my hand and was singing towards me. He let go for about 5 seconds then grabbed my hand again and sang to me again. It was amazing. I have video of this amazing moment that happened to me. Check it out:
    I am pretty sure Chester recognized me from the M&G because i was wearing a bright orange Polo. Nobody else was wearing orange. Also i think he felt bad because he turned down my picture but then took a picture with the girls right after. It was well worth the "Grabbing my hand and singing to me" then a picture. What a experience for me.

The encore came and it was good. It ended with extended BIO and was great.

Rating of the shows performance 10/10

Setlist Rating: 9.5/10

M&G Rating: 7/10

Chester Grabbing my hand and singing to me twice: 1,000,000/10

Pictures of my Autographs/Magazine/Phoenix:
    A Thousand Suns:
    [​IMG]
    Hybrid Theory:
    [​IMG]
    Phoenix signed the back:
    [​IMG]
    Meet and Greet Pass:
    [​IMG]
    Me and Phoenix!
    [​IMG]
    My Magazine signed by Paul Reed Smith and Linkin Park:
    [​IMG]
    Chester's signature on the LP interview page:
    [​IMG]
    Mike's signature on the LP interview page:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Great review, man!
    That's...kinda distressing to hear about Hahn. I've never really stopped to think about how much pressure he's probably under, having to trigger backing tracks on-time, manage transitions and playing samples...that sounds stressful.

:awesome:

That's quite a story!
    Nice to see how Chester made up for not taking a pic with you. XD
    I'm quite surprised that there was picture-taking at all. Seems like the M&Gs are much more informal than what I've seen in the past, what with the conveyor belt style of signing items and what-not. :lol: Did you have to miss 30STM or AFI for the M&G?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hey Josh, how did you end up getting to the front of the pit after being in a M&G?

minuteforce

He must be a wizard!

minuteforce

Damn. That sucks, man

But you still had a good night, all in all, so that's cool :)

Josh

I missed both 30STM and AFI. We just all stood around the edge of the deck and LP came around. It was kinda informal.

Btw here is my link to my video of Chester grabbing my hand twice.! Well worth a watch!

http://youtu.be/v79bzT0rG2g

Oh and how I got a good spot, well the M&G ended at 9 and I made my way directly to the pit, still finding that were was good amount of space on the sides, so I camped there. Chester then made his way down :)

Btw the pit wasn't that full, there was lots of room in the back.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014