August 24, 2014 - Toronto, ON, Canada

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 24, 2014.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Tonight's show in Toronto, Ontario, Canada marks the band's seventh trip to Toronto and their first since February of 2011. Interestingly enough, after their last show in Toronto, the band were forced to cancel five shows when Chester came down with an illness. Here's hoping the past doesn't repeat itself!

For those who attended the band's show at the Air Canada Centre in February 2011, like myself, you can relive that exciting concert in-full by checking out the video below:

[youtube]Fn-g17JR3F4[/youtube]​

Setlists for The Carnivores Tour have largely remained unchanged, with only minor tweaks from show-to-show, so fans can expect something very similar to what was played in Montreal, QC last night.

Are you guys attending tonight's show? I'll be in the pit wearing a black LPAssociation shirt, so feel free to introduce yourself! You can find out which fellow LPA members are attending your show by checking out the LPA Meet-Ups thread. If you do meet with a fellow LPA member, don't forget to tweet us a pic of yourselves to @LPAssociation!

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

Just got back from the show! It was my first linkin park concert and it was so amazing! I loved every second of it!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Awesome show. Missed 30STM's performance as I went for the Meet n Greet. Had some nice small chats with the guys especially Mike, Chester, and Dave.

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Oh man what an awesome show. Chester came to our side of the crowd and of all people grabbed my hand for like 5 seconds. Also got one of the guitar picks that was signed by big bad Brad.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Just absolutely incredible. Even better than their last show in Toronto in 2011! Chester's vocals sounded great. The medleys were fantastic. I was originally worried about some of the songs being shortened but I never came away from any single song performance feeling short-changed.

30STM were great, too. What a fun concert with a great crowd!

stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

Got back from the show maybe an hour ago.. Awesome show, great performances, really enjoyed the visual elements and overall am very happy!! :awesome: Absolutely stoked that I made it out for this tour!! The song choices, transitions, effects, and overall aesthetic make for a superb experience.. I would go into more specifics, but I'll save that for those attending the upcoming dates (It being an LP forum and all).

For those interested: If my memory serves me correctly, the set-list matched the one performed at Darien Center, NY on August 21, 2014. (Mark or anyone else that attended can confirm..?)

As an aside.. have only ever loosely been a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars (reasonably familiar with their more prominent work and have given 2 or 3 albums a few listens through over the years, but haven't intently followed them).. their set was also pretty great!! They performed well, Letto did a LOT of interacting with the crowd (he was calling people out, bringing fans on-stage.. ran up into the lower bowl on both sides, got a great amount of audience participation on vocal elements.. which I suppose their material is well suited to doing.., and performed acoustically from the sound-booth), made fun use of giant balloons and confetti.. and I personally thought that their lighting guy did an excellent job on creating interesting cues.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I agree, Chester sounded amazing!

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

I agree!! Way better than their last show chester had so much energy, grant it he was sick last time they came here, but wow just so good. The energy was nuts

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

So unbelievably disappointed that I couldn't make it to the show... REALLY hoping they fulfill their promise of a full fledged Canadian tour sometime in the near future. Hopefully next time with Keys To The Kingdom and A Line In The Sand in the setlist.

linkinparkfan12

linkinparkfan12 New Member