August 15, 2014 - Camden, NJ

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 14, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

The Carnivores Tour continues on it's way through the US and Canada, this time stopping in Camden, New Jersey.

Linkin Park and Camden are no strangers to each other, with this performance being the sixth in total. The band performed here in 2001, 2001 again, 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2012. The 2012 performance was at the sixth LPU Summit, where the band held a rock, papper, scissors contest and played a two song acoustic set consisting of The Messenger and In My Remains. This is also where we got the familiar video you have seen on our front page... Mike Shinoda welcoming you to LPA.

While that video is cool, we can't talk about Linkin Park in Camden without mentioning the 2004 performance. In 2011 this was released to the world. This is a full set recording of what many have called the best Linkin Park setlist ever, and it's a fantastic performance. What makes this performance even more special is that this is the only show on the 2004 Projekt Revolution tour that the band pulled fans up on stage to play guitar on Faint. For this performance they pulled up a fan named Billy on stage, they did try with another fan named Jason before Billy but he didn't work out. You can check out Linkin Park ft. Billy play Faint here below.

[​IMG]

At the previous performance of The Carnivores Tour the band played in Bristow, VA where the band played the second set list again. The band continued with the short cut down versions of several songs, making the set list list 28 songs as played. The show went down smoothly, except for issues that Mr. Hahn seemed to have with the samples, as you can see in the Lying From You video further below.

In terms of set lists, the band has so far played two different ones. They brought back With You, Lying From You and Somewhere I Belong. On Lying From You the band added the intro from Dirt Off Your Shoulders/Lying From You from Collision Course. They also added the Jay-Z part to the bridge of the song. All the Jay-Z parts are sampled and triggered by Mr. Hahn, but this opens the door for Jay-Z to appear on stage with the band sometime during the tour. You can check out a performance of Lying From You here below.

We have a full video here, but we can't embed it due to Facebook, but thanks to forum member peetagts for the video.

With the band having performed the same set list two days in a row and then switching to another, is it possible that with this being the fifth performance we will get a new set list? Or will the band stick to the two that they already have? This show being live streamed, so any surprises are welcome, as long as Rebellion and Final Masquerade stays in there and gets a pro shot video.

In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. At this show there will be two admins of LPA present, see if you can find them at the show.

Live Stream Details

On August 4th it was announced that this show would be live streamed, adding on the greatness that is Linkin Park in Camden.

The live stream will start at 9:20 ET, 6:20 PST and 2:20 AM BST. And thanks to Yahoo we have a countdown timer on the site where the stream will happen, so if you are unsure when that is, just click here and you will find out how much time remains. It doesn't get simpler than that. We usually, during a live stream, follow it in the shoutbox. Come and join us in there during the show. If you miss the live broadcast, the show will be up for 24 hours, and even after that it will probably find a nice home on someones YouTube channel. The Yahoo page also have a nice playlist of seemingly every Linkin Park music video and some LPTV episodes.

What do you think? Are you going to this show? Are you gonna watch the live stream? Are you excited for pro shots of Rebellion and Final Masquerade? Come and discuss in our forums.

--------------------------------

Setlist:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority [Shortened]
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] Until It's Gone Sample Intro)
    23. New Divide [Shortened]
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); w/ Faster Tempo and With You verse 1)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened]
    26. What I've Done (Extended bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (The Catalyst refrain bridge)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'll be there. Probably around 3 or 4PM.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Great post!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Kevin, you're in fucking beast mode :lol:

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Kevin, you're on fire with these news posts! :eek:

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

TOO DAMN LONG
    TL;DR

Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

I feel like with these setlists they may seem disappointing on paper but are actually energetic and "make sense" once you experience it. On a side note I hope 30STM continue playing attack, hurricane, and from yesterday in their setlist. Those were some I wanted to hear the most since this will be my first time seeing them.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

First off, great news post. Possibly the best tour post I've ever seen here.

But I think you can embed FB videos. I'm sure I've done it once.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I'll be at-least twenty minutes late for the live stream :(. I really wanted to watch the show live.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

The stream is at 2:20 AM BST, not PM. :)

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Thank you, I fixed it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Again, someone better rip the live stream :lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Exactly. I'll have no internet access during the time of live stream and likely not until a few days afterward, so someone better fucking rip it! xD

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

So 30STM are playing 3 songs of ABL, which is at least something...

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Here's a better Remember the Name/Lying from You/DOYS, courtesy of LPA user 619nufc.

[video=youtube;2Cxi13lDRMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cxi13lDRMM[/video]

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'll be in the pit, can't wait to jam with you all! I think I'm going to wear my red LPA shirt I wore to the Summit. I'm going to the show alone so I'd love to meet up with someone. Anyone know what's necessary to bring in order to gain early entry? I'm in the LPU.

Sonic

If nobody thinks I'm too much of a dick to hangout, I'll be wearing all black, DC shirt. I'm also bringing my GoPro into the pit. I'll also be with my brother, which this is his first big time concert.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Dave

Dave Try the ketchup! Please.

Hopefully I run in to some of you guys there, I've been staring at the clock at work all day in anticipation. I'll be tailgating and am sitting in section 200.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point, haha! Turns out my LPA shirt is way too big on me now, so I'll stick with red and wear a Rutgers shirt. Quick side question, does anyone know if certain tickets come with parking? Only other time I've been to Susquehanna was for the Summit, and parking was pretty easy for that at 8am. :lol: I'm probably leaving my place by 3-3:30pm and should be there around 5pm. That gives me some time to take advantage of the early entry, right?

Sonic

Last time I went I paid $25 to park in the lot around 4pm. I figured it was better than coming out of the concert with my car up on blocks.

I also got an email reminding me to pick up my free merch.

Dear LINKIN PARK Fan,

Thank you for your LINKIN PARK premium package experience package purchase.

Below are important details regarding your package.

CHECK-IN TENT & PACKAGE MERCHANDISE
    Door times are at 5:30PM.
    When you arrive at the venue, please check in at the LINKIN PARK premium experience tent located at the Walt Whitman entrance.
    Please bring proper photo ID (drivers license, passport, official state ID).
    Your LINKIN PARK premium package laminate & exclusive merchandise will be distributed to you at this time.

* If you purchased this package as a gift for someone else, please have your guest bring a note with photocopy of your ID (with package order/confirmation number).
    The note should explain who purchased the package and who it was transferred to.

PLEASE PICK UP YOUR MERCHANDISE BY 8:00PM

TICKETS
    Concert tickets were distributed by the ticketing company you purchased them from.
    If you have any issues regarding your ticket, please visit the venue box office and they will assist you.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
    If you have ANY questions/concerns regarding your package, please email: [email protected]
    Please also follow us on Twitter for updated VIP information regarding your package:
    @Future_Beat
    https://twitter.com/Future_Beat

THANK YOU!

Have a great time at the show!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014