August 15, 2014 - Camden, NJ

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 14, 2014.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Just met Lorenzo. :)

Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

anyone else gonna watch the yahoo live stream?

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

IT'S STARTING RIGHT NOW :D

lordblood

I JUST SAW YOU ON LIVE TV!! LPA REPRESENT! :p

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Why are they playing all the soft stuff, this is supposed to the "carnivors tour" where"s the heavy stuff,
    they should at least play keys to the kingdom and a line in the sand

JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

This setlist is different than it was from the Bristow VA show in terms of order of the songs. Interesting to hear such older material and Fort Minor stuff again, it's been years. It would only be better if I could hear songs like KTTK, AFN and ALITS. The mashups and cropping different songs together is a cool idea but part of me would rather just hear the entire song.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    lordblood

I think the mashups don't make any sense unless you are in the crowd. The energy builds up so much when they are going so quickly through their hard hitting songs, for me it was amazing to be a part of.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You say that as if Linkin Park never wrote a heavy song in their lives prior to The Hunting Party. They're playing half of the fucking album live while simultaneously being mindful of the fact that they have 5 other albums' worth of songs to choose from. Most bands at this point in their career would just go "fuck it, we'll play the lead single and that's it, rest of the set will be a Greatest Hits rendition."

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

This. I don't get people bitching about them playing more from the record at this point in the cycle.

And the shortening songs trims some of that fat of song, keeps the energy of the tune, and makes room for more. I'll take hear a little piece of a tune I love over not hearing it at all.

GATS, Given Up, POA, OSC, Papercut, Rebellion, Runaway, and Wastelands. So mellow.

Setlist Building 101: Start fast and exciting, keep the pace, tone it down, build it up for a close, annoying fake encore crap, finish strong.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Great show. Energy was astounding. Breathless. Only downfall to this show were some fools in the pit and a security guard told me I couldn't have my GoPro in my hand after they played Guilty All the Same. Not sure what the issue is with having a GoPro when everyone else has their phones.

Met Lorenzo. He was all over the place and was doing a better job organizing people than the actual staff to the event center.

30 Seconds to Mars was amazing. Can't see how anyone bitched about them the way some did.

I also got to touch Chester sweaty arm. He really connected with the fans.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

DOOOOPE! I hope there is a recording of this stream, I'd love to watch it!

I thought the show was great. It was my third LP show, but my first time in the pit for an entire concert. At the LPU Summit, I won a pass to take pictures in front of the pit, where media and security goes, but that was only for the first three songs. I lucked out and was able to gain early entry to today's concert, so I got right up front from the beginning. Ms. Murder is the only AFI song I was familiar (using this word lightly), but I thought they put on a good show. Their vocalist was very good, in my opinion.

Then, more people started coming and I noticed I was surrounded by mostly 30STM fans since they were playing next. I'm not the biggest 30STM fan either (Kings & Queens is the only song I know the lyrics to) so I let a bunch of their fans up front on the gates. I did have them promise to let me get back up front by the time LP came on, but they were all very nice and let me get my spot back, no problems. I even let someone chill on my shoulders for one of the songs, haha! Personally, I was underwhelmed with the 30STM show. To me, there was too much down time and whimsicle talking, when people are there for the music. It seemed to be more of a circus act with Jared Leto looking like his next role is as Jesus, flags in the crowd, confetti, bouncy balls, selfies, etc. I don't know, maybe I'm just being ignorant, but for the money those tickets cost, I want to hear you play some music. It felt like the crowd was being ushered to sing, jump, and chant more than the band was, makes me wonder who owes who money.

I thought LP's show was great. I loved the constant energy and seemingly nonexistent wait time between songs / sounds / interludes. It made the concert seem much longer and, I think, made it more fun as I was less likely to pull out my phone to start recording or taking pictures. I was too busy jamming most of the time! Guilty All The Same was probably the best intro of the three concerts I've seen. Definitely set the tone to the rest of the show. I had no idea they would play Rebellion live, so that was an awesome surprise. Chester came down at one point and was singing the chorus to Bleed It Out, the closing for the setlist, right in front of me. It was also pretty interesting to be in the pit because you can see the band interact with one another much clearer. For instance, I have no idea what they were saying at all, but you could see Brad and Dave at moments talking and laughing with each other. Watching this made me miss the quality LPTVs of old, but I digress.

All in all, I had a great time in the pit. It was a different experience than watching from a seat, and I'm open to doing it again. The concert tonight definitely makes me excited for Monday night at PNC Bank in Holmdel. I lucked out and got the M&G for that show and not the one tonight, so I didn't lose my spot in the pit. PNC doesn't have a pit, so I'll be able to get right back to my seat. I have no idea what I want to get signed, so I was thinking of something unique I could get signed or do. For example, I was recently IceBucketChallenged so I was thinking maybe I could do it with Linkin Park? Hahaha! But seriously, if you guys have any cool suggestions on what I could / should get signed, let a brother know!

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Setlist?

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

[video=youtube;NMFMRVhifSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMFMRVhifSE[/video]

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I feel famous :awesome:

v1c70r

v1c70r New Member

For anyone looking for a download of the show.... here it goes: LINK REMOVED

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm not sure if that's allowed here in the forums :v

v1c70r

v1c70r New Member

Didn't know it. If so, I'm sorry. I respect this website a lot I only want to share this amazing show.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For right now, I don't feel it's safe to allow direct downloads of the show.

What I will allow though is a full YouTube video. So if this is uploaded to YT in full, I'll allow that. Just not the direct download.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Dat Rebellion bridge. :CUMULUS:

masquerade

masquerade Member

Your favorite Linkin Park album or poster